20 coaches online • Server time: 08:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wizkid

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

does the chainsaw +3 armor bonus goes together with other injurie bonuses, like RSC, dirty player etc.?
tassel

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the saw is used on its own (e.g. the player with claws on his hands is holding the saw that does the damage), the claws or other sharp thingies don't take the effect. Goes with the DP too, even if you know how to kick where it hurts you're not kicking with the saw.

Sorry.
Weezel

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

While that makes a certain degree of sense, doesn't it contradict the rules? I.e. - when a player fouls when holding a running chainsaw they get +3 to the armour roll, when a player fouls and has the DP skill they add +2 to the injury roll... the chainsaw rules don't say that other skills are excluded because the chainsaw is being wielded. It could be argued that for blocks you wouldn't get the bonus from RSF because that is for when a player is knocked over from a block while the chainsaw skips the block itself, but there isn't any reason why you couldn't get +2 to the injury from DP while using the chainsaw.

Weezel
Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

there is always someone that goes and spoils things by reading the rules....

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think in the current lrb additions to armor or injury rolls do not stack. Other skills are handles diferently. This changes in the current vault rules.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There are no rules in the current LRB for handling chainsaws and claw because it can't happen Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

right, but a person who knows where to foul will know where to slice someone open so dp should still apply, while claw cant, and rsc shouldnt because of the afformentioned being used on a block

Goodbye Cusi
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree, i'm sure a dirty player would know exactly where to stick a chainsaw for maximum effect Twisted Evil

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The pages with the descriptions of all the skills start with a little introduction. In that introduction it says that skills which add to a roll do not stack.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought in the BBRC ruling when they changed piling on they made it so that Claw and MB stack, or RSC/MB.... Maybe I'm confusing it with using MB on BOTH players in a multi-block, which IS correct.

Also, I'm almost positive that if a guy with Claw knocks a running chainsaw to the ground it IS +5 to the armor. So they DO stack in that way.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

What you're thinking of is claw + piling on, for example. With the "new" PO, it no longer adds to the armor roll, so you can use claw as well, which DOES still add to the armor roll.

As far as claw on one player affecting a different player with a running chanisaw, I'm not sure. You may well be right.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw + DP does stack, however the client uses DP on the armour roll if needed first, so you cannot get the +3, +2 effect, but you can get +5 on armour from having both skills. I believe the same thing applies when fouling with a deathroller and dp.
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So, Brit, you get bonuses again for a chainsaw ASSISTING in a foul?

Or did you mean a deathroller with DP? Cuz that'd just be nasty. How can you have a dirty steamroller? Seems a bit redundant. haha
wizkid

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
here are no rules in the current LRB for handling chainsaws and claw because it can't happen Very Happy

chaos fling carvers can get RSC...
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos halflings are not an LRB race, so that possibility is not accounted for.
 Jump to: