44 coaches online • Server time: 14:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The evil and tyrannical forces of Middle Earth have long since answered the call of Mordor, the luring promise of pillaging and massacre of the fairer races an all too sweet prospect to ignore.

It is a brave force that dares to turn the tide of this darkness that attempts to cut a swath across the Freeworld and whilst the gathering at the Black Gate grows stronger it seems that few Freeworlders harbour the courage to stand against them!

The Freeworld now lights the Beacons of Gondor to call out to all those of the Freeworld, to ask for assistance in combating the loathsome forces of Mordor… will you answer the call?

===

The Lord of the Rings group is due to lose it’s Elf team, Imladris Isolationists after the current tournament, Fellowship of the Rings (Season 4).

We have several Mordor teams in reserve but currently no Freeworld teams. Sad

As such we require new Freeworld teams of the following races for the Two Towers tournament (Lord of the Rings - Rules) which is set to start next month:

Human (2)
High Elf (1)
Wood Elf (1)
Pro Elf (0)
Dwarf (1)
Halfling (Hobbit) (1)
Khemri (Army of the Dead) (1)

The numbers in brackets denote the current number of Freeworld races, so preference may be given to a Pro Elf team, though not necessarily.
Teams should be of a TR between 180-200 (teams that apply may continue to play any [L] builder games to reach this cap).

Please PM me or reply here if you are interested in joining the Group.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ineed the Imladris Isolationists have taken a sabatical and withdrawn from Middle Earth to take refuge in the Last Homely House in the West. Under Elrond's wise and protective stewardship they will rest and recover from their brutal treatment suffered in the last few struggles.

It was a glorious reign of power whilst it lasted, but sadly all good things must come to an end..well at least for now Razz

Who amongst you Middle Earthers thinks he or she has the power to resist the might of Mordor...who amongst you feel they are worthy to stand in the breach that was defended by the Imladris Isolationists...most mighty of all the Elves!!!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
eisen

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Were we going to need a new Keravin as well or is he back?
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a new Khemri team already lined up in case he doesn't get his computer sorted.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sera, put me down for a human team please Smile il make a team up later today but wont apply to group until you give the go ahead Wink
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

darkwing2k6 wrote:
sera, put me down for a human team please Smile il make a team up later today but wont apply to group until you give the go ahead Wink

Feel free to apply matey - though you'll need to build them up (but you're good at that Wink ).

Not looking like we'll find an Elf team replacement, seemingly only Russo is mad enough to use them. Very Happy

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the cowardice of FUMBBL coaches is seemingly being proven by this thread....

no one wants to step up and fill the void left by the mighty Imladris Isolations ....LOTR's ONLY Elf team to date.

By the way Sera...another Human team???

Surely you cant have 3 of a team race when you have not got 2 of all the others never mind one race not filled?

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there's interest from Khemri, Human, Dwarf and High Elf teams. But I have no intention of slowing the League down for the sake of not adding a further Human team. Middle Earth did have a lo of Humans after all. Smile

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes humans are the most fecund race in Middle Earth and that was the problem facing all the elder races.

Sadly your desire for historical accuracy in maintaining racial proportions was not in place when WE were allowed to chose teams in the early days Wink

BiggieB is my idol
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

uh-oh look what ive started! sorry Very Happy
G_Force

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2009 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The evil and tyrannical forces of Middle Earth have long since answered the call of Mordor, the luring promise of pillaging and massacre of the fairer races an all too sweet prospect to ignore.

It is a brave force that dares to turn the tide of this darkness that attempts to cut a swath across the Freeworld and whilst the gathering at the Black Gate grows stronger it seems that few Freeworlders harbour the courage to stand against them!

The Freeworld now lights the Beacons of Gondor to call out to all those of the Freeworld, to ask for assistance in combating the loathsome forces of Mordor… will you answer the call?

===

The Lord of the Rings group is now recruiting again ahead of Season 5 Two Towers tournament (Lord of the Rings - Rules) which is set to start as soon as we can.

current racial representation is
Human (1)
High Elf (1)
Wood Elf (1)
Pro Elf (0)
Dwarf (0)
Halfling (Hobbit) (1)
Khemri (Army of the Dead) (2)

The numbers in brackets denote the current number of Freeworld races, so preference may be given to a Pro Elf team, though not necessarily.
Teams should be of a TR approaching 180-200 (teams that apply may continue to play any [L] builder games to reach this cap).
There is a small possibility that a team may be able to transfer if a new member specifically wanted to play an available mordor race (orc, goblin, ogre, norse or necro).

Please PM me or reply here if you are interested in joining the Group.[/quote]

Prez

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2009 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well only team that I have that would fill a slot for you is Human; Vain Violence their slightly over the TR your looking for but if accepted I'll trim them back somehow Smile

Any good for you
Prez

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2009 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to join! But somehow it is really tough getting Building games. If you can help me somehow, I would be happy to join right now!

My Pro Elves:
Guards Of The Galadhrim-Court
Bill_Vestergaard

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2009 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to join in. I got a human team, that can be trimmed if needed. Very Happy

Númenor Figthers

I would prefer the humans, but if there is no room for humans I also got some hobbits. Very Happy

People of the Shire
eisen

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2009 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoo more hobbits!
 Jump to: