14 coaches online • Server time: 02:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Replays
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the best Blood Bowl version?
First Edition
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Second Edition
11%
 11%  [ 13 ]
Third Edition (common board game version)
26%
 26%  [ 31 ]
LRB 4.0
22%
 22%  [ 26 ]
LRB 5.0
18%
 18%  [ 21 ]
LRB 5.0 experimental / LRB 6.0
20%
 20%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 115

Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the mixup in the last poll.

Do you miss the board game version where a dog could run on the field and move the ball around? Are you ancient enough to fondly remember the first edition? Or do you think that the living rulebook represents the best of the game?

Vote now!
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

3rd ed.

-OK, so my Wardancer blitzes your Liner (holding the ball

--Show exactly how you move your Wardancer...

-Why?

--Just because.

-You holding a Trampoline card?

--(Blushes) No, what makes you think that?

-OK, so I obviously misdeclared my action. seeing as I didn't move my player yet I blitz your thrower.

Ahh, the endless discussions on how exactly the cards work and when to use them. Oh I miss it alot Cool

Ironik

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Second edition... With its ultra glamorous card pieces...
Very Happy ( Do i remember bad or have I seen in here a similar poll?)
Eghost

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

+2/+2 DP's with only 1/6th chance of getting sent off and elf teams with 11 old rules diving tacklers.....borked, broken and borken altogether.
Gracehoper

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted second edition. Not because it was the better version or it was more fun but because the BB universe was it's own and not mixed up with Warhammer yet, because the rules had not yet been overly simplified for slow kids to grasp and because mutations were unpredictable and FUN! That said, the games took way to long and I'm not sure I ever knew all the rules (because I was a slow kid).

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

3rd. Grudge Match + Get the Ref (preferably for both teams) + +2/+2 dirty player. Never ever experienced anything as hilarious... in bloodbowl that is...

And yes, Diving Tackle sure was a disturbed skill back then. DT ST5 holding the ball with sure hands, what could you do? ... kill the rest of the team:P
Eghost

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Get the Ref used to be a random event card and never happened for both teams as far as I remember.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

was it edition 1 who had ref skills ?, remember eagle eye was a skill, making him look closely if you foul.. the ref's race was rolled randomly..
elf to ogre..
If he sent you off, you could block him, well you could block him anyway if he was in your tackle zone, then foul him Very Happy
if he got up, he would send off the closest player, regardless of team
the ref used to move randomly, if he moved on a player he would send him off.. so usually the first thing both teams did was to get rid of the ref, just blitz and foul,
then continue to foul normally for the rest of the match.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd edition for sure. It has nothing to do with rules, which are probably better now but to do with GW's peak. Before they thought too much about sales and more about gaming.

Simply gaming was the major priority. I'd love to go back to this time, with the current rulesets. That would be the best version of fantasy, 40k and bloodbowl.

If you weren't around then, it would be very difficult to explain why gaming then was so much better.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ironik wrote:
Second edition... With its ultra glamorous card pieces...
Very Happy ( Do i remember bad or have I seen in here a similar poll?)

The cards and slotta-bases (tm) were first edition.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Second edition was the best in my opinion, with the astrogranite pitch, spell casters and dirty tackle snotlings!

Plus, the awesome rolls when taking an SPP Rookie through to seeing if he made his star rolls, then seeing what skills he got.

One of my favourite players was a dark elf that had a dislike for dark elves and refused to pass the ball to anyone (at least without passing a roll)
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to play someone who used to mark the handicap cards so he always chose the good ones... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, third edition isnt the common board game version. If you bought the game after 2003 then actually you will have something which I think is 4th edition although its pretty similar to LRB4.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Second edition!

Orc Cyborgs, the Dwarf steamroller [Hardest miniature to glue EVER] the Chaos guy with his face in his chest. Loved it all!

Best thing as well! ...WAGES!

...Dunno whay but I loved um! Love that detail!

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB 5!

I haven't looked at the next version, but 5 introduced the inducement system. Now teams that aren't matched can play more or less fairly. The current handicap system is lame. There are kick-off events that do more to affect the game than some of the handicaps.
 Jump to: