58 coaches online • Server time: 20:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cowhead

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2013 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

---Newsflash---

Night Terrors of Pockara 2 - 0 Liúnár Truth Speakers

We did it!!!

On their first day in Liúnár the Night Terrors have won there first game. Luther Jones led from the front again but it was Hugh Janus who really stood out today.

The Pockarans received first and caged up and were quickly surrounded by the Elves. A bad knock to Sid saw him leave the field a bit dazed and confused. Hugh Janus struck back fast taking Grey Raven out with violent blow. At this point Reginald got a bit over excited and in full view of the Ref laid a boot into Wild Tigers nether regions and was promptly ejected from the field.

The half continued with the two Elven Blitzer's consistently harassing Luther, as the Terrors advanced slowly downfield. About midway through the half Luther found some space and broke through alone deep into the Elven half. The Elves tried to send players after him but they were held of by the steadfast Dr. Goodbody and team. Those that did get through were dealt with by Luther himself as one ended up dazed on the floor and the other had to be stretchered off to receive treatment from the Truth Speakers Apothecary. This left Luther free to walk the ball in for the first Touchdown of the game.

Many thought that the Terrors had left the Elves too much time to bring the game level at half time. But the Elven Blitzer Wild Tiger bit of more than he could chew when he came up against Llyod Winterbottom and ended up flat on his back. This gave the opportunity to the Terrors to mark up all the Elven players with Hugh Janus breaking the neck of Elf and Dr. Goodbody taking the Elven ball carrier in his deadly embrace. The Elves tried to dislodge Dr. Goodbody but were to disgusted to even try to hit him. The half ended with many Elves on the ground and the ball surrounded by the Terrors.

The second half began with the Elves breaking down the left hand side with the ball near to their own endzone. The Terrors hit hard then Llyod struck down another Elf who had to be stretchered off and Dr. Goodbody sent an opponent off to get treatment in the KO box. The Elves tried to switch the play to the right but a fumble by Fleeting Doe saw things go from bad to worse for the Truth Speakers.

The Terrors took the opportunity to put many of the remaining Elves on the ground and Samuel Bonnie showed some skill when he took out an Elf Blitzer with an elbow to the face. The Elves were getting desperate now as Fleeting Doe tried to recover the ball but only ended up knocking the ball free for Luther to collect in space. The Elves spent most of the rest of the half cowering on the floor after the punishment they were receiving form the Terrors. Luther gave the ball to Hugh to run in a Touchdown which had the fans on their feet in celebration.

The end of the game saw the Elves retreat back into their own half trying to save as many players as they could from the bloodthirsty Terrors.

Councilman Frederick Rotbottom had this to say
"Today was a great day for Pockara. We've shown we can play ball and have seen some improvements in our players.
We look forward to our stay in Liúnár and have many meetings with officials today. We hope to bring some good news back about the curse but we are still waiting to hear back from the Liúnár High Lords."

---Newsflash---

Night Terrors of Pockara 1 - 0 Liúnár Immortals

Night Terrors day of Victory in Liúnár

The Night Terrors came to Liúnár and showed those Elves how to play. For the second time today our boys showed a good performance.

The first half started with the Terrors kicking and Immortals receiving. The ball landed deep in the Elves half, where they calmly collected the ball and retreated to cover the ball. The Terrors advanced slowly into the Elven half pushing the Elves back into their right hand corner. The Lion of Liúnár managed to break through a gap but was dealt with by Captain Luther. Desperate the Elves engaged the Terrors but were overpowered.

The Immortals managed to get a couple of players free on the right hand side of the pitch but Luther was there to pop the ball free sending it flying into the crowd. The Terrors quickly blocked all routes to the ball as the Elves tried desperately to retrieve the ball. The end of the half ended badly for the Immortals as they suffered a couple of KOs and Lion of Liúnár had to be patched up by the Immortals Apothecary after tripping over himself. The Terrors almost scored in the dying seconds as Luther Jones picked up the ball sending a pass Rottens way but Rotten couldn't hold onto the ball.

The start of the second half saw a pitch invasion as some masked Elves took to the field dazing a few players. The Elves kick was deep and gave Luther some trouble collecting it. The Immortals broke down both flanks hoping to force Luther into an error. But Luther Jones calmly collected the ball handing it into the waiting arms of Johnny Rotten. The Terrors caged up on the halfway line and Immortals started prodding and pocking at the Terrors cage.

Unfortunately for the Elves the Terrors blocking was in fine form for the second game this day and Elf after Elf left the field. In the end the Immortals were seriously outnumbered and had no way of getting to Johnny who ran in the Touchdown. Hugh Janus proved his bashin power once again as he Smashed the hip of Liúnár's Honor who would never walk the same again. And Dr. Goodbody even managed to take out the Viper of Liúnár with a vicious blow near the end.

Councilman Frederick Rotbottom had this to say
"What a glorious day to be Pockaran.
That was a great display from the Night Terrors, it was a real team effort. And this is only the beginning, expect to see great things from us in the future.
Now that the games are out of the way it gives us plenty of time to do what we really came here for. Which is to seek a cure for the Curse put upon our City in the Great Libraries of Liúnár. The High Lords of Liúnár will surely have taken notice of us and we expect to speak to a representative very soon."

Last edited by cowhead on %b %03, %2013 - %06:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2013 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

"A glorious match! Six touchdowns, and blood coats the field!" Cap'n Drovo Sandflea is clearly overjoyed.

"Er, Cap'n, a lot of that blood was ours," says Rollo Foghorn. "And almost none of the touchdowns were..."

"Aye?"

"We were terrible."

"The fans left happy, no? What d'ye think this game is about?"

"Scoring more touchdowns than the other team... and in case you did not notice, they had five of them. FIVE."

"Aye... they be sneaky little rat-men. What d'ye expect? And no, this game be about money. Making money, stealing money, bringing fans to the stadium so they'll be paying us money. And we made money tonight, and we'll be making more money because the fans want to see us again."

"They want to see us lose."

"Weeeelllll, Rollo me lad, I think they'd be just as happy if we won. And what do it matter?"

"I... just think we're not playing hard enough to win. Some of us. And look at what happened to Sallie. Her jaw's all busted!"

"Sallie? Who cares about Sallie? The fans hate Sallie."

Rollo looks upset. "That's as may be, but we go out there, and..."

"Wait. Ye're not sweet on her, are ye, Rollo?"

"Ugh, no. It's just... look at Ned. Look at Timmie."

"Ah, Timmie... so great then, so flat now."

"He wasn't great."

"Ye're right. He was terrible. Why did he even play Blood Bowl?"

"I know ye're the captain, and I'm not tryin' to steal your authority, but can we PLEASE practice a little harder before the next game?"

"Ah, sure, sure. Take all the fun out of it. Ye can practice."

"With a ball this time?"

Sandflea rolls his eyes. "With a ball. But it's comin' out of your paycheck!"

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2013 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

"Wow, those pox are something, Emu!"
"Indeed they are, tiger. Everything is going to plan. Notice the only injury to our team today was that high elf attempting to infiltrate our organization. I have brought in a friend to assist our efforts. Soon I will make contact with another friend. The Highborn will be brought low. I promise you tiger, we will have the truth and we will have our revenge. "

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2013 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

"Eyer's Onyx Guard has begun its march. All states of Orymm shall be brought under our banner in expectation of our Emperor's glorious resurrection. Karahn-Carach shall be the first to taste our strength and submit to Eyer's rule. Any team wishing to have the honour of surrender is welcome to submit, or you may choose to be crushed as a simple obstacle in our path to Eyer's resurrection." - Thutothmes, Herald and Vizer of Eyer, the one true immortal Emperor

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2013 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

"It's impossible!", says Stisar to Captain Jaganzo, "it's the second trip around the whole island and we hadn't found a single shore were to dock the ship."
"Yeah, I hate it", Jaganzo replies, "It would really be a shame if we had to comeback home failing our really first journey."
"Look there, right there at the bow", Achemin screams from the mainmast top, "there's a cavern large enough for the Ryder's Surfer!"
"Have you heard helmsman? Head there!", Jaganzo commands...

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

To U'bognthaotur, Lord-Commander of Graveshade, Graveshade:

Commander,

we were able to arrange a match against the Ryder's Cove Half-Masters, a team made up of men as small as children. They refer to themselves as "halflings" and don't seem too scary on their own. Alas, they brought two tree-like creatures with them, stronger than our mummies and nigh impossible to move.

The small men were hard to grab, they slipped through everywhere, stole the ball and managed to score twice with an impressive passing play, even though we were able to remove them from the pitch fairly easy. Another touchdown was scored in a really awkward manner: A tree-man threw the small man carrying the ball over our players' heads towards our endzone, he landed rather gracefully and ran it in.

Their tactics were quite dubious and I still wonder how they can be legal (as well as bringing those tree-things onto the pitch). Especially since an attack against a player on the ground by Abacus was sanctioned with a send-off. I judge the referees here even less trustworthy than in general.

Our players did perform satisfying, even though we did lose. The wights' ball handling improved further and all players seem to be capable of hitting hard, as they should. However, some of the skeletons get fragile already, I consider replacing them once we are able to get new supplies. The inhabitants of Ryder's Cove either burn or drown their bodies, hence there's nothing to get here, unless we raise them directly on the pitch, like we did with the rat-man (who did neither prove himself superior nor inferior to our skeleton players yet).

Inquiries haven't gotten any further. I'm quite certain I won't be able to find any of the knowledge you seek in here.

We should be able to play another match against the master's team before we continue traveling and leave this rather uninteresting place.

~ Black Wolf, Ryder's Cove

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mada see ship!
We follow ship!
We must Feed!
Mada must Feed!
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"And I ducked under the mummy" -- Rollo Foghorn pantomimes -- "around the wight, went up, wsssssh" -- he throws an imaginary ball -- "One-Eye looks up, chup!, here we go! That's what I'm talking about! Practice -- WITH balls!"

"Aye, Rollo, we know. We was there." Cap'n Sandflea is not as excited as his teammates.

"We beat those dead men! Sent 'em back to Graveshade looking stupid!"

"And with what to show for it? 30,000 coins? Hmmmmph."

"Well, this is what I've been saying! We don't have to be jokers... we can win games by, you know, winning games! We didn't need to steal here, we didn't need to drug their food..."

"...not that they ate the food!"

"Well... we didn't need to bribe the ref!"

"We DID steal an' bribe the ref, though. After the ref bribes was cancelled out, we scarce turned a profit. And a mummy broke the ref's neck, so now next time, guess what? Aye, we have to bribe a NEW ref."

"Arrrr, cap'n. I just be sayin'..."

"We beat a pile of stinkin' dead bones, Rollo. There be no money in fighting the dead. The dead don't sell tickets. Nobody wants to see them play. They be slow, they be clumsy, and they be mostly mindless, so who cares about 'em. They be like... tacklin' dummies what kill ye."

"I get what ye're sayin', cap'n, but this is a step forrard, no? We win this, we brawl with the vampires next... the dead beat 'em, so we have a real shot, a real shot."

One-Eye Brandywine interjects, "And then mayhap we get off the sea and do this all the time, eh?"

"Stow it, Brandywine! Ye see what ye be doin', Rollo? We start talkin' about th' Bloody Bowl as if th' Bloody Bowl were our lives, some damn fools start tryin' to make it our lives. Humph. Speakin' of which -- Bobbo, have ye asked the vampires for a game?"

Fat Bobbo looks up from his post-game dinner. "I keep goin' to da town square, cryin' out for 'em to show 'emselfs, but dey keep hidin' out."

"Well, are ye goin' at night?"

"Wot? Should I be? ...oh. Right right, boss!"
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A LITTLE LIGHT READING

While the rest of the team is preparing for the evening's match against the Graveshade Grandmasters, Veronica Seaturtle is in the corner, poring frantically through a dusty old hand-written book. "So, says here... daylight, of course. The match is at night. Garlic -- that might work. Silver... too expensive. Stakes. We could make stakes?"

"They'd throw us out," says Jimbo Shortbarrow. "Don't worry. We'll be fine."

"There has to be something. Fire. Running water... well, we can't divert the Haffam River through the stadium, can we? ...wait, can we?"

"No. And stop worrying, Vero. Eat some garlic if you want... they don't like garlic."

"But the game is TONIGHT! Hm... says here they can't enter your house unless you invite them. You think that applies to stadiums?"

Well, we already invited them, so I'd say no? Maybe? Doesn't matter? Even if it did, that would just keep the match from happening. And the match is going to happen."

"Eeeep! I... just don't like the thought of them drinking my blood! I hate blood! Especially my own!"

"You do realize you're on... a Blood Bowl team, Vero?"

"Shut up! This is serious!"

"And before that, you were a pirate?"

"I hate you! You're the worst! ...can you protect me?"

"Sure. Stay close to me."

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Calthor

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The Shadowspires

High up in the mountains, where snow and frost rule, there is an abandoned city. What inhabitants lived here? Who built this place? These facts have long since passed from the collective memory of Orymm - this place is left alone almost completely at all times. Even animal life leaves the place alone. Not just because of the bitter cold, but just as much because the shadows seem to lead a life of their own here.

Nobody should stick around too long in a place like this, and if they do, they should stay close to other life - or they might find themselves unable to leave the shadow.

Special Condition

And There Will Be Shadows...:

The Shadowspires have a strange effect on some people visiting the location. Any player who skills up in this location, and who has not rolled a stat increase, MUST take the skill Shadowing if he is able to take this skill. This reflects the way the Shadowspires have left their mark on the player.

Tournament Location

The Shadowspires will host the first official NOF tournament: the Tournament of Shadows. One victory point will be awarded to every match winner, with an extra victory point to be awarded to the tournament victor.
The tournament starts in Round 6, provided enough teams commit to the tournament by signing up for the tournament in Ryder's Cove in Round 5. The minimum will be 4. Other numbers possible will be 8 or 16. Possibly 6 or 12 will also be accepted - the NOF will decide when the time comes who is accepted and who is not.
Any player losing a match during the tournament, will automatically end up in Ryder's Cove the round after it.

Tournament will be played under King of the Hill rules: it is impossible to see who your next opponent will be in this realm of shadows.

Special award for winning the whole tournament: Shadow Amulet.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

From the Blackspire...

"I thought you said they was going to 'elp us, Guttja! Not slaughter us!" Vorag moaned as his broken leg was strapped up. "Poor Vrork..."

"Don't mourn for Vrork. He sacrificed himself to cement our blood alliance with our Borosian guests. You all saw how strong they are, and what valuable allies they will be. They feel for our cause, they care about restoring the harmony of Karahn-Carach."

The rest of the orcs accepted this uncomfortable truth in grudging silence.

"So what's next, boss?" Krigor asked.

"We'll leave the Blackspire to travel to Borosia, to visit their leader. Don't forget, her nephew also died for this alliance. We must speak with her. But first, we need to find a new recruit to replace Vrork. This is but the start of our journey, and we might not return for some time..."

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

"What?! Where are our supporters?" Bothia Xanic is angry.

"We stowed 'em up in the north stand." Cap'n Sandflea gestures all the way across the field, where a cadre of pale, shaky-looking humans have set up a "GRAVESHADE GRANDMASTERS FAN CLUB" banner.

"But we need them behind our dugout! So we can... draw inspiration!"

"Yarrrr, well, I be sorry, but we seated the treemen behind ye. Thought that, bein' vampires, ye might want the shade."

"The game's at night!"

"Aye, seems like a good point. But ye know treemen... once they be rooted to a spot, it be hard to move 'em."

"Are there no... humans near our dugout?"

"Hm... well, aye, there be one group. Ye see over there? Patients from the Ryder's Cove Leper Colony!"

"You seated us next to... lepers? Wait -- you allow lepers into your stadium?"

"Lepers have money, no?"

"That's scarcely the point! What are we to eat?"

"Oh, I didn't know ye hadn't eaten! Well, we've cooked up a spicy vegetable stew... let me know if any of yer team wants some!"

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2013 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Mada say swim from Saarth
We must feed!
Mada say explore!
We go find food!
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2013 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

"Cap'n? D'ye hear wot they be sayin' at th' pub?"

"Eh, Ned?"

"Th' merch'nts 're on an ISLAND, fightin' the *hic* FROOOOGS."

"Hah! The frogs!"

"They say 't's true at th' pub..."

"Aye, they be drunker than ye are. Ye know the merchants ain't playin' Blood Bowl now! They be most likely hidin' out in the Guild Hall, sendin' out stories about -- heh heh -- giant frogs, drinkin' up a storm. And then they come back next week, playin' the role of the Great Blood Bowl Explorers... what a damned joke."

OenarLod

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2013 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"Talking frogs? TALKING FROGS? You were drunk again, isn't it?", Lhegten yell while grabbing Tholdten's collar.
"Yeah, they said that...", Tholdten try to defend himself.
"They were jumping around us ready to bite us with their long teeth. We were lucky enough to barely escape from that pit!", Lhegten keep yelling, "The Guildmasters will not be happy that we didn't found anything useful here.".
"Well, I'm not really sure...", says Achemin getting back on the ship, "I found some tracks around, humanoid tracks, not frog ones, but no sign of life.".
"It doesn't matter now, we will sail back home.", Jaganzo tries to settle the dispute. And turning his gaze around looking for the Ogre, "And you, Kuska, never do it again if you want to hang with the team.Philden missing a game is not a good reason to go bone-head half of the game!".
"DOOOH?", Kuska.

Jump to: