37 coaches online • Server time: 18:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

unacceptable

I was browsing the new(ish) menu functions and happened upon this morsel.

I hereby announce my return to open play with a desire to build a nice fat orc team and kill this monster.

(I bear no particular grudge against Rawlf, having never played or spoken to him I hasten to add!)[/url]

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree. Gonna have to build up my [B] Orcs to go hunting for him.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

YIKES! How that player has survived 58 games & 5 aging rolls unscathed is beyond me. There must be something to being from Luckville, look at the rest of the team, lots of + attributes! 11 to be exact & a 7 ST tree, nice. I must investigate this city more closely.

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %20, %2009 - %22:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

that's a impressive elf team for B

woo.

nice going Rawlf

now, someone kill it!

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of killing that player, maybe we could convince Rawlf to "pull a PeteW" and retire all his own teams...
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

[B] must be soft!

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

what a stud.

I did see the team and he definately is my idol lol.

Elves (could) own the box...wait and see Smile
Meetgrinder

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No sidestep means his days are numbered... I foresee giant gang fouling and surfing and hordes of tackle wielding goons bearing down on him...

Then with 6Ag he'll leap through the lot of them, score again to make it 8 for the game and go back to preening his nails as blocks fail all about him :S

Give it up... he's a monster, and thus far, unstoppable... Only time he'll die is if a leap or dodge fails... and how often do 1s come up?

Oh wait... quite a lot really Smile
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
[B] must be soft!

I second that thought....hey maybe I should get in on this B action...maybe I can actually survive 3 games in a row.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is Luckville anyway?

Brettonnia?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
Instead of killing that player, maybe we could convince Rawlf to "pull a PeteW" and retire all his own teams...

Or he could pull an Alibaba and never activate the team until the first [B] major.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Plorg wrote:

Or he could pull an Alibaba and never activate the team until the first [B] major.

OUCH!!!! In ALibaba's defense you could probally make a list that is very long of coaches who would impliment that underhanded tactic. Just to be fair.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the praise everybody. Smile

I have no clue why that show-off is still allowed to live after so many games in the Blackbox, but i wish you all good luck blocking, tackling, clawing and dp-fouling him to injury and death! It would be a tragedy to see him retired after aging instead of being slaughtered by a furious mob. He will leave the team one way or the other, but i'd sure prefer if it happened with style and grace (read boot).

Also, i won't spare him for a tournament, as i'm not very eager to play in one.
Btw, i do still have my potion, so there is a chance that two of you guys get to cripple him!
And i won't retire the team as long as it has a winning record, or i would have done so after their initial match. Wink

See you on the pitch!
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ Go elves... Yes i know, if it was Ranked I'd feel dirty for saying that, but in the box any team that isn't one of the orc/chaos/dwarf/khemri/c.dorfs majority deserves cheering all the way.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:
Plorg wrote:

OUCH!!!! In ALibaba's defense you could probally make a list that is very long of coaches who would impliment that underhanded tactic. Just to be fair.

Apologies for jumping in on a topic that has nothing to do with me (not playing [B], and all), but I see absolutely no parallel between if Rawlf were to sit his team until a tournament in [B] and what Ali did post birthday (and PainState is right, what MANY coaches have done in various ways) in [R].

On the one hand you have the [R] coach that's cheesed his way to a good team via method x (be it birthday spam, picking, etc) and parks his team such that it will never take proper damage and can compete in every high TR Cup he chooses to enter, not a level playing field, and on the other you've a bloke that's played a bunch of games chosen for him by a bot, and has a handsome team at the other end. Now; he might have been randomly dealt easier games, he might have played more or less than whatever team he draws in round 1 of the high TR cup, but no two teams will ever be equal in the box, especially with the lower participation.

Frankly, so long as the system of scheduling never changes, any coach with a [B] team should be able to park his team any time he likes for whatever Cup he likes, I can't see the cheese in it. His team is built the same as any other, surely? I don't play [R] big cups very often at all because of the teams they attract, it's not my bag. If I were to play [B] ones, this wouldn't bother me a jot, and trust me, I like to bash cheese wherever I see it!

If he sat it <i>between</i> big cups, I think you'd have a point.

I do wish they'd not called the open TR [B] cups 'Majors', by the way, any sniff of kudos will just bring lameatude out of the woodwork. Ho hum. Good luck to all!
 Jump to: