17 coaches online • Server time: 03:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Am i really crap at this game?
Yes, always
48%
 48%  [ 65 ]
No, just really unlucky
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Quite a bit of both actually
42%
 42%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 134

Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No, but there is the Fumbbl Academy.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

And you could always join my da cherrypickaz-army.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I am glad to see that angelface believe that no one is good at playing just good at cherry picking.......
"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy if you win and dont care if you lose. To have an above average winning ratio requires 2 things: routine and the ability of *khm* choosing opponents. Routine will come in the course of time, and hope that the so-called ability wont ever come - this is the nasty fate of many once excellent and fun coaches who are saltless scarecrows in these days.

If I can give you any advice: dont ever give a damn about cr!

true allthough that it can be a trap. But I know many players who give sh.. about who and which team they play, who are still great coaches.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i want to point out that adjusting to the fummbl community (who are hardened BBowl Veterans) takes a while, my first team seemed to have like 20 loses b4 i started having draws instead! Spectate matches, watch replays, join a tournament for the variety, play a few educational matches (fumbbl academy), and look at your opponent's CR. as u have a low 138 odd CR atm, aim for ppl maximum 155. preferably ppl around 145 in the beginning...

ppl under 150 lose most of their matches (proud me) and u will be playing against ppl in your 'range' and slightly harder... when your CR reaches 145 you aim for ppl between 145 and 160. those are the ppl who win quite a bit. u will win occassionally, but what is important is the progress u make...

send me a PM with your times and i'll play an 'educational match' with you one day, help u learn a few tricks and have some fun. Experience, practice, replays (including your own), spectating and team building are all essential...

-LordSnotball

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
double_ones

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Protect the ball 2) Protect the ball 3) Do the easy stuff first
APJAbuse

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I was in that same boat for a while, but i've been learing a lot recently, still not too great, but i have fun at it and I think that soon enough i can at least win 1/2 of my games, i'd be very content with that one... I've also tried various races and i think thta chaos are harder to use, but I'm doing better with them because of their style fitting mine just fine. Figure out which team you have most fun playing andd that should help, talk to other coaches about setups and strategies on fumbbl academy
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSnotball wrote:
i want to point out that adjusting to the fummbl community (who are hardened BBowl Veterans) takes a while, my first team seemed to have like 20 loses b4 i started having draws instead! Spectate matches, watch replays, join a tournament for the variety, play a few educational matches (fumbbl academy), and look at your opponent's CR. as u have a low 138 odd CR atm, aim for ppl maximum 155. preferably ppl around 145 in the beginning...

ppl under 150 lose most of their matches (proud me) and u will be playing against ppl in your 'range' and slightly harder... when your CR reaches 145 you aim for ppl between 145 and 160. those are the ppl who win quite a bit. u will win occassionally, but what is important is the progress u make...

send me a PM with your times and i'll play an 'educational match' with you one day, help u learn a few tricks and have some fun. Experience, practice, replays (including your own), spectating and team building are all essential...

-LordSnotball

I agree with that. There are some cap of playing and for exemple, if I where low in CR, I would avoid 170 and more coaches. They risk not only to win, but also to cripple your team because every mistake could become used to knock all your players down.

Post 7 Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pushbloke wrote:
I sometimes wonder if I should be playing this game. I seem to lose an awful lot. Its lucky I enjoy playing really or i would get the raging hump Razz

Just tell your self Jesus loves me, this i know cause me bible tells you so > BALL S...
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Average coach on fumbbl will outright pimp slap the average tabletop coach who plays in a league.

Here we get the benefits of starting teams whenever we want and are part of the largest BB community.

There are also lots of veterns here from old skool BB (first and second edition, OLBBL, etc.).

Sharp learning curve here but stay patient and stop blaming luck. People around here tend to view a disproportionate amount of their losses as solely due to luck. Not true.... dice have 6 sides.......they all get used.

Peace,
__Synn
Buur

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

the only answer is that beer and pie can take you anywhere!
-buur

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Pushbloke,

I think not worrying about CR like everyone says is a good plan! But one way to make life even easier and also in my experience avoid some of those unsavory characters you can find on fumbbl is to play unranked! This is a very general statement but I find there are more coaches in U that play for fun. Also if you want to win some games choosing the right sort of teams to start playing with is important and without a doubt (imo) Humans are one of the best across the board especially for beginners. I know they come in the box and if you got bored of them like I did, you may try to play anything but... If so then definitely revisit them on fumbbl Smile I wish I had done it sooner!

Sgt.

P.s. As I have found out many people have very different ideas about what's fun when it comes to BB but... All I can say is stunty, play that for a while and you'll soon forget about the winning and loosing its all about those crazy plays that against the odds fall into place and the mayhem that's caused when they don't! Ahhh the joy Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of good advice folks. At the moment I am not managing to get many games played so it looks as though I will be 'not be very good' for some time time. Smile

I've decided to ignore the 'don't worry about CR' advice and start the <a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2922">145 Club</a>

Here coaches with losing records can arrange matches against each other and moan about their poor luck if necessary.

Think I'll start a 145 tournament.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh! 145 Club
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Average coach on fumbbl will outright pimp slap the average tabletop coach who plays in a league.

Here on Fumbbl perhaps. I have recently joined a tabletop league and I find that adjusting between playing on the board and on the client can be difficult.

While I find I indeed bitch-slap some coaches I have played IRL when I meet them online, the reverse is often true when I play them in TT.

It's all a matter of how well you see the patterns on the field. When used to one playing environment you wil play below your usual level in the other.

Funny thing is that the TT crowd on TBB is quite convinced that most Fumbbl coaches suck Confused

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Doh! 145 Club

Better advertise this in a separate thread in the tournaments section. It's actually quite a cool idea, but buried deep down in this discussion you will not get enough attention.

Oh, and don't be ashamed to bump yout thread Wink