36 coaches online • Server time: 12:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Up for a BB7s pub league?
Yes, I can lead these reprobates to glory.
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No, I am already a professional coach and don't want to destroy my career.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie. I will spectate the match and eat pie.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Anzelak

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to gauge interest for a ‘pub league’ I want to run, inspired by the CBBA 7's being run on the other side of the planet and older BB7 leagues generally.

The idea is simple: we run the local pub league of a large city within the Empire.

This ragtag collection of amateurs take time out of their busy drinking schedule in the week to knock seven bells out of each other on what passes for a Blood Bowl pitch.

If there’s interest, I’ll set aside a couple of hours to design a “real ale guide” at the weekend which lays out which taverns you can choose and their "pub signs" (which will become the team badges, unless you can design better).

If you want to claim a team with your own pub name and are prepared to design the pub sign, please be my guest.

Max available teams will likely be: humans (loads), flings (2 or so), dorfs (2 or so), pro elf (2 or so), high elf (2 or so), norse (2 or so), goblin/underworld (2 or so).

Rules would be this:

#Maximum team size of eleven players. Journeymen may bring your team size up to 11 players if you are short on cash / don’t have 11 players.
# No team rerolls allowed (the 'leader' skill is permitted).
# No coaches or cheerleaders. Apothecaries are allowed (expect them to roll badly though - they're still training at college ^^).
# Bribes, babes and wandering apos may be induced.
# Only 7 players may be fielded at any time.
# No players are permitted in the wide zone at setup.
# One “lone wolf” or "little lamb" must be set up on the LoS.
# Everyone gets a free bribe. Everyone gets +1 to fouling. (because Pub League are brutal).
# Strict limit on positionals:

0-1 positions may not be purchased.
0-2 positions become 0-1.
0-4 positions become 0-2.
0-6 positions become 0-3.
Anything else is unaffected.

# At the end of a season, 'The Draft' occurs. An ‘emerging star’ or better player may be drafted by a professional team and immediately leaves your team for brighter things. The following table will be used:

3 Emerging Star 4+
4 Star 5+
5 Super Star 6+
6 Legend Automatic

Silly Rules:

# When fans are rolled for, the result is always divided by a 1,000. Because, no, 16,000 fans didn't turn up to watch you play. 16 did. 16 and a stray dog.

Any ideas on a name? Altdorf Blood Bowl Association 7s? ABBA? Lol.

I'd want a short 'league' section and an even short 'playoff' section (with a Charity Cup for those that don't qualify for the "top tier" post-season).

It'd likely be 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss but everyone scores 1 point per td to encourage high scoring.

I may consider turning on OT because it's unlikely that tavern roughians would accept 'a draw'.

Edit: Changes in bold.

Last edited by Anzelak on %b %30, %2014 - %21:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I would possibly be interested in some 7s action again! However, I have some advice, which you should absolutely feel free to ignore.

I'm not sure about the race restrictions. If its a pub league, shouldn't it either accept any team entries, or just humans & halflings (for the insane)?

In terms of league format, I'd be in favour of just throwing all the teams into a league and letting it run through. If you were keen on a cup, you could have an FA cup style competition between leagues.

One of the big draws of 7s is it is really quick to play, so for that reason I'd also be against OT.

Ok, I'm done meddling now.

Edit: By the way, I like the no wide zone players and 1 player on LOS ideas!

Last edited by gjopie on %b %30, %2014 - %20:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest to use the most developed bb7s rules.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 20:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we've tried to get 7s off the ground a couple of times quite recently too.

For your perusal, here are the most recent rules we tested:
BB7 no drafting
alternative with Drafting

If you want to ask/know anything about how these went then drop me a message.

Ta
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, thanks for the advice/links.

Quote:
Inducements:
1. Cannot buy cards, apothecary, igor, wizard, extra team training.
2. Can buy bloodweiser babe, mercenaries, bribe, star players.

The inducement rules won't work for a pub themed league. They're supposed to be bad and amateur and hiring star players doesn't fit.

However, knightsweats just made a great point:

Quote:
i wonder if no inducements is a bit harsh.
i can see a wiz is a stretch, but bloodweiser babes would seem in keeping with a pub theme?
even a passing carpenter could serve as a doctor in a pinch.

That said, I completely agree.

Babes and wandering apos are in. Bribes would always have been in.

Quote:
In terms of league format, I'd be in favour of just throwing all the teams into a league and letting it run through. If you were keen on a cup, you could have an FA cup style competition between leagues.

If you mean throw everyone into a fixed schedule, cool. If you mean open scheduling, I'm unfortunately totally against it. Feel free to commish an open league if you like, but I just don't have time for the LFG threads etc. I'd rather have a scheduled game I can set up with a time. It also appears that open scheduled leagues often don't last very long.

Quote:
If you were keen on a cup, you could have an FA cup style competition between leagues.

The problem with FA Cup style things is they're long and the people who get knocked out are inactive for ages. An end of season "playoff" with the top four teams and then various Charity Bowls, again with four teams, only take two weeks.

Howveer, if everyone's dead against some form of post-season, fine, no problem.

The only reason for race restrictions was fluff. It'd be unlikely to have chaos, orcs, etc. rocking around in Altdorf. However, again, I'm not fixed on the matter. I'd just like the theme to be pub teams made up of the punters who drink in them. That was the rationale for the races if that makes sense?

Perfectly open to any more meddling/suggestions/comments. PM or post, I don't mind Smile.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You do whatever you want. But if you ask my opinion, I can only recommend the mechanically fine version as above. If you take away anything, including inducements, then it falls apart. Fluff might be right, but mechanics should not be sacrificed. I said. Uff.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey!

I would be interested in that - what I would prefer or at least try(over a scheduled league) - is a dedicated time once every 1-2 weeks. (Not mandatory.)

The games are very fast, so its best if you can play a few in a row. Also, a dedicated time in a chat would mean more people would run into each other, even with relatively few players.

By the way, its been so long since I checked last. Is there any chance in the world we might get/be able to do - the few small client modifications desired?

Greetings all!
tattie5

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Has this league started yet? I like the sound of it. Really need to get in a league I think
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi matey. It hasn't, I'm afraid.

I couldn't seem to generate enough interest so I went along and created the EEL instead.

When I have more time I might try and stir up some interest.