45 coaches online • Server time: 17:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I too dont want to lose the teams in ffb but if they have to go then so be it. It will affect everyone so no-one will have an advantage when it happens. Im looking forward to when it goes live though. Going to be a great addition i believe.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

FMSTAN wrote:
I too dont want to lose the teams in ffb but if they have to go then so be it. It will affect everyone so no-one will have an advantage when it happens. Im looking forward to when it goes live though. Going to be a great addition i believe.

No-one will have an advantage except those LRB4 coaches, you mean? The ones who not only get to keep their teams, but also get to keep any additional positionals, legendary skills, and other such advantages they possessed that no longer exist in FFB?

I'm very disappointed with this decision.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
1. There have been a lot of matches played where people have simply tested things and not played properly.
2. The division has not been running with competitive rules. Dropped matches have been frequent, and staff has not acted on those drops in the way they would in competitive divisions.
3. A number of early bugs pushed through some strange results.
4. Bugs have been around that added or subtracted winnings / injuries to teams.
5. Matches have been lost due to critical bugs.
6. People were told early on that there was a high probability of a team wipe.
7. The team of staff agree on that a clearing of teams is the best way to go.

While I doubt that 1-5 would have an impact even remotely near those of certain birthday events (or any significant impact at all), I must admit that I have been totally unaware of point 6. Confused

All the time-consuming efforts to eventually get all 3 big guys for my (still underwhelming but boy are they fun to play with) Chaos Pact were in vain... Crying or Very sad
stej

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

In the short term this will put me off playing on fumbbl. I have enjoyed testing the new client and up skilling my teams. The client , even in its buggiest days, was vastly slicker and quicker then the old one. Games taking 50min or so was a big improvement over the 1.5hr affairs of LRB4.

For now, knowing my teams will be reset, I have little incentive to play on with them as any development or attachement I make to my team will be wiped. In a similar vein, I have been hanging onto players in my LRB4 teams that I would normally have binned due to knowing a transfer will take place. You could argue this gives teams transferring an unfair advantage (keep the twice niggled star in the old world, no thanks. Oh, +2 to injury rolls in the new world? I'll keep the blodge +St +Av Chaos warrior after all).

At the end of the day, I knew this was a liekly possibility but until the transfer happens I feel there is little incentive for coaches to play any games at all.

Anyway, lets get everyone (who wants to) playing on the new client. It'll be a dman site quicker and we can all make excessive use of the /boring command in the spec channel
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
I'll keep the blodge +St +Av Chaos warrior after all).

+AV. That's a good trick in 4.0.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
RandomOracle wrote:
I don't really see the downside of allowing current FFB teams to transfer to [L]. Private league admins can always decide not to accept those teams to their competitive leagues.

I also fail to see the problem.

Considering the history of several [R]-Major winners, I even fail to see the problem to transfer ffb-teams to [R]. Well, except for an advantage in the inaugural SMACK winner run perhaps.

That said, I am not too much annoyed personally, as I only care for [B], [WIL] and, maybe, [SMACK] anyway, it's just sad as I just managed to eventually buy the 3rd big guy for my Chaos Pact side. Now, retroperspectively, all the time spent was more or less entirely wasted Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %15, %2010 - %01:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
asharak

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr - Spikes! Smile Though not strictly +AV I guess.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

DELETE ALL TEAMS/USERS/ACCOUNTS/STATISTICS/RECORDS

GO!

Please reset my account, so that i can start from scratch... Also wipe the Box, so we can start from scratch there...
smokingmonkee

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
DELETE ALL TEAMS/USERS/ACCOUNTS/STATISTICS/RECORDS

GO!

Please reset my account, so that i can start from scratch... Also wipe the Box, so we can start from scratch there...

Finally some reason in this thread. Plus all the team names are up for grabs again!!
Sair

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So, when does FFB start for "real"? I don't really care about this division junk, I just want to play it.
magistern

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to hear an answer to regn's question: "So I suppose this sort of casual play has no place on the site then?" Because I thought that was what [L] was for. I've seen treeman-only and 1v1 model games on L. And this is the most competitive division? I play within a small group of people and that is what I use and would love to continue using my FFB teams for on fumbbl. I wouldn't even consider moving them to the new R because L is the correct division for that. So what's the big deal?
magistern

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I see you linked one of my games, shadow. In LRB6 there is a lot more room for TV discrepancies, it's quite dissimilar to LRB4 in that inducements make enough of a difference for games even 540 TV apart can approach "fair". If you apply the same TS restrictions that R has to the new FFB competitive division (TV400) then Morg N' Thorg would never see the light of day!
asharak

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
[L] is a highly competitive division...yes, there are leagues of friends who play against each other a bunch of times for giggles....but some of the strongest competitive tournaments on the site are in [L]...WIL/WIBBL/SWL/Orca-Cola series....

...No shadow. [L] is not a highly competative divison. Some of the user-run leagues which exist within [L] are highly competative. [L] however is the non-competative division.

Quote:
also, i think i can safely say i'm not the only coach here who has used the "retire to league division" as a means to keep a team on my coach page, without retiring it....but truth be told, even doing that is a retirement of sorts..i've been here for 7 years next week, and i can't recall the last time i actually used one of my ranked teams that was transferred to league...the teams that i did that with are as good as retired...the only benefit i get from keeping them there is 1 less team that i can create towards my 30 team limit...

I'm sure many people play with their mates in [L]. I know I do, if not often as most of them do not like fumbbl. One person is not a statistic afterall.

Quote:
but here's a hint, since you're so scared of losing all of that "hard work" you put into building that team......you should try the "show retired teams" link from time to time...

Please refrain from being pointlessly insulting. I know you can get away with it due to your position. However it is wrong to do so and does a good job of making any valid points you make seem somewhat less valid.[/quote]
Tomay

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think clean slate would be awesome. Retired teams should be deleted and active teams should have the option to transfer to FFB as a clean TV1000 team or remain as a LRB4 team. But that's just me.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

asharak wrote:
pythrr - Spikes! Smile Though not strictly +AV I guess.

If you picked spikes on yr CW, you deserve to be well - laffed at. Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: