46 coaches online • Server time: 19:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2004 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as how there are people who seem to struggle with the idea of getting there tourney games played within the timeframe, here's a handy guide:

1) The minute you find out who your opponent is, PM them with your available times to play, and ask for theirs.

2) Check your own PM's for similar messages from your opponent.

3) Once they PM you back, organise a time for the game. Preferably the earliest one possible, as shit does happen, and that will leave you with more time to arrange an alternate.

4) Should that time not work out for whatever reason, go for the next soonest that works, and try again. Repeat until game is played.

WAYS TO NOT PLAY YOUR GAME:

- Just hope to bump into your opponent on IRC at some stage

- Never actually entering the #swl channel

- Only PMing your opponent a couple of days before the deadline

- Not checking your PM's

Now if only the majority of the repeat offenders actually bothered to read this forum, they might actually find this useful.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>** League News **</b>

Things are not definate, but here goes the latest... PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

<b>Regional Division</b> will be scrapped.

Coaches deemed worthy enough will be promoted to <b>Conference Division</b>

A coach is deemed worthy enough if a) he has a good track record in the Regional structure or QPool and b) his team has a TR of <b>at least 150</b>

Yes that's right, there will be a minimum standard of Conference participation!

A good track record is a subjective matter to be determined by the admins... it will be basically those who don't forfeit!

The structure of Conference in Season 7 will depend on numbers that qualify.

Please note the TR minimum standard as this may influence your decision to retire your current team or promote your QPool one.

Given that QPool is the breeding ground for Conference play, the QPool cap will be raised for next season. TR 170 is currently being mooted.

This will allow coaches a 20TR swing space to prepare teams to promote from season to season.

It is anticipated that Premier will remain 8 teams no matter what with the current promotion / relegation still in force...

This is not gospel, but is getting close. I felt the need to raise this now because coaches will be soon deciding which teams to promote etc.

Any queries of legitamate nature can be directed to us via the hotmail acct...

Clay
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah my Qpool woodies can have more players next season
annachie

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Could I also request some sort of retired team pool, ranging from about TR150 ish to TR 225 ish. Basically, for those of us who want higher level pick-up games without bothering with Ranked. Given the nature of the beast it would probably be best for any team going into this pool to not come out (except by special arangement I suppose), although how this would affect the picnic type tournement I don't know.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

We already have a veteran's league setup annachie. It's just no-one actually plays games in it as of yet.

BTW, on that score, why not? Do you really have to have something structured setup?

The way I see it, it's more advantageous not to setup strubture in that group, as it allows much more flexibility in getting games in.

I suspect an open round robin would just peter out through lack of keen coaches, and neither do I think other structures would work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, a pool setup would show those teams interested, otherwise it can be hard to realise who has a team available for a veterans league.

Just an idea is all.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

But the teams are all in the group page regardless. So it should be easy to tell, just go to the group page, which you'd have to do if there was a pool anyways.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, going on with Snorri's Division Names, maybe Premier should be Da Kiwi Kup? spell it how you wish Smile
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You mean that if we are between games in regular SWL we can just have a vets game if we have someone else online with a similar no regular swl games lined up probnlem? wow, i never knew that that was what was intended Chunkster. cool, the Tide may play again!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, that's the plan JK.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
Well, going on with Snorri's Division Names, maybe Premier should be Da Kiwi Kup? spell it how you wish Smile

From what I hear, "National Soccer League" may be available Very Happy
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Season 7 Structure - Important Announcement</b>

OK, much confab between us has resulted in the following decisions for next season...

<b>Premier League</b> will be 8 teams with 4 teams relegating each season after this one. This will allow a fair amount of turnover in Premier and promote the chances of people to actually win the thing!

However, Premier League will not be "first past the post". We are proposing to have a 4 team playoff (1st v 4th, 2nd vs 3rd) so to enable the SWL to have a Grand Final just like our NRL and AFL codes. So the grand champion of the SWL will be determined on the pitch with hopefully much hype and gusto!

<b>Conference Leagues</b> will be 4 divisions of 8 teams each. Seeded 'roughly' on TR each season, the 4 winners of the Conference Leagues will promote to Premier League. Winners will be on 1st past the post.

This means that the SWL (Premier and Conference) will be restricted to 40 teams only!

Essentially, all teams in this seasons Premier League and Conference Leagues will be in the 40. There are a few dropouts already, so places will be opening up.

The remaining spots to take us to 40 teams will be taken from the current Regional Leagues.

To qualify from Regional, we look at 3 factors. One, you must have a team of TR150 or more. Two, you must be a committed coach who has demonstrated that he plays games. Three, and only if really needed, racial considerations may come into it, but as far as I know this hasnt yet been called upon.

<b>So if I don't make the cut, what happens?</b>

For those coaches who do not make the cut and for those newbie coaches who joined us this year with QPool teams above TR150, you will be slotted into the third tier competion - <b>The Regional Swamp</b>!

The Regional Swamp will be these teams in an Open Round Robin system with a TR cap of TR190. Should any coach drop out of the Conference League, the leading team on points in the Swamp will be promoted. At seasons end, Swamp teams will be promoted in order of finish to the Conference to cover drop outs etc.

In all three tiers (Premier, Conference and Swamp) all teams must finish the season at a TR of 150 or more. Teams not meeting this criteria will be punted to the QPool

The QPool will operate as it always has. All coaches in the three tiers of SWL will be allowed a second team. In addition, the favourite league sponsored teams (Donuts, Ogres etc) will also play. All newbies joining the SWL will join into the QPool.

The ONLY CHANGE TO THE QPOOL IS.... the TR cap will be raised to 170.

<b>What do you need to do?</b>
Not much really... take all this in and try and catch me via the hotmail account (swladmin@hotmail.com) if you have questions. It is the quickest way to get me to answer your queries direct as I dont have access to fumbbl from work Sad

We have started grading coaches/teams into various divisions, but it will come down to the wire - some Regional teams are in the high 140's TR and "may" qualify... and others have forfeits against them (and yes, we know which guys are at fault and which ones have been victims), so final decisions have not been made.

But if you want to do something like retire your team, retire yourself or promote a QPool team as your main team next season, please let us know ASAP. Again, do this via the hotmail account...

<b>Why the Changes?</b>
Firstly, the promotion of a whole stack of new coaches straight into a Regional set up that was Swiss caused havoc. It showed how many peope see fumbbl / SWL as a good game but not a committment... but thats cool. So we needed to do something that catered for the fringe player...

Secondly, the each season, and I have been here since Season 1 when we had 13 teams and in Season 2 we went to 25 teams, there has been a never ending debate over divisions, structure, promotions etc. This new structure will be permanent. 40 teams. TR150. The Swamp will be the division that expands and contracts depending on coaches... more coaches sign up, the bigger the Swamp and QPools will become. This will enable us admins to be consistent and fair and will let us play more and worry about divisions less...

Of course as always, we are happy to discuss and debate, but this will be the set up for not only next Season, but for Seasons ongoing.

Cheers,
Clay
FLo711

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally the playoffs are back!

Whats say we bring them in a little early eh?

That way my Adpets have a chance at the title!!!

Either way I think it sounds like a good structure, 40 teams is plenty.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice try Flo...

But I should also add that there will be a Gentlemans Picnic again between Season 6 and Season 7. Please be aware of this when considering your team options...

I should also take this opportunity to welcome back <b>vigil</b> and his League of Exhumed Gentlemen back to the SWL after a 9+mth absence. This was the team that won the first picnic (and hence the name "Gentlemen's Picnic")... maybe he'll be interested in taking it out again Wink
annachie

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2004 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

I should also take this opportunity to welcome back <b>vigil</b> and his League of Exhumed Gentlemen back to the SWL after a 9+mth absence. This was the team that won the first picnic (and hence the name "Gentlemen's Picnic")... maybe he'll be interested in taking it out again Wink

This posibly explains why his 'Gentlemen' beat the tar out of my Grunts in his first game back Smile
 Jump to: