55 coaches online • Server time: 18:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigTack

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2006 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have issues with my Netgear DG834 router and FUMBBL. As it is relativly common I wonder if anyone else uses it successfully to connect and play games?

Cheers
BT
momfreeek

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2006 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I use a DG834G. Haven't had any problems with it. Have you set up port forwarding? This shouldn't be necessary except for direct connect games anyway.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello

I am in the same case. I can't use the proxy way to play when I use the router. What do I need to set up to play with direst connect games ?

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I use the Netgear and it's just fine.

I'll tell you how to open ports tomorrow, when I have a bit more time.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

i too have a dg834g router/firewall
the basic config has been left at the defaults (nat on and 192.168.0.x lan ips with dhcp etc)
We use these a lot at work for our smaller customers and do the same. We have found it best to let the netgear pickup IP address and DNS servers automatically (i am sure you've done all this).
The only thing i can think of if you have problems playing on fumbbl is either you set something up you shouldn;t have (parental controls and the like) or maybe it is worth you getting the latest firmware from the netgear website and flashing that to see if it helps.

Still stuck then come back to us for other thoughts.

If you specifically want to open ports for allowing direct connect then say so. it's pretty straight forward if you can be bothered spending 20 mins or so setting up.

just thought of something else, do you use the windows firewall or 3rd party firewall or perhaps that S***E they call Norton internet security? it may well be this additional software affecting java on the web and nothing to do with the wonderous piece of kit that is the netgear D(amned)G(ood)834 Very Happy

Mitsu

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2007 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your help

My route is indeed set as default. Ip addresses are given by the router. I might not have to latest firmware and I'll check and will update it tonight in case.

To be more precise:

I can't spectate a game. I am connected but after, I can't download teams. Same, when I want to use the proxy, it says that I am connected but I can't download my opponent team. I guess I can connect but my router blocks the proxy.

So I would like to do direct connect games, but I know there is something to set up on my router.

I'll check extra firewall. The windows one is on.

Thanks a lot for your help guys

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2007 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mitsu wrote:
Thanks for your help

I'll check extra firewall. The windows one is on.

Thanks a lot for your help guys

turn it off. you are behind the hardware firewall in the dg834 so there is no need for the windows one to be used. I suspect that this is the cause of your issues rather than the router.

Mitsu

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2007 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I turned it off and when I want to spectate a game, here is what I have :

/80.217.22.159

Spectator trying connection...

Socket[addr=/80.217.22.159,port=8082,localport=1130]
Downloading team1...

It hangs...
My firmware is V4.01.06

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2007 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I am facing an interesting problem. I have updated my DG834v3 to V4.01.19
My router adresse is 192.168.0.1
Laptop 1 is 192.168.0.2
Laptop 2 is 192.168.0.3
I am using wi fi wep for both laptops. I can access internet successfully.
I've set up a new service called bloodbowl TCP/UDP port 8082
I 'veset a inbound service "allow" on 192.168.0.2 for any wan users.

Result : I can play using a direct connexion but unfortunatly, I can't spectate a game and I can't play a game using the proxy.

Just by curiosity, does anyone have an explanation about that ?

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

im using the same router but finding that i cant load up the game, be it playing or spectating.

all that happens is BBowl starts up with the playing screen, but the pitch doesnt loads nor the players. it tells me that its downloading team1 and gets stuck there.

i allowed the ports of 8080 - 8085 to be always allowed on my router but im still getting the same problem.

the game was working yesterday after i configured my router to do this, but then while playing today the game stopped working all of a sudden and im getting the problem ive stated above.

any ideas to resolve this ?
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

YES! I have a DG834PN.

It makes me cry tears of blood on a daily basis. It has massive problems with overheating and packet loss, and netgear support is full of renta-indians who don't speak english and only know how to say "reset it"