22 coaches online • Server time: 09:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Box intervals should be hourly in offpeak?
Yes
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
No
72%
 72%  [ 60 ]
Don't care
21%
 21%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 83

koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
This does make me wonder - why is it the matchmaker only available for 5 minutes at a time to activate? Does Christer need to feed its furnace more coal during that 10 minute period?

I assume that it is to reduce the chances that people would activate but then forget about it or be called away.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
This does make me wonder - why is it the matchmaker only available for 5 minutes at a time to activate? Does Christer need to feed its furnace more coal during that 10 minute period?

I assume that it is to reduce the chances that people would activate but then forget about it or be called away.

That was my interpretation as well, and if it isn't it's a good reason to keep it. Even with 5 minutes the staff have to cancel a fair few games.

Also bear in mind it's a 3 strike policy. If you fail to turn up to 3 matches, you'll most likely find your account locked. Or if you activate for box and then go looking for a game elsewhere, there's a good chance you'll be locked up.

The site frowns sternly on those that do not meet their gaming commitments.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
I mean, this runs completely counter to something I feel would benefit me and players in my position - loosening the scheduler up when the amount of matches per hour falls below a certain threshold. I'd much prefer that the two or 3 people activating multiple times in a row get matched after 45 minutes if its the same 2 or 3 people doing so.

Yes, remove this restriction. If people want to show up at 0400 to try and get their arranged game in they won't be able to anyway, because mrt1212 and I will be there (and smallman apparently) to rape them anyway Smile

Also, was this match arranging ever an actual issue? Or was this just being overly proactive against a threat which doesn't actually exist?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 02:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There has been arranged games played. One definite example I can speak of was The Great Cheating ring. Their behaviour carried over into B.

On Topic: Seems like madness to me, less activations surely means less incentive to try and less games.

On secondary ironic topic: Raised a smile from me. Chicken returning to roost maybe?

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss the Great Cheating Ring. Exciting times, when real Gods and Heroes walked the earth.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
There has been arranged games played. One definite example I can speak of was The Great Cheating ring. Their behaviour carried over into B.

On Topic: Seems like madness to me, less activations surely means less incentive to try and less games.

On secondary ironic topic: Raised a smile from me. Chicken returning to roost maybe?

Chicken alienates rest of coop, more at 11!
CW

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone will have to explain to me how fewer activation opportunities will result in more games. I must be missing something.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of activating less often, why don't we just get more coaches to activate? Also, smallman's bl9g is pretty funny definitely worth a read.

Oscar Wilde
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Frankenstein wrote:
I don't know. I find this smallman-bashing a bit tiresome to be honest (no matter how "subtle"). Confused

The rules are flawed - not him.

That's totally wrong. Just because there is a loophole or something that can be taken advantage of, it is irresponsible to claim he is not accountable for the way he abuses it.

What about MPs claiming expenses for duck houses and mansions with £6000 electricity bills? Oh, the rules are flawed, the piss-take claims are just dandy.

What about uber wealthy individuals using off shore accounts to pay 1% tax whilst the working class pay closer to 50% all things added in. Oh, the rules are flawed, the tax dodgers are alright eh?

No, players are responsible for their own conduct on this site. If they abuse the ruleset because they can, they make the site worse, they ruin the experience of others - often new players, which is hardly a great first impression - and deserve all the criticism coming their way.

Just because something is legal does not make it right.

Efn A right!

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

You don't understand. Less activations == more people in an activation == less chance of a certain lots-of-pact-lino-killstack-team being drawn against a high TV team.

Why can't everyone agree with this noble goal? Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, to be fair, more people per activation would increase the appeal to a coach like me who is so annoyed at never getting matched up that I just play in other divisions.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe you bitter pixel huggers with your lack of logic is most amusing. Don't ever play hanabi.

This offpeak window only suits me when I am not at work, but I have no interest in activating every 15 mins when it is so unlikely to trigger.

If it was on the hour I would, and I bet I am not alone. It would also encourage fast play to be ready for the next hour. I would expect every hour to trigger instead of 2 times, and would mean way more games.

Also since the new box change I activate at least 3 teams, and my pact runs a reroll and 2 big guys.

I play vs the kill stack all the time. You guys that can't handle it should play league only.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
Hehe you bitter pixel huggers with your lack of logic is most amusing. Don't ever play hanabi.

This offpeak window only suits me when I am not at work, but I have no interest in activating every 15 mins when it is so unlikely to trigger.

If it was on the hour I would, and I bet I am not alone. It would also encourage fast play to be ready for the next hour. I would expect every hour to trigger instead of 2 times, and would mean way more games.

Also since the new box change I activate at least 3 teams, and my pact runs a reroll and 2 big guys.

I play vs the kill stack all the time. You guys that can't handle it should play league only.

I just read this entire post in the voice of bane and it worked out nicely
Foad

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Epic...

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

i would suggest every half hour. it is very quiet in this period, with no bbox games being scheduled for 2+ hours at a time regularly. 1 hour seems a bit excessive though
 Jump to: