39 coaches online • Server time: 10:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My mistake.. i thought the word "You" could indicate plural as well....Wink

M

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I know someone he can talk to Wink

Z
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
Nice job on the write-up and the interview. You r0XX0rz! ehrm...quite good Smile

M

...said the coach that dodged an interview after his first round smacktalk blew up in his face! hehehe Wink Mith, Brokejaw will be looking for you soon!
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2005 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

BB-Pad wrote:
Spurting Newz - Interview with a Swamp-ire?
<Swamp Master> This is true. Except for Grue, who the Swamp Master spanks regularly, I haven’t had the opportunity to beat this fresh crop. Game film is always nice ...

I think the Swamp Master is thinking of his, erhm, lizard....

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
...said the coach that dodged an interview after his first round smacktalk blew up in his face! hehehe Wink Mith, Brokejaw will be looking for you soon!

Take that back! I didn´t dodge the interview. It was late and i have to get some sleep you know...

I´d be more than happy to lament the cruel fate that is my Norse. Name the time and the place pretty boy:D

M
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2005 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry Mithril... I may have supressed the trash talk in round 1, but I've been taken to the cleaners in rounds 2 and 3 already...

I keep trying different teams in the UMT... first Undead, with some success, then Elves, Humans and now Dark Elves... perhaps I need to go back to undead! Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, and welcome to my show, Frankie Da Fist’s Sports Picks, I’m Frank.

Anywayz, here are some picks dat you’d be just dum ta bet against.

UMT Div A
Etheral Shadows vs. Lizangeles Swamp Beasts – Da Swamp Beasts stumbled a bit in round 2 but dat was against dem dodgey Amazons, Lizards win dis wun easy.

San Josefina Earthquakes vs. Slowjokes – ‘ere’s my first upset pick of round 4, with 2 AG 4 Blitzas and 2 Runnas showing a koompe, erm, compet, uh, ability to throw, I fink deez dwarves iz gonna play like elfers.

UMT Div B
Amsterdam Deadmirals vs. Blitzburgh Stealers – well dis matchup is fer nuffin but pride, and I fink da undead come stormin’ outta da basement and find a way to win dis wun.

Great Wrestling Midgets vs. Cartoonettes – Again I see the recently unbeatable Amazons losing dis match, the ST -5 Amazon catcher is shut down in dis match.

BK South Park vs. C.C. Hammerheads – I gotz ta go wit da boyz on dis one. Hammerheads win in a smash mouf matchup.

UMT Div C
Bashing Hammers vs. House of Golodhrim – Dem Lil’ beardy gitz iz really dodgey, har har, dis’ll be fun ta see da elves git sum of dere own medicine. I iz gonna take da dorfs, but it may be close.

Tjofaderillan vs. Pretty Fly – Eva since da coach of Pretty Fly said iz boyz would win dere first match, dem norse boyz’ve only scored wun td. Dis game is no diffrunt, da prancy ‘zons’ll skip inta da enzone at leest twice an win dis game ezzy. Wink

UMT Div D
Footsie Ballers vs. Blocking with no Luck – well, I dunno, my boyz got tore up by both deez teems, so I hope dey kill each uvver, real good. Wiv only 10 prancy elves mucking aboot, I’d wager on da Dorfs again tho.

Well dat’s it for now, just rememba, even if ya can’t win, ya can still kill sumfing!
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope that Kurre will be online tomorrow to play my Undeads 'fer pride' or not. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

<Tomb Brokejaw> care to comment on anyone else in the league? Bloodspit is back, everyone else is new I believe.
<Swamp Master> Division C is a bitch
<Swamp Master> trif, tricktickler, mithrilpoint, wotfudboy

What the?! I've never been... That's just... He left my name out ! Razz

Then again... does that mean I'm not a bitch? That's good, right?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Quote:

<Tomb Brokejaw> care to comment on anyone else in the league? Bloodspit is back, everyone else is new I believe.
<Swamp Master> Division C is a bitch
<Swamp Master> trif, tricktickler, mithrilpoint, wotfudboy

What the?! I've never been... That's just... He left my name out ! Razz

Then again... does that mean I'm not a bitch? That's good, right?

hi redfish, gald to meet you.

Go to fumbblacademy to learn the basics Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

CR 175.32 = Noob if you ask me.

If Brokejaw said it, I believe it.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:

True, I AM just rolling along on my n00b luck. All good things come to an end and perhaps it's lurking just around the corner.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:

he is just christer little brother. I have some proof of it.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Da_Todfatha wrote:

he is just christer little brother. I have some proof of it.

Oh, yeah!? Just remember - Big Brother is watching Cool
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

UMT V Round 2 Summary

Div A
Brasky's Iron Claws once again demonstrated their demon streak, inflicting an impressive four casualties on the heavily-armoured dwarves of lordchaos' Slowjokes, but yet again failed to get a much-needed win. Supporters of the current management team will point out that this result is an improvement following their 1st round defeat but they will probably need to win 3 of their remaining 4 fixtures to reach the play-offs. Slowjokes meanwhile remain unbeaten but their team doesn't seem to be getting the breaks they need to turn their steady play into wins and the latest injuries will no doubt stunt their progress. **** It was a battle of Division A's two UMT veterans as LurkingGrue's San Josephina Earthquakes played Mully's Lizangeles Swamp Beasts and it was the amazons that came out on top, scoring in the last minute to get a 2-1 win over the pre-season favourites. Lizangeles coach Mully had marked the Earthquakes as their main rivals in a pre-season interview but the prospect of defeat was an anathema. So it was no surprise that the Cabalvision transmission had to be suspended during post-match interviews as even orcs (anonymously, of course) phoned up to complain at the colourful language displayed by the irate lizardman coach. Asked whether they would be taking any action against Mully for bringing the game into disrepute, reporters were somewhat shocked when the official statement from the UMT board was "F@#$ off, you tw@s!" The win puts San Josephina in a great position at the top of the table while the Swamp Beasts drop to 3rd.**** Moving up into 2nd are CircularLogic's Etheral Shadows after they dispatched gamenutter's Mork's Maraurders by 1-0. The statistics suggest they were rather fortunate to match the orcs' bashing abilities but holding off the powerful orcs for much of the game takes some skill and the Shadows are now well placed to clinch a play-off berth. Meanwhile, bottom of the table with two defeats from two leaves Mork's Maraurders in a precarious position and although veteran blitzer Sarhbub continues to be a major threat, getting his 3rd casualty of the season, the orcs continued failure to score must be a real concern for gamenutter and his management staff.

Div B
SideShowBob's Cartoonettes opened up an early 100-point lead after beating supermagnus' BK South Park by 2-1. Freak veteran powerhouse catcher Mimmi took all the credit as she scored both the Cartoonettes touchdowns, while the rest of the amazon team displayed remarkable aggression as they inflicted four casualties on their chaos dwarf opponents. When South Park did hit back on a couple of occasions they made sure it hurt leaving two Cartoonettes missing next game, possibly ending one career. The South Park fans were unimpressed however and will be looking for better things from their supposedly fearsome team that now drop to 4th. **** Changing places with BK South Park are kurre's Great Wrestling Midgets who move up from 4th to 2nd following their fantastic 3-0 win over Kyyberi's Blitzburgh Stealers. Having learnt from their previous game against the hated orcs, kurre's dwarves were well prepared for the Stealers visit and they capitalised on every little mistake the greenskins made, urged on by the euphoric cheering of their fans, experienced blitzer Spinning Headscissors scoring a brace. Also dominant in the blood-letting contest, young troll slayer Atomic Drop deserves a mention as he inflicted two of his team's four casualties. The defeat drops Kyyberi's orcs to the bottom of Division B and on this performance they won't be getting back up again - can they cause a few upsets yet? **** Finally Captain1821's C.C. Hammerheads battled out another tight game that ended with the spoils shared when they faced Jinxed's Amsterdam Deadmirals. Jinxed will probably consider the result unsatisfactory as they have a lot of work to do to overcome the handicap of their 1st round forfeit, while orc coach Captain1821 may be frustrated that his team missed out on maximum points again but can be heartened that the Hammerheads are still well placed to launch into the top two. Experienced blitzer Adrian Barnes was again the scorer for the Hammerheads, getting his 3rd touchdown of the season, but some disgruntled orc fans left the ground early, unhappy at their team's inability to splash their rivals' blood over the pitch today - there's never pleasing everyone!

Div C
After their opening day defeat, the Pretty Fly squad had been called in on their day off for extra training by their Head Coach Mithrilpoint and so galvanised, they overcame mymLaban's Bashing Hammers by a single touchdown to re-ignite their fans hopes for the season. It was a great game for Fly's emerging star minotaur Ugly as he scored the winning touchdown - the first of his entire career - and satisfied his wild animal urges by inflicting an injury on a stumpy dwarf. Pretty Fly move up one place into 4th and only 23 points separate them from a play-off spot. Bashing Hammers on the other hand remain rooted to the foot of the table following this 2nd consecutive defeat and it doesn't look good for the dwarves. **** 1st played 3rd as Tricktickler's group leaders Tjofaderillan took on Redfish's Chaqua Coldbloods and no-one would have predicted the emphatic 4-0 win for the amazons. A heat wave caused havoc to the Coldbloods' ectothermic squad, while Tjofaderillan were less affected and were ready and waiting from the kick-off with a blitz. The game was costly for both teams as Chaqua Coldbloods suffered 5 casualties including two deaths, their apothecary was on hand to save young Chupika but the apothecary's herbs had been exhausted when the powerful skink got himself in trouble again. Tricktickler's amazons suffered two injuries themselves and both look likely to end the careers of the afflicted. It was a fantastic team effort from Tjofaderillan but they will be hoping for less attritional games if they are to make an impact in the play-offs. While this was certainly a big blow for Redfish and the lizardmen, and they will need to respond well to maintain their season's aspirations **** Finally Wotfudboy's 2nd-placed Twilight Bandits played Trif's House of Golodhrim that had dark elves battling high elves in a rivalry that has lasted for millennia. However it was the nobly born elves that flourished as the House of Golodhrim came out 2-0 winners having successfully ground down their sinister cousins. Young thrower Aodan tried in vain to orchestrate the Bandits but despite his first-rate passing, his team-mates were unable to breach the Golodhrim defence. The win takes Trif's high elves up to 2nd although they are over 200 points behind leaders Tjofaderillan, while Wotfudboy's dark elves drop to 3rd but they are still well placed to re-launch their challenge.

Div D
First up in Division D were soultoken's unexpected group leaders Piglets 2 as they took on BiggieB's Blocking with no Luck. After their excellent victory last round many UMT fans were anticipating another unlikely win for the halflings but faced with a more powerful opponent and gruesome dwarves at that, it was no real surprise that Blocking with no Luck ended 2-0 winners. The only shocker was that the dwarves didn't spill more blood although when they did inflict damage it really hurt as poor Jelly's family will attest to as they feast his funeral. The win takes BiggieB's dwarves to the top of the table while Piglets 2 drop to 4th. **** Elsewhere Pain State!! took the field for the first time this season and boy will orc coach Da_Todfatha wish they hadn't as they were thrashed 4-1 by Slick's Footsie Ballers. The greenskins only source of pleasure might have come from killing one of those "nancy little girls" but even the Ballers apothecary ensured that wasn't to be and the orcs had to settle for making sure young lineman Garret Niziol takes an extended break from the game. A big blow for Pain State!! as they drop from 2nd to 5th, while the Footsie Ballers rise two places to 3rd and get a week off to train for their Round 4 game. **** Last but not least bloodelf's Bloodspit pick up the free 200 points this round that moves them up to play-offs places in 2nd and with a game against the halflings to come, confidence in the chaos camp is high indeed.