30 coaches online • Server time: 11:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you a proud Rank player?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 49 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
R VS B...again?
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Wait I thought it was B VS R...Iam confused.
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
PIE
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 102

Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm, it is actually a lot easier. Because... here it comes... people can not refuse your games!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, for example my last match in the Box with Amazons has been against Dwarfs.
I obviously cherrypicked this match up because I had an advantage.
Very Happy Suuuure!
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Way to prove your point.. *facepalm*
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an example, you can find many more if you check the Box matches.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How is that different from Ranked? Or are you that ignorant to assume every one picks in Ranked?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattdakka, ranked is as flawed as you want to make it. If you want to pick and cheese, you can (providing your opponent is game). If you are a fair guy looking for even match ups, the division couldn't be fairer. It's up to you, how broken ranked it, where as it's out of your control in box.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

*shrug*

If you want to game both divisons you can. Let's not get into that again.

To get back to the original post, Ranked is...more friendly...because you can choose your experience.

You can customise it to whatever you want to face.

If you don't care what you face (and truly don't care, not say you don't care), and just want a fast game then box is more suited to you.

If you find your game experience is ruined by a particular build (let's say clawbomb), then R is more suited to you.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
How is that different from Ranked? Or are you that ignorant to assume every one picks in Ranked?

I don't assume that every one in R picks, but many coaches, even if they not actively pick however tend to avoid unfair/hard match ups, Amazons vs Dwarfs is the typical example.
When I put my teams on Gamefinder the bash ones rarely get offers, while the agile/weak teams are often challenged by all kinds of coaches.
When I play in the Box at low-medium TV I have no idea on the match up, at high TV I will probably face a Clawpomb team, but this doesn't give me an unfair advantage.
If for cherrypicking in Box you mean minmaxing and sweetspotting, not everybody in the Box does that, and as I already said, a minmaxer/abuser can be paired with another minmaxer/abuser.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think ranked is slightly less terrible than the box.

I'm a proud leaguer (who occasionally dabbles in one of the other divisions).

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
Leaguer

R&B is for when you don't have a league match scheduled isn't it?

Well I would assume that all FUMBBL'ers who have been around here for a while have figured this out. League DIV is the heart of FUMBBL.

BUT

As stated...the vast majority of us do play R or B or both during down times.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at it this way...IF Christer shut down all Divs but L....how many coaches would leave the site forever?

IMO very little...not saying coaches would be happy, his PM box would be filled with rage. BUT we would still be able to play Blood Bowl online with our online game shop friends on FUMBBL.

NOW if he shut down all league action and said all games are open play format?

yeah, mass exodus.

For me League Div is the local hobby shop TT league. I no longer can play TT due to family. So I have replaced that with the League div.

My "friends" on FUMBBL are mainly in the two Leagues I play in. League is were coaches find a "home" on FUMBBL and then venture out into open play.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Look at it this way...IF Christer shut down all Divs but L....how many coaches would leave the site forever?

IMO very little...not saying coaches would be happy, his PM box would be filled with rage. BUT we would still be able to play Blood Bowl online with our online game shop friends on FUMBBL.

NOW if he shut down all league action and said all games are open play format?

yeah, mass exodus.

For me League Div is the local hobby shop TT league. I no longer can play TT due to family. So I have replaced that with the League div.

My "friends" on FUMBBL are mainly in the two Leagues I play in. League is were coaches find a "home" on FUMBBL and then venture out into open play.

And you call yourself proud to play Ranked! Poser! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
ryanfitz wrote:
Leaguer

R&B is for when you don't have a league match scheduled isn't it?

Well I would assume that all FUMBBL'ers who have been around here for a while have figured this out. League DIV is the heart of FUMBBL.

BUT

As stated...the vast majority of us do play R or B or both during down times.

Err NO! I am here so I can play Majors! The WIL fanboys can kiss my heiny!
Ohh and play my old beloved teams too. I would think that you with all your promotion of your bucks would be the same.

Ohh and when some one mentioned box issues you where all GET BACK ON TOPIC. But when some one brought up League you your self got derailed. Way to go...

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
It is called social control, people play the games that are enjoyable for both parties.

This effect was a lot stronger when matchmaking was still a social interaction though. That's the #1 loss of lfg2 imo.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
It is called social control, people play the games that are enjoyable for both parties.

This effect was a lot stronger when matchmaking was still a social interaction though. That's the #1 loss of lfg2 imo.

The new gamefinder certainly didn't help, but the main point remains that when a [R]anked match starts that is because both coaches chose to play that matchup.

This very simple principle is why I enjoy playing in [R]anked more than playing in other divisions.