21 coaches online • Server time: 07:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lelruthus

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

gregory_n_white wrote:
I was promoted from 3rd place in Reg at around TR170 and were coming up against sides which i couldnt compete against. I was very fortunate to have a "safe" season (i didnt suffer many cas) but that is because I was often playing to survive rather than compete.

You have nothing to complain about, GNW. I got promoted with a TR of 150ish and only a single season for the PMT ladies under my belt. I DEFINATELY wasn't ready for conf, but sucked it up and played as well as I could, and have had a decent season... in your conf... I expected to lose several matches (expecting to win every match is unreasonable for such a young team), and won far more t han I thought I would.

suck it up and play the game in front of you.
toonook

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

what lel said. i finished below lel with a tr sub 150 and managed to get up to 4th. Then again the fact that I still haven't suffered a perma injury or death to the team might have something to do with that.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

In all fairness to GNW though, High Elves are much much harder to survive with than other teams like Dwarves and Amazons. Elves are expensive and have a lower AV than dwarves and harder access to blodge than Zons.

I'm not against having 4 Conf (I don't care either way) but the admins should take a good look at who will go up so that we don't end up having a bunch of teams pull-out mid-season because they're frustrated with having all their players killed.

On a different note, thanks again to the admins for another great season.
Toonie

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

But on the same note, i culled to 150 and was kept in the confs, i built quite easily to 200tr. Granted that i knew i couldn't win that season, i concentrated on team building and rebuilt quite easily. Smile

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Longshanks wrote:
Is an expansion of conferences up for discussion or will it just be decided by the admins?

Well, it will be decided by the admins, however, it's always possible that there are advantages/disadvantages we haven't thought of yet.

Personally, I haven't been in the position of a low TR conf coach in quite some time, and haven't have to cull back to TR150 for reggies at all. In my opinion, it's good to look at things from a few different points of view, so I'm quite okay with reading through a bit of discussion.

justbob

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we talking about a permanent move to 4 confs then? I personally would be for maintaining a stable structure where possible, so everyone knows going into the season what the rules are for promotion/relegation etc at the end of the season. Seems a bit unfair to say, not relegate 7th/8th when the 6th place finisher in a conf might have busted a gut to avoid finishing 7th. However understandably things sometimes need reworking on short notice due to dropouts/drafts etc.

The other thing is that if the confs end up with more TR150ish teams, it means more multiple handicap games for the existing conf teams on a higher TR, and I would have thought the idea would be to try and have less of that.
erikekers

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I personally would be for maintaining a stable structure where possible, so everyone knows going into the season what the rules are for promotion/relegation etc at the end of the season. Seems a bit unfair to say, not relegate 7th/8th when the 6th place finisher in a conf might have busted a gut to avoid finishing 7th. However understandably things sometimes need reworking on short notice due to dropouts/drafts etc.

Agree with you here JB

Quote:

The other thing is that if the confs end up with more TR150ish teams, it means more multiple handicap games for the existing conf teams on a higher TR, and I would have thought the idea would be to try and have less of that.

I think that this will only be a problem for 1 season. with 4 confs and 2 reggies (this is a guess) you will have 1 team drop from each conf and 2 promote from each reggie (also a guess). This means only 4 teams make the dreaded leap from reggie to conf eacah season. The end result will be a larger group of teams sitting in the TR 150-200 bracket
The only downside i can see for the future is it makes it trickier to get into prem (wildcard) but i don't think this is really a problem anyway.

My 2 cents
Patrician

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Given I'm redrafting I'm less concerned, but I don't think there's much of a hassle to move from 3 Confs to 4. And the argument that we're trying to avoid Handicaps doesn't gel, as after one nasty game you can be 30TR down anyway.

I agree with Ansalon, thanks Admin, and I'm sure SWLXX will be great whatever the format.

EDIT - Patrician Adds a n't into his post

EDITEDIT - Yeah OB I knew that was coming Smile

Last edited by Patrician on %b %22, %2007 - %07:%May; edited 2 times in total
OldBugman

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, just remember guys that all these decisions are debated and thought about. there is always opposition to re: ague the point in the admin crew, and at the end of the day it's about what is best for the league and what will keep it going on the right track.

/me drafts patrician VAMPIRES
Patrician

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol...here's something to think about. We'll probably have to totally redo things for LRB 5 anyway later down the track...

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

On the stability notion, whilst we do try and maintain stable rule sets, we will not be idle if we forsee problems with the league structure. Whenever we do any changes there are always people who are FOR or AGAINST any change.

We are sympathetic to those who have issues, but at the end of the day all decisions are based on what is good for the long term benefit of the SWL.

So in short, we reserve the right to alter the rules (incl structure) but will do so only in the SWL's overall best interests.

C
Elan

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If [as stated] the decisions are being made by the physicologically active Admin crew, then there aint much point any of us poor wee coaches doin anything until you lot with the power make the decisions. Then we can bleat and whine about it. That should be new and unusual in this forum Very Happy

In the meantime, my team is going to sit and lick its ummm, wounds ... and wait until the Admin world turns.
justbob

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

So in short, we reserve the right to alter the rules (incl structure) but will do so only in the SWL's overall best interests.

I don't think anyone has any problems with that at the end of the day so it's all good, but it's the off-season so there's nothing to do but speculate and talk crap Wink
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I know justbob...

We should try and get some Fringe Smack happening!

Anyone keen to play silly Fringe comps and would like to set one up... feel free!!

C
RedMaul

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Grande Avispa has applied to the Speed Turn KO !
 Jump to: