48 coaches online • Server time: 19:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which of these features would you like to see?
Custom Skill Categories
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Custom Skill Costs
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Both
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Neither
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Custom Pie!
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21

Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2016 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

In light of the skill costs & TV debate, I'd like to see an option, in custom leagues, where we can create custom skill categories. This way you could bring back 'traits' by creating a new, separate, skill category that's customized for each positional or race & require doubles for that new category. Then at least you could hike up the cost to 30K per 'trait' or whatever you decide to call the new category. And you'd be custom choosing which skills YOU feel need higher costs within YOUR league. To a point anyways.

It's certainly not a complete fix as it wouldn't really be fair, IMO, to require doubles for something like 'dodge' on an elf team just to hike the cost of blodge to 50k from 40k. So I'd also like to propose a custom way to assign costs on skills as well. Ideally we would use these two new features, together, as a better approach to balancing skills & their effectiveness in game as well as their respective TV costs.

Thoughts Question Discuss Exclamation

Edit: If this were to happen, we could create a general guide to 'true' skill costs
so the public would have a starting point, to base things on, in their own custom leagues.

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %03, %2016 - %21:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2016 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Customize everything!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2016 - 21:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I requested this in Christer's original Cl thread. It's on the list but not high up as I think it's quite hard to achieve. Would be great though.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2016 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd much rather like to see customizable SPP next. The ability to build a real custom player with the current ruleset.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2016 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
I'd much rather like to see customizable SPP next. The ability to build a real custom player with the current ruleset.

Huh Question Question Question

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2016 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and if I could add injuries to players that would be the perfection.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2016 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

You do realize that custom SPP's are already live don't you Question Question Question

But in the case that I'm not understanding you...explain please.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2016 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:

You do realize that custom SPP's are already live don't you Question Question Question

No! No! I don't realize that!
But if it's true that would be great news. But no, I do not know that and continue to be in denial / do not believe it. Please verify.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2016 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Nightbird wrote:

No! No! I don't realize that!
But if it's true that would be great news. But no, I do not know that and continue to be in denial / do not believe it. Please verify.

Create a rule-set within the new custom league setting. Click on the 'team settings' tab. Under that tab you will see a choice for 'skill progression'. Under that drop down menu you will have 4 choices, one of which will be 'custom spp's limits'. Wallah Exclamation

NWABL Custom1

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2016 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Both would be fun and would help with anyone that wants to playtest certain rules changes.

To get a enough people to agree on a custom list to form an ongoing league though, that would be priceless.

If you're interested join the Fringe
 Jump to: