39 coaches online • Server time: 15:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Settle Children. Don't make uncle Red bring out the CRAW.

Fortunately for Lizzie, She's pretty much got a bye this round against my Dwarves. Shouldn't be any problems at all.

And Tyra, hush.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
That's crazy. I was thinking he was super lucky to get 2 cas in 20 blocks, didn't realise you did it to yourself... Bleh...

You know me mate, if it hasn't happened to me it can't happen! Very Happy

And I'll keep plugging away. It'll turn around... maybe... won't it?? Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You're looking at it the wrong way. You don't need to turn it around. You just need to turn it around for everyone else...
Lizzie

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

RedMaul wrote:
Settle Children. Don't make uncle Red bring out the CRAW.

Fortunately for Lizzie, She's pretty much got a bye this round against my Dwarves. Shouldn't be any problems at all.

And Tyra, hush.

It did get a little out of hand. I didn't realise I was going to be continuously quoted - it was just something said in a bit of a rage. My bad. I won't concede again I rarely do it in ranked, in fact I don't think I ever have on this site. I was just trying to protect my team because it's not going too well for them.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizzie wrote:
Sorry I conceded but that game was ultra brutal.

Here's an example of a brutal game Lizzie: https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3146063

You're not doing yourself any favors conceding. My advise is to just suck it up and play through it. Dead players is an inherent part of Blood Bowl.

EDIT: just read your post above. sounds good Smile

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
You're looking at it the wrong way. You don't need to turn it around. You just need to turn it around for everyone else...

On the bright side, it saved me having to make a keep/sack Mino decision Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally in SWL we haven't had many concessions, because it isn't in the spirit that SWL is played. Concessions hurt the enjoyment for people and create an imbalance in the league - they are just no good. When someone does concede they cop a heap of flack because it is looked at as weak. This goes back to the old Aussie spirit of relishing the underdog status and digging in against the odds.

However, new players to the SWL are unlikely to pick up on this straight away, so we must be mindful of making sure that they understand that its not a good look while being given the benefit of the doubt and not scrutinised too much. After all it is reggies.

Have to say the outcome to this situation is great - well handled by all in the end.

I don't want to see flame wars and fights in the SWL league threads. Overall this league is built on a great community that has a plethora of friendly rivalries, friendships and banter. It truly is a great place to play blood bowl.

Viva SWL.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmmm...

Question;

Would you keep on punishing clearly defeated opponent by trying to cause more casualties?

- D
Lizzie

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock wrote:
Hmmmmm...

Question;

Would you keep on punishing clearly defeated opponent by trying to cause more casualties?

- D

I think most people would continue to get as many pows in as possible, if not every coach in a league especially.

Though, it's probably less about punishment and more about rewarding your own players with SPP.
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would block to try and get casualty SPP but I would never foul or surf if the game was won.

Dlock wrote:
Hmmmmm...

Question;

- D

Oscar Wilde
Tomay

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Its all a matter of the situation, who your opponent is, what team they are playing, where they are on the table, etc.

If I'm playing a team that is ahead of me on the table and I have the game locked up I'll try and take more players out so it becomes easier to catch them.

If I'm playing a coach I have a rivalry against I will put the boot in for sure.

If there's a star player on the team that needs killing (a str4 wardancer or one turner) i'll try and take it out as a service to the league.

If I'm playing against a chaos team built to kill everything, I'll give them a taste of their own medicine.

I always expect people to foul me into oblivion even in junk time. Usually this is what happens Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Live by the sword, die by the sword. If I am running any CPOMB and it gets out of hand I would certainly expect it.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
Its all a matter of the situation, who your opponent is, what team they are playing, where they are on the table, etc.

If I'm playing a team that is ahead of me on the table and I have the game locked up I'll try and take more players out so it becomes easier to catch them.

If I'm playing a coach I have a rivalry against I will put the boot in for sure.

If there's a star player on the team that needs killing (a str4 wardancer or one turner) i'll try and take it out as a service to the league.

If I'm playing against a chaos team built to kill everything, I'll give them a taste of their own medicine.

I always expect people to foul me into oblivion even in junk time. Usually this is what happens Smile

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

You have to remember, this is a league. It may be in YOUR teams best interests to leave your opponent in the best shape possible, for when they take on your biggest competition next game more so than getting spp's from additional cas. Or you might be playing against your biggest threat right now, in which case, do whatever it takes, but always with a smile on your face. You need to look ahead a little and make some tactical decisions. It's about who finishes on top at the end. ORRRRRR
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

umm. Sorry about that "ORRRRRR" at the end there. I had Lentils for dinner last night.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure that's fine cuzziebro
 Jump to: