26 coaches online • Server time: 02:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wun fing wich az always bovered me iz der fluff dat away fanz attend gamez. Der city o Altdorf fer example dunt mund letting in twenty odd gobbos, but dey sey no way wen 15,000 rok up.

American Football gamez are genrally 90% ome fanz an dey iz der same race! Krowd size shud be az iz but all ome fans. Koin flip determinz ome teem.

Den only away teem sufferz on frown rok an pitch invashun resultz. Riot iz changed ter bored fanz wich gives re-roll ter away teem.

Gud innit!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well..........The BB universe has always had this subtle difference. Remember the sport is so big here, that it's negated war. War between races/cities happens on the pitch (and in the terraces). So travelling supporters are 'free' to travel where they like. In short the feel of the fluff is far less serious than in the regular Warhammer world. To dive into the fluff, you need to insert your tongue firmly in your cheek first.

On top of this, these games are not thought of as home or away anymore. I.e. the days of having a home city stadium crumpled with the NAF. All these teams are touring sides now.

Lastly for non-fluff reasons, it may give one team or another too big an advantage. I think however it would be a good idea to give the 'home' team an advantage in a league that plays each team twice. Then yes! Why not?
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The kick off table is too overpowered as it is at the moment, let alone making every result favour one team over the other, so no its not good.

Translation... Dat iz a crazee fort, dunt doo it

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think blood bowl is a bit different. Sure each team has their hardcore fans but I always felt the stadiums were mostly filled with neutrals there to have riots and enjoy the mayhem.

Also remember this work isn't exactly the same as warhammer. War has almost completely disappeared from the world and the organised violence of blood bowl has taken its place.

In your example maybe the humans allow the goblins free passage in to the stadium so they can later kick the snot out of them in a ritualistic sort of way, not too dissimilar to how football hooligans pre arrange fights. Though with blood bowl the fighting takes place in the stadium.

I think it's 2nd ed that talks about the fans quite a bit and explains this stuff a bit better.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
To dive into the fluff, you need to insert your tongue firmly in your cheek first.

This sounds really dodgy. Wink

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Jump to: