64 coaches online • Server time: 19:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smegish

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there sports fans. That's right I'm Back! JaHosh Gawwad here to give you JaHosh's Surefire Betting Tips for season 11. While Betting Fool takes care of the Regional leagues, showin you the up-and-comers, I'll be giving you the tips for the place the REAL competition starts. Should be a hell of a season and with both new blood fresh from the regionals and older, veteran teams coming down from Premier, this will be a very interesting season for the betting inclined.

Firstly I shall give you the Corporate Fraudsters Conference (CFC)

Angry Asgardians vs Karak-Varn FC
This game sees Karak-Varn FC, one of the new teams fresh from regionals up against the Angry Asgradians, one of the veteran sides. The dwarves from Karak-Varn had a very strong opening season in regionals, losing only a single match. However they will need to show some incredible skills to overcome this norse side, who have a habit of destroying teams. While the dwarves have a strong running game they will find it very hard against the sheer verocity and experience of the Asgardians. The norsemen should have this game pretty well in hand, and win comfortably. Asgardians by 2.

Beasts of Bowl vs Good Old Days Return
This game sees and one of the old powerhouse teams against a team with a good chance to make it to Premier for the first time. The Beasts of Bowl are a strong, physical team (as chaos teams invariably are) and while they come into this game missing one of their younger players and a question mark over one of the others, their lack of depth could be a problem if the GODR can cause a few early casualties. The extra speed in the humans catchers could also be a telling factor, and any mistakes the Beasts make could be very costly. This game is gonna be a tight one, but I beleive the Beasts can overcome the humans with a mix of strength and bloodlust. Beasts of Bowl by 1.

Wicker Men vs Slumbering Skink
Well, this game is definately gonna be one to watch folks, it pits two great teams against one another. The Wicker Men have been one of the real bruising teams in the league for some time, pounding anyone who gets within reach. The Slumbering Skinks was once a powerhouse, but injuries and the salary cap have cost them many a star player, including the greatest skink to grace a bloodbowl field here in the Southern Wastes, Thshltraeeay.But hopefully they can rise from the ashes and become powerful once again. Their blend of strength and speed can still be a great combination, but early casualties will see them fall apart. Wicker Men by 1.

Da Greenskin Raiders vs Minor Deities
Another of the new teams playin against one of the experienced squads. Da Raiders are going to struggle to contain the incredible speed and agility in this Deities team. Taking out a few players early on will be the only way the Greenskins could walk away with a win this week, and I dont see them taking down many of these elves, nevermind hurtin' the pointy eared gits. Deities by at least 2.

And Now for the Mammalians Conference.

Blackmountain United vs Gumbeast United
This poor dwarf team, fresh from their opening season in the Regional leagues are being thrown up against the Gumbeast. Now I have no love for dwarves or their kind, but I have to feel sorry for the little buggers, for they are going to get massacred. The dwarven coach is prolly cursing whoever made up the draw for this season. The GU will have an easy game here, and will probably just be looking to minimise the damage those dwarves cause on their way to an easy victory. Gumbeast by at least 2.

33 Chin Chen Street vs Germin Vermin
Oh man, who made this draw? Both teams coming down from Premier face both teams coming up from Regionals, and these poor bastards are gonna get nailed too. The Vermin are gonna run rings around this Norse side, and I expect them to score a small pile of touchdowns on their way to a easy win. The Streetmen really have little hope, unless Nuffle decides to have a hand in this match, and they'llprobably just be looking to avoid any serious casualties. Vermin by 3 or more.

Wicked C Dorfs vs Women Who Wear Little
Finally a game this round that's close to an even matchup, even if it is between Chaos Dwarves and Amazons. The Wimmin will be hoping to keep their distance from the dwarves and single out the Bull centaurs, while the chaos dwarves will probably be after a few early casualties to make it easier to score. The agilty of the wimmin will be reduced by the tackling skills of the dwarves, and that could make it very difficult for them to avoid lasting injuries and with scoring. This game is almost too close to call, but which ever team can remove a few key oposition players will probably be the victors in this one, and casualties is one thing that chaos dwarves are good at making. Wicked C Dorfs by 1.

Falling Apart Together vs Horror's Heroes
The final matchup for the round sees both Necromantic teams face each other. The FAT are more experienced but they have had injury problems in the past, while the Heroes have no niggling injuries to worry about, except the ones they are about to receive. The FAT have a history of causing alot of damage, especially with their werewolves, but last season their star wolf Lupis was killed and they have not yet replaced him, and if the Heroes can remove Wolfen their other wolfie then they will be in real trouble.However I think the experience of the FAT boys will be the crucial deciding factor in this game, and they should overcome their lack of depth to win this one. FAT by 1.

And that's it for the opening round of Season 11. This is JaHosh Gawwad telling you to keep on BRINGING BACK THE BIFF!!!!!
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 10 wrap up from Snorriheim

Kazi here! Filling in as da official roving correspondent at Snorriheim for my old mate Kami who finally lived up to his half of the name midway thru da season. So ere we go - bringin you a wrap on all da ups and downs of the season at Snorriheim...and what a roller coaster season it woz!

The biggest low of the season was of course, the loss of Krasherz captain Kami. Somefin' inevitable had been brooding in da empty noggins of the lads all game as they muddled their way through the worst performance of their career. That lurking inevitability finally eventuated in overtime while Kami was busy tryin to knock some sense back into da lads, he never saw da blow that finished him. Without their fearless captain, will the lads ever be da same? They're are bein' assailed on all sides now and starting to fray around da edges. Specially as the fans have flocked to the Vanguard games and much needed replacements are hard to scrounge for. Dey's a hard bunch of ladz though - and with Kami's voice still probably rattling around their skullz, they're bound to keep at it! Maybe dey'll finally find the much needed oomph for their bashy game now!

The Vanguard also tragically lost their team mascot, The Penguin in what the Vanguard now try not to think too much of as the Great Vermin Debacle. Decimated and completely out of the game by the third turn, there was naught they could do to stay competitive or even temper the ensuing carnage for the remainder of the match. In this midst of this, the soul of their team (The Penguin) was brutally torn apart. The survivors of the debacle wandered aimlessly in despair for many days, snared hopelessly in the clutches of an overwhelming futility that is the oppressive nature of a lost mind. Oddly enough, it was the new kid on the block, the Penguin's replacement that has reforged the team's resolve. Despite being greener than yours truly, he's made a mission of the task of replacing his forebear. Team mascot, motivator and occasional funny man (for what passes as dark elf humour), he got quite irate when dubbed as the 'Little Penguin'. The short of it was that he reckoned that's where it all went wrong for The Penguin - penguins just aren't intimidating, and BB is the sort of game that needs an intimidating mascot! Very hard to disrespect an intimidating mascot! It was such a rousing speech, he got stuck with The Walrus instead, and he's even started trying (mostly in vain) to bulk up and play his part to the full. The Vanguard then went on to finish the season admirably, only falling at the last hurdle as they played off against an understrength Avalanche (woodies) for the premiership flag. Much to learn there still!

Sill on the story of the Great Vermin Debacle and in a deliciously ironic twist of fate, Frost Warden took a peculiar delight in exacting his own brand of vengeance against the German Vermin. Following that fateful match, he plundered his way through the opposing lineups in the Premiership of Season 10 to steal the golden fists from underneath the very whiskers of the vermin's most infamous pair of claws - Claudia Schiffer!

In other news, dis season saw the first beefcake experiment occur in the tunnels beneath Snorriheim bowl as one of our stunty lads successfully converted a +ST! (First in about 180 SWL skill rolls!). Coach Snorri is not too happy bout da situation - reckons it will impinge on Snorriheim's famous reputation as the ag-meisters.

And that's a wrapup of events here at Snorriheim! Going into Season 11, the Vanguard look set to hopefully continue being competitive. They still have good depth (ooc: ironically, with exactly the same TR/TS as they started season 10 with) and still have that insatiable need to take home the premiership flag. Two seasons in the Premiership now and there's still that empty wall in the Long Hall at Snorriheim Bowl! But they also now have a burning desire to do what it takes to stay competitive season in and season out as an elf team in the SWL's best divisions. So many elven teams have come and gone in recent seasons....Maintaining depth will be the key.

Signing out, and hoping I'll be able to bring you some magic kazikam snapshots of this season's premiership as we dive face first into the new season!

Kazi

Vanguard Yearbook (<-- ooc: Cool fumbbl function I hadn't known about!)

Last edited by Snorri on %b %16, %2005 - %21:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Crowes 2 - 1 Pestilant Freaks

Ed Harsh here for Herd and Hoof Magazine

What a gloriously sloppy return to football we had here dear readers! Morale was indeed low coming into this Regional match. More so when we saw the condition of the pitch. They just don't keep the feilds pristine down here in the minor leagues...and a rain storm simply compounded the mess. But hooves are designed for this sort of thing...espiciallly when they don the Silver Slippers! Gone relished his chance to continue his legacy with an end to end running TD to get things started! The rest of the squad was looking morose and couldn't hardly manage a stun against this skaven outfit! looked even bleaker when the rats drew first blood with a foul RIP on Taller (apoth saves!) and also lumped on 2 more BHs. But the rain proved too much for the Gutter runners as they continuly fumbbled chance after chance. Only in the last moments of the first half could they finally pull it together to even the score.

With their one turner lined up against 7 Crowes it looked bleak to start the 2nd half...but a Blitz! had hope soaring! Fumbles and mis hits galore. But Gone was playing like a beast possesed! Whacking on 2 CAS (1BH, 1 SI) and stalking the ball he finally made the gutters pay for their inabiliy to handle the rock. Slipping a neat little pass to GreasyGrassRiver on T15 who then skipped away for the decider!

But for all the mistakes it was indeed Gones day! A TD, 2 CAS, a CP and 33 paces rushing for the Twahnlow star!

Welcome to Season 11 !!!

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Press Release

Former SWL Premier Champs (SWL V) the Blue Mountain Dragons formally announce the pending retirement of the SWL's finest player and supreme league record holder, Blax Landric

Blax has announced that he will be hanging up his boots and his commemorative Duke Snakefield codpiece when he scores 50 Touchdowns and 200 total career Twahnlow Points.

Currently just short of both epic milestones, Blax has announced that former SWL teams are invited to apply to BMD Management to host Blax and the Dragons in a number of testimonial matches to assist Blax reach his goals.

Blax has announced that he will not be taking up a coaching position in the near future and that he will retire to his Baby Seal Farm on the far southern coasts of the Wastes.

Applications will be considered on the basis of history and prestige and rivalry of opponents.

Mr Whippy
SWL Commissioner
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The Chunkomancer mounts the podium. He grunts and groans for a while, before letting loose an almighty shout. He looks up "What? We Necromancers have to get our rocks off too you know." He then stands on top of the podium.

"Now, I've been pretty quiet this season up until - been a bit busy with the TER you see. But now that we've managed not to die this last game, I've a chance to tell you all I told you so. Before the season there were all these predictions of doom and gloom, and all these other coaches whining about being too small for a shot at Conference. We said nothing, but just quietly went on with the job. I tell you, it really is a delight to coach these dead things, they don't give you any lip, and they are quite obedient. And that obedience has been rewarded, for we are now LEADING the Mammalian Conference, undefeated, unsullied. The opposition have been stronger on paper, but their execution and strategy was poor, and despite being dead, we had more heart. Their are still plenty of tests to come this season, but I am already proud of what my minions have achieved. Surely we will become the smallest team to reach Premier since that leagues beginnings, when all teams were of a smaller scale."

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

AND THE WINNER IS.....

Vumpire!

Winners of the Inaugural Golden Lance, Vumpire have successfully navigated to the top of the Squires Joust pile, winning a thriller against the Twahndorians in the Final. Many Congrats to the team and thier Coach Longshanks

Hope to see them in next season's Picnic or Joust

Brad
Fool

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings Sports Fans! And welcome to the 2nd edition of Betting Fool's very own, can't be beat,... Guide for the Wise. That's right the ultimate resource for those of you seeking firm footing on the path to financial fortune. Last week saw my initial modest investment of 1000 brass kazoos multiplying into a nice tidy of sum of 1700 Brass Kazoos!! Before we can get into this week’s money making sureties, let’s look back at last week’s predictions and see exactly how things turned out.

PREDICTION: Subterranean Slavers by AT LEAST 2 - I BET 200 Kazoos
ACTUAL RESULT: Subterranean Slavers 3 – Da Gutz Bruvas 1 - I WIN!

PREDICTION: Celtic Warriors by AT LEAST TWO - I BET 100 Kazoos
ACTUAL RESULT: LACrows forfeit to Celtic Warriors – I WIN!

PREDICTION: Good, Bad, Furry BY ONE - I bet 150 Kazoos
ACTUAL RESULT: Good, Bad, Furry 2 – Autumns Fall 0 – I WIN!

PREDICTION: Black Crowes BY ONE - I bet 100 Kazoos
Actual Result: Black Crowes 2 - Pestilant Freaks 1 – I WIN!

PREDICTION: Brisbane Boncos BY ONE - I bet 150 Kazoos
ACTUAL RESULT: Brisbane Boncos 2 WyvernTail Stingers 1 – I WIN!

PREDICTION SWL LOSERS BY 1 - I BET 100 kazoos
ACTUAL RESULT - SWL Losers 2 - Fast Fossils 2 – I LOSE!

Well despite those awful SWL Losers letting me down BIG TIME (although seeing Sandune make the Hall of Fame was enjoyable), any fool can plainly see the integrity and rigid scientific methods applied to my fool-proof plan for getting rich. In fact, I’m sitting right here in Lost Wages enjoying my winnings and making plans to double my fortune by this time next week. What are you waiting for, it’s not too late to join in the moolah making party! Get yourself to your bookie and make the following bets for this week’s games!

Here are my bets for Round Two in Commissioner Twahn Memorial Regional League XI :

Da Gutz Bruva’s at Autumns Fall:
This match is a tough one to call as both sides have the means at hand to clinch victory. Which will prevail? The Ogre’s supreme power combined with the fragile bone structure of the elves be too much to overcome? Or will the woodsies be able to dodge around safely and play their skill game? A lot depends on Nuffle’s whims on game day. I’m going to put a modest amount on the Bigguns and trust in their bone-bruising ability to make me some dough. Da Gutz Bruvs’s BY ONE – I bet 100 Kazoos

Celtic Warriors at Black Crowes:
The Warriors will have fresh legs for this one, having had their opponent forfeit their match last week. But are they also bringing green horns to the match? They will find their opponent significantly tougher this week, a well coached Oz Jesting team by the name of Black Crowes. The chaos have added some players and look to be finding their stride. Black Crowes BY ONE – I bet 150 Kazoos

Subterranean Slavers at Fast Fossils:
The Lizards were extremely well managed in their first match and squeaked out a hard fought draw. This week they will be seeking to duplicate the miracle. They face a much harder match this week, seeing more players, and less fortunately, more players with tackle. If the Slavers play smart, I can’t see them losing this one. Subterranean Slavers BY ONE – I bet 200 Kazoos

Brisbane Boncos at LACrows:
The real question I have for this match is if the LACrows will even show up?! They chickened out of last week’s match, and this week’s match looks much harder. The Boncos are a vicious team hell-bent on destruction, and will eat the Rotters for lunch. All the LACrows can hope to do is give them a bit of indigestion. Brisbane Boncos BY TWO – I bet 200 Kazoos

SWL Losers at Good, Bad, Furry:
The Losers will see to redeem themselves for their last game and get into a winning stride. To do so they will have to best the rats, who will be a touch match for the elves. It’ll be speed against agility in this toss-up of a game. The Losers fielding just nine players against the Skaven’s full eleven. Still the Losers need this win, and their coach should be able to get them one. SWL Losers BY ONE – I bet 300 Kazoos

SO, What are you WAITING FOR!?!?! Get yourself to the city of Lost Wages and make some MONEY!
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Brass Kazoo's!? Everybody down here in the southern wastes knows that da only useful swag of loot is a bag of Brass Razoos!

Kazi
Fool

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

As any punter worth his salt will tell ya, there's 3.5 Razoos to the Zazoo, and 4.75 Zazoos to the Kazoo.

Betting Fool
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Aieee...probably more like 500 Razoos to the Zazoo. Maybe more.

But then the only thing we Southern Wasters trade in is brass razoos, of which we never seem to have any anyway. But thats all ok, because your mates will shout you a beer or three. Not sure where they get their magic razoos from though, since they're usually in the same predicament - but it all seems to work out ok so it innit worth headbangin' over.

Kami
Symmetrical

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Grüße sports fan! Klaus Von Crap here, back to give you the low down on Season 11's high flyers, the German Vermin!

Germany's early form has looked good this season, and this round sees them match up against the cowardly pile of bones known as Gumbeast United. GU's manager gumbi, generally not know for his intestinal fortitude, is said to be hiding under a floral blanket in the corner of his pink coloured room, shivering in terror at the prospect of another humiliating defeat to the Vermin. In contrast, when asked about his team's prospects, GV star Apolf Hitler sounded positive in this exclusive interview:

Klaus Von Crap: Thanks for this time Hitler. We appreciate you're a busy monster.
Adolf Hitler: Not at all Klaus.
KVC: Adolf, how are the team feeling leading up to the big game against GU?
AH: We feel great Klaus! The only worry we have is the weak snivling Khemri won't show up, but instead will stay home to count their gold, or spin clay toys or some such garbage! We don't see GU as an obstacle, but as an opportunity to relax after the challenges the opening rounds have posed. They are well served by gumbi. Some see him as a coward, and while they're probably right... I forget where I was going with that.
KVC: No, I think you made your point rather well actually.
AH: It's not a good idea to argue with me Klaus.
KVC: Umnn I wasn't...
AH: THere you go again! Clink! Prepare the showers!!
KVC: Klaus Von Crap signing off and running away, and remember people, if it's not an efficient Khemri killing machine, it's not German!
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Good evening ladies, gentlemen, and otherworldly beings. Its Richie here, and as we near the half way point of Season 11 in the Mammalians Conference, I'm here to give you a look at what I think will transpire in the remainder of the season.

First, a look at the ladder. We have two undefeated teams in this conference, the favoured German Vermin, and the surprising Horrors Heroes. In the next rank we have Gumbeast United and Wicked C Dorfs, followed by Black Mountain United and Women Who Wear Little. Bringing up the rear are 33 Chin Chen Street and Falling Apart Together.

The Vermin have performed as expected this season, with a pair of easy wins in the first two games followed by a win in a danger game against Black Mountain United. Grade so far: A

Horrors Heroes have been the surprise packet of season 11 thus far, scoring 3 wins against more highly fancied opponents. Grade: a+

Gumbeast United would have to be disappointed with their run so far. Having opened up against all 3 promotees, their season is only going to get harder the rest of the way. Grade: D

Wicked C Dorfs find themselves in a similar position, having played two of the promotees and a the tailor made matchup of the Women, they really would have thought they'd be on the full 15 points at this stage. Grade: C-

Blackmountain United have started with a very tough run, and though they've come through largely unscathed, they missed a golden opportunity against the Vermin Grade: C

Women Who Wear Little suffered a vicious start, playing the bad matchup Wicked C Dorfs followed by the Vermin. This has seen their team end up in a poorly state, but they rebounded nicely against Falling Apart Together. Grade: C

33 Chin Chen Street came into Season 11 a massive underdog, with bookies taking bets on their survival rather than their chances of even being relegated. With a horror early run of the Vermin, C Dorfs and Gumbeast this has proven to be a canny decision by the bookies. Grade: C

Falling Apart Together have probably been the biggest disappointment of the season. Following the death of Lupis, they have opened up Season 11 playing scatterbrained Bowl, and have failed to take advantage of a fairly weak early schedule. Grade: F

So now you how each team has performed thus far, its time to take a look at the remainder of the season. Who will make ot through to Premier next season?

The Vermin have a potentially difficult next few games. Playing the powerful Gumbeast United next game, if the fragile Vermin take too much damage in this game, the Heroes and C Dorfs will be licking their lips in anticipation of preying on the weakened rodents. Still, the Vermin have been in great form thus far, and have to be the favourites to win the conference. They finish their season with a fairly soft game against Falling Apart Together, which should see them in a strong position to contest Premier next season, particularly if they can mutate a one turn scorer to add to their formidable carnage game.

Horrors Heroes have a light run home. The matchup with the Women could turn into a rout very swiftly if the Women lose players to injury or offpitch shenanigans. This would propel them into a matchup with the potentially weakened Vermin. The toughest game for the Heroes looks to be against the Dwarfs of Blackmountain, who seem tailor made to exploit the vulnerabilites in the Necromantic lineup. They do finish with a very nice matchup against 33 Chin Chen Street however, who by then may barely resemble a Blood Bowl team. Given that the Heroes have wins on the board and hold the tiebreaker over both of their rivals for 2nd spot, I'm picking them to advance should they win two more games and be the underodg in Premier next season.

Gumbeast United disappointing start has left them in the uncomfortable position of needing to beat the Vermin to give them a good chance of advancing to Premier next season. Should thety manage it, they would hold the tiebreaker over the Vermin, but would need to maintain that momentum for the remainder of the season. This pundit believes Gumbeast will lose to the Vermin but win their remaining games, thus being ruled out of promotion by their loss to the Heroes.

Wicked C Dorfs must get a good win up over the hapless Falling Apart Together. Taken apart by the Heroes last game, should the Dorfs suffer further casualties, they may become easy fodder for their cousins from Blackmountain. The Dorfs finish their season with a match against Gumbeast United, which will really put them on a tough run to start the following season. I predict the C Dorfs to fall down to 5th spot by seasons end.

Blackmountain United look set for an easy win over the beleaguered 33 Chin Chen Street. This sets them up to make a run through the potentially weakened Wicked C Dorfs and Horrors Heroes, before chopping up the Women Who Wear Little. This run makes me label the Blackmountain as the dark horse for promotion in Season 11.

Women Who Wear Little's depth has been smashed thus far in this season, and with games against the Heroes and Gumbeast before a final round nemesis thrashing, this humble correspondent predicts the Women will retire at seasons end.

33 Chin Chen Street may well join them, though they may well conveniently end up in a position to contest the Regional leagues next season. Either way, there is little chance of them remaining in conference play next season.

Falling Apart Together must take advantage of the Wicked C Dorfs weakened state for a win next game in order to avoid relegation. With the Women holding the tiebreaker on them, they must win at least two more to avoid the Regional league next season, and considering they finish against Gumbeast and the Vermin, this will be their best chance to win one in addition to the wooden spoon battle against Chin Chen.

So, my prediction for the final conference ladder is:

German Vermin 31 pts
Horrors Heroes 27 pts
Gumbeast United 27 pts (lose on a countback to the Heroes)
Blackmountain United 23 points
Wicked C Dorfs 23 points (lose on countback to Blackmountain)
Women Who Wear Little 11 points
Falling Apart Together 11 points (lose on countback to Women)
33 Chin Chen Street 7 points

This is Richie, signing off.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Coming up on Channel BB! this week we have a fringe special..
from out of the wastelands, inhabited by the hasbeens, the wannabes and the just plain homicidal comes the Clash of the TITAN's at the ThunderDome as two of the , physically at least, biggest teams will meet on the small green field of glory.

Da Big Ladz V's Watering Holes

These two all ogre teams are set to go at it in struggle of epic proportions as they chase a whole squealing pig around the field in the pursuit of Blood Bowl Gory!

Da Big Ladz have a record of 22games (3/5/14) scoring (16 - 33) and in Casualties a differnce of 43 (26/26/5 - 6/4/4) in their favour.
The heavy drinkers of those northern southern drinking holes on the other hand have a record of Games Played: 26 (6/4/16) a TD Diff: (13 - 40) and a Cas Diff: 56 (46/19/15 - 16/4/4) .

Da Big ladz have been the more efficent scorers .73 compared to .5 but have been slightly less brutal with the Watering Hole oafs inflicting casualties at the rate of 3.08 a game compared to the Ladz 2.6. In casualties taken Da Ladz have shown them selves to be more resilient so far averaging a miserly .64 per game suffered to the Holes .92.

This should be an awesome clash for fans of big lumbering smack fest every where!!!! DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there mates, Bazza here reporting from the town of Bugrup, where the Platinum Leeg XI is being held, and I'm here to tell ya 'bout the teams competin' and their chances of walkin away wif da trophy. HTere's sum great teams out dere, and I'm in 'ere to tell ya bout em, so let's get started.

Meanie Greenies
These gobbos, relative newcomers to the Platinum Leeg, showed so real guts (literally in a few cases) with a draw against the Friggin Striggins. I see some real talent in them theivin buggers, let's just hope they live long enough to show it to us. They could be a real contender, but not this season.
Rating: 6/10

Hamnurglers
Just what this leeg needed, another nurgling team. Well like all Nurgling teams these boys can cause a lot of casualties, not that I'm sayin that's a bad thing, it brings in the crowds after all. A team new to the Platinum Leeg, they had to prove themselves in the lower divisions before takin part in this glorius competition, these boys could also be a champion of the future, but they need a season or two to evolve a little further. Rating: 6/10

Love Bites
The last of the teams new to the leeg, they had an incredible first game, making the gobbos of Oh Bugger throw in the towel after the first half, of all the new teams these guys would be the only ones with a shot at the title this season. Their only real shortfall is their tendency to get hurt at a drop of a hat, and player turnover for this Strigoyan team is horrendous. But this team has a real title shot nevertheless.
Rating: 8/10

Play Nice Now
This cheater team tries hard - they really do, but they just cant seem to get their side to stay on the field for the whole game. They musn't be paying the ref enough. Their reliance upon weaponry that often gets taken off them early in the match has limited their effectiveness, but this team can still hold a few suprises for any unwary opponents.
Rating: 6/10

Rarrgh Aarrgh
The other nurgling team in this division, and these blokes are more violent then the Hamnurglers. Their lack of a effective running game is a big limitation, and is the greatest impediment preventing this team from making a serious challenge in the Leeg. However their ability to cause casualties is not in doubt, and perhaps they shall win by killing off all the other teams. Rating: 7/10

Tinkerers
One of the bigger stunty teams in the Southern Wastes, and while they may not have the best record in the leeg they are still a threat to be dealt with for any team hoping to win this season. Their lack of speed is their biggest weakness, as it is with all gnome teams, but speed doesn't matter if you can put a bomb in the right spot. Their unwillingness to die is also a boon for these stunty blokes, and that alone could see them at the top, standing over the bodies of their opponents. Rating: 8/10

Friggin Striggins
The Biggest Stunty team in all the Southern Wastes, they are defintely expected to do well this season. this team have only been beaten 5 times in the history of the team. The players in this team are used by stunty parents all of the Wastes to scare their children into obedience, and oh boy does it work. These strigs butchered their way to the top of the Lil Leeg some time ago, but they may be about to be overcome by the goblins of Oh Bugger! the only team to defeat them in their last 13 games. Still, this team is the team to beat if you want to claim dominance over the Platinum Leeg.
Rating: 9/10

Oh Bugger!
Well, what can I tell you about these goblins that you haven't already seen? They explode into the spotlight last season, going undefeated AND defeating the seemingly untouchable Friggin Striggins 5-0! Some of the goblins on this team are the size of orcs, and they really know how to throw their opponents around. They overcame their opening loss to Love Bites to overcome Play Nice Now by a very healthy margin. Their strength is gonna be hard for most teams to deal with, and they would definately be favourites to win the Platinum Leeg again this season, the only team I see stopping them are the Striggins.
Rating: 10/10
Snorri

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Mid Season Burble from the tabloids in Snorriheim!

Burble is a good word. Sums up something so uniquely illegible that there really ought not to be a legitimate word for what it describes. It sums up the sentiments of the Vanguard's fans right now - they're a bit bemused and still getting used to the roller coaster ride they (the Vanguard) are taking them on. The highs and the lows are so very extreme!

First game this season saw them pounded by the Darkest Sides of the Suns scant seconds after the premier season's opening whistle! Still they fought on miraculously and actually looked like drawing the match till a Turn 15 perfect defence followed by an immediate cluster on a rerolled dodge lost them the game 3-2.

Second game was the best of their career. They had some magic moments yet another tough game against the Zen Adepts and finally took the game 2-0.

And then their third match - probably the killing blow for their premiership chances! The elves had fought hard for a well-earned win running in the try in Turn 16 to lead 2-1, only to wander back out onto the pitch for a quick half turn to finish and congratulate the humies for a dead hard game. Only the coach had forgotten to warn them about the remote one turn chance the humies had (which would have been awfully easy to stop if they'd thought to set up properly) and watched them pull off the play with as much style and flair as any daffodil from the great forests. A losing draw 2-2!

So, back to the fans - they're quite willing to stoically support their fav players when the chips are down...but alas when the chips go down, so do their favorite players and consequently, it does become a little difficult to support your favorite player after he's snuffed it. And then there are the highs, so short lived and usually following a monumental debacle its hard to remember sometimes that they actually happened. So the fans flock to the pubs and try and figure it all out at the bottom of the keg! Meanwhile, at the pubs we find Kazi is also trying to figure things out at the bottom of the latest and greatest shroom beers. He's lost his mate Kami and his team is out there in the outback somewhere playing some never heard of game at some dusty Bowl that ain't worth a brass razzoo. What's more, they're not playin like they used to. They're playin' like orcs. So while at the bottom of a shroom beer, the fans quiz Kazi about the status quo and find some interesting things!

Turns out that, just like the Krasherz, the coach is also a little eccentric and Kazi wonders if the Vanguard will ever make it to the top with his absent minded pontifications. Kazi often relates the story of a missed premiership thanks to a Turn 16 noob call by the coach which allowed the Wicker men to steal a draw. Of course, with last night's special turn 16 play, everybody remembers this story now!

And then there's this wicked scar the coach is now sporting above his right brow. Would ordinarily lend a coach a dead 'ard look as coach of one of the SWL's premier teams, but rumour has it he gained it after running into a rose bush while on a nightly jog through the back streets to avoid the crowds in Snorriheim before the Vanguard vs Bogan Yobs game!

No wonder the fans are perplexed!
 Jump to: