68 coaches online • Server time: 19:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

This might be career suicide, but here goes...

I've noticed that not only is POMB overpowered in LRB6, but it is here too, on the forums. Seems to me that it is all too frequent for new, and sometimes old players, to get downed and piled on. If that doesn't work they get group fouled, and it just isn't very conducive to bringing in new faces, and sometimes, keeping the ones we've got here.

I'd like to suggest that the forums, at least some of them, are flame free zones. Many forums have these, and they usually work very well. Ideas and bug reports is a good one, maybe a new(bie) players forum is in order too. Under these rules on select forums, there would be a strict no trolling/flaming/hating policy. For the rest of the site, if so desired, it can be business as usual.

I do get a kick out of the more humourous trolling and silly thread derailments, but FUMBBL desperately needs a newbie friendly place, and some areas where people can learn about FUMBBL and talk about ideas and suggestions without getting bullied and dumped on. I'd like to see more friendliness in here, and in return more coaches playing on FUMBBL. And save the beat downs for the pitch.
SubbySuccubus

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

At the risk of joining your suicide before my career even starts, this would have been nice for when I was new, as I avoided the forums and even playing for a long time not wanting to risk being flamed by people who thought my newbie question insignificant

Blood guts chainsaws and knives, elfs and flings run for their lives, bh, SI, RIP, LOS is the place for graves times three, journeyman they live to die, the LOS is home even ST6 on a tree is useless all alone
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with the comment about the forums, however in regards to the piling on - the damage is quite similar to old claw/RSC teams. Sure, it's easier now, but with DP nerfed and GTR fixed, the environment in fine.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Many people do not even know which forum posts are in as popular posts are linked at the top of every page.

Most roastings are of people who have been on the site a long time or are notorious from table top or other sites. Wink

The site is not going to do anything about it.

The first couple of responses may well be from idiots if only because a helpful response requires more thought. The idiots are dang quick. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I do get a kick out of the more humourous trolling and silly thread derailments, but FUMBBL desperately needs a newbie friendly place, and some areas where people can learn about FUMBBL and talk about ideas and suggestions without getting bullied and dumped on. I'd like to see more friendliness in here, and in return more coaches playing on FUMBBL. And save the beat downs for the pitch.

there is a place to learn about FUMBBL and talk about ideas and suggestions...it's called the "ideas & bugreports" forum & the "tactics & strategy" forums...

additionally...remember a long time ago when meech scanned through the entire forum, and never once found an instance where a "newb" was treated poorly, unless they opened up with their own level of vitriol?...

yeah...guess what? that still exists today...

i still have yet to figure out where people come up with this idea that newbies are treated like crap on this site...

--j

ImageImage
TTS

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Newbies don't post on the forums much, they get treated like crap and fodder in game mostly, and then come into the forums bitter, where you guys retaliate.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

um. what?

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Chavo wrote:
Agree with the comment about the forums, however in regards to the piling on - the damage is quite similar to old claw/RSC teams. Sure, it's easier now, but with DP nerfed and GTR fixed, the environment in fine.

I wish people would stop comparing the two. Yes C/RSC was amazing but it required two doubles and was made harder to get because of ageing. It is the ease of which everyone can get CPOMB on all their players which is the problem
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Way to go OT Rolling Eyes
I must say reducing trolling in some areas might be a good idea.
As for treating new players badly that something we all need to concider.
There is already a long starting stretch for new players here due to the relativly high playing standards here making it likely they'll lose a lot in the beginning, along with having to actually learn a lot both about the client (the excellent guides help here) and the game itself.

For them to think its worth the effort they do need to find a helpful community, which I definately think they often find.

At times people do lash out at noobs though and thats uncalled for.
Being mad after losing your last game is no excuse here IMO.

If you are in a bad mood just refrain from commenting.

Seeing some of the sillier arguments on the forums likely means many noobs avoid them too, and there for I think this idea has merits.

SL
Prez

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Chavo wrote:

I wish people would stop comparing the two. Yes C/RSC was amazing but it required two doubles and was made harder to get because of ageing. It is the ease of which everyone can get CPOMB on all their players which is the problem

Agreed, there in lies the problem

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

TTS wrote:
Newbies don't post on the forums much, they get treated like crap and fodder in game mostly, and then come into the forums bitter, where you guys retaliate.

We need [A]cademy back. #FumbblAcademy should be the place for rookies to hang out.

There is an Academy forum but I don't know how many people visit it to offer responses.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, I still dont understand the difficulty in moving that division over? Couldnt all A teams just get deleted and the division get started from scratch?

But then I dont really understand these things and Woodstock has said a few times that migrating this division has many hurdles to overcome. Having never played there I just dont knwo what they are :s

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Whatball should have swapped 'newbies' for 'everyone'

There could be a lot more mutual respect here, thats for sure.

(and I'm as guilty and anyone of that...so I start showing more respect this new beautiful morning...)

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
But then I dont really understand these things and Woodstock has said a few times that migrating this division has many hurdles to overcome. Having never played there I just dont knwo what they are :s

I think I remember reading somewhere that there were vast changes planned for [A]cademy. Not sure what those changes were going to entail though, or where I read it... Razz
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Its great that the title of this thread in the recent posts is A kinder, gentler FU...