13 coaches online • Server time: 04:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bj0rn

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i find it VERY annoying that the trollslayer automatically follows up after his second frenzy block...even if he knocks down or removes the defender from the field (not that it should be a reason)

or, to quote from the rules (appropriate):
Quote:
A player with Frenzy must always follow an opponent up if they
push them back. In addition, if a frenzied player pushes back an
opponent without knocking them over, then they must follow up
the opponent and then throw another block at them,

ok, this says that if you push the opponent back (i read "get the push back result on the blocking dice") you have to follow up. NOT if you knock the opponent down...and most likely push him out of the field (even though the result was push back - dodgy here).

anyways, this has probably been beaten to death here...but please spare the yelling if i missed that...

thanks,
bj0rn
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

a pow is a pushback and then a knockover, making it subject to the same rules as pushback. Skijunkie is correct. Get sidestep or standfirm for pushouts
Louky

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

rules wrote:
A player with Frenzy must always follow an opponent up if they push them back.
In addition, if a frenzied player pushes back an opponent without knocking them over,
then they must follow up the opponent and then throw another block at them

I believe the bold part implies that pushing back is not only "roll pushback" but really physically push back.
But would this mean that a frenzied player shouldn't get his second block on a player with "stand firm" or if he rolls a pow/skull againt a player with "block" ?
Franz

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

No, stand firm don't stop the frenzy. But the frenzy player is not forced to follow up if he knock down the target.
quota

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Louky wrote:
rules wrote:
A player with Frenzy must always follow an opponent up if they push them back.
In addition, if a frenzied player pushes back an opponent without knocking them over,
then they must follow up the opponent and then throw another block at them

I believe the bold part implies that pushing back is not only "roll pushback" but really physically push back.
But would this mean that a frenzied player shouldn't get his second block on a player with "stand firm" or if he rolls a pow/skull againt a player with "block" ?

You're reading it wrong. The text you marked is telling you that if you only pushed "you have to make a followup and block again." Where as if you push and knockdown, you don't throw an additional block. The important part is "A player with Frenzy must always follow an opponent up if they push them back." Since POW is a pushback and knockdown, you have to make a followup.

Either place players around the frenzy player to save him from being pushed out, or simply blitz with him and move him toward the middle after the pushout.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

From the frenzy rules:

A player with Frenzy must always follow an opponent up if they push them back

From the rules on blocking:

Push back: The defending player is pushed back one square by the blocking player. The attacking player may follow up the defender.

!Pow: Unless the defender has the Dodge skill he is pushed back and then knocked over. If he does have the Dodge skill then he is only pushed back. The attacking player may follow up the defender.

Pow: The defending player is pushed back and then knocked down in the square they are moved to. The attacking player may follow up the defender.

The client does it exactly right.

The Finishing Touch
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

when a frenzied player follows up after a block is that movement an extra one that doesnt come from players movement allowence?

MA7 witch elf blitzed with on 7th move -> pushback follow up ->8th move made another block due to frenzy rules -> THEN took 2 gfi..ended up moving 10 squares..

is this right or a bug?

Quote:
If the frenzied player is taking a Blitz action and runs out of normal movement, he can stop attacking (ie, he does not have to throw the additional block), although he can Go For It to throw the block if you want him to – assuming he still has go for it squares left of course.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

it counts towards your movement

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
MA7 witch elf blitzed with on 7th move -> pushback follow up ->8th move made another block due to frenzy rules -> THEN took 2 gfi..ended up moving 10 squares..

This shouldn´t be possible afaik. Maybe you could post the match in which it happened?

M
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

From what I understand they changed Frenzy in the last update so that you HAVE to GFI on the second block if you're out of MA.

Am I wrong here?
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

SixFootDwarf wrote:
From what I understand they changed Frenzy in the last update so that you HAVE to GFI on the second block if you're out of MA.

Am I wrong here?

No 6'Dwarf you are not wrong but when you see it in action the client rightly forces you to make GFI moves for the additional frenzied block but it also then allows you your normal 2GFI squares of movement in addtion (this is not right).
I can't remeber the match it happened or I would post it. If I find the time and inclination I might hunt for it amongst my resent replays.

jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

it was vs myself in stand alone match..

but i checked it out and you do get that extra frenzy move for free.. still allowing 2gfi's after
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

read the "DifferencesFromBoardGameFAQ.txt"... its fully described there... its a feature, not a bug Smile

Code:
(6) LRB 1.3 Frenzy - In the LRB Frenzy if you blitz with frenzy
    and run out of movement after the first block you have the
    option to GFI for the 2nd block, but you may choose not to
    GFI and block.  In this game all frenzy blitz moves get
    two blocks.  If you run out of movement after the first
    block you essentially get a second block for free that costs
    no movement (but you have no option to not take the block).
    Basically this is because I couldn't get it working correctly
    the other way.  One day I hope to fix this, but for now
    I don't think it should affect things much.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2005 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

As I read that part, SubSonic, it tells me that if I run out of movement DURING the frenzy-pushback-extra hit sequence, I get a second no-move free block. So the previous comments about forcing a gfi should be incorrect, I move and hit on the very last step of my movement, frenzy kicks in, I don't have to roll gfi to hit again. Now, if I'd gfi just to hit the first time, I have to roll gfi to hit the second time as well. That's been my experience.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

my opinion is as such... saw this in an ancient White Dwarf, dating back to the 180 odd... frenzy always follows up whenever a player they block vacates the square they were standing in... and this was in the old version when u could do blocks non-stop... though 7 continuous blocks were very dangerous!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: