22 coaches online • Server time: 08:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
My favorite thing about Black Box is....
its blackness
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
its boxiness
53%
 53%  [ 17 ]
nothing becasue I hate the box!
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

stej

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Current disconnection policy requires you to wait 15 mins for the opponent to show up. Current BBox draws are done every 15 mins. Playing multiple games at once is generally frowned upon from comments I read.

Consequently, one could end up being scheduled, your opponent is a no show and thus have to wait 15 mins until you can have the match voided. As a result you would miss the next draw and could end up waiting for 30mins total to get a game.

Whilst you can always activate other teams it could result in a multiple game scenario if your opponent comes back after 14 mins say.

So, would it be possible to adjust the disconnect wait time to 10 mins while the BBox draws are done every 15 mins?

Also, when support tickets etc are filed. Is a log maintained of unreliable coaches (and penalties applied) or could someone abuse the system?
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
So, would it be possible to adjust the disconnect wait time to 10 mins while the BBox draws are done every 15 mins?

Also, when support tickets etc are filed. Is a log maintained of unreliable coaches (and penalties applied) or could someone abuse the system?

This has already been done, as i understand it, admins are quite willing to deshedule after 10 mins

Also, to paraphrase kryten, admins 'pass notes' about unreliable coaches.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

BlackBox games can be unscheduled after 10 minutes if there is a 'no show'. We do keep track of who is not showing to take actions if needed.
stej

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Huzzah! So all is well in the world of the Box. Thanks for the responses
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
stej wrote:

This has already been done, as i understand it, admins are quite willing to deshedule after 10 mins

Also, to paraphrase kryten, admins 'pass notes' about unreliable coaches.

Nice, once my internet and modem told me "stop" when i tried download a client to play sheduled match, After restart modem and browser plus download the client it was 25 mins. I'v joined to the match and played one turn, but my opponent told me, that match can't be uploaded because he desheduled it, but he still have been in the game. I have not idea why. Imo my opponent knew, that i have some problems with connection, but he won't play vs me and used my connections problem to desheduling match. That's all.

Christer told me, that there are matches each 15 mins and no more wasting of time other coaches right ? But my opponent waited on me and after desheduling match he even didn't activate team again.

So there is a way to avoiding matches, if you won't play vs the dwarfs then don't showing up.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

@Spiro, if you feel like not showing up, be ready to face the penalties, those won't be light. Better think twice before you suggest some thing idiotic like that.
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
@Spiro, if you feel like not showing up, be ready to face the penalties, those won't be light. Better think twice before you suggest some thing idiotic like that.

@Woodstock, i don't feel like i will not showing up OKAY? It was only digression. I wrote, that i had problem with my modem and my opponent desheduled match. You have read wrong section.

Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
So there is a way to avoiding matches, if you won't play vs the dwarfs then don't showing up.

What did I read wrong about this sentence? You suggest that not showing up is a way of avoiding certain match ups. I pointed out that it is idiotic to believe that some one could do that without getting punished.

I never said any thing about your modem or issues with your internet.
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I know, you just picking up some digression that is more interesting for you than my problems. I wrote, that it's possible, that my opponent used my connection problems to deshedulling match, but you can't see this.

edit: yeah, interesting is only this what you are choosing, i hope there will be more issues with the internet connection.

Last edited by spiro on %b %03, %2011 - %17:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Your personal problems are not interesting no (this thread is not about you, is it?). Besides that, your opponent followed the rules, case closed.
 Jump to: