41 coaches online • Server time: 09:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Torellion_Hawkwind

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Some games can get very bloody, and you may wind up losing lot plays you cant replace so easy (as result of SPP etc)

how about a COSTY system which dont remove dead players from you team but leaves them in as part your team, then you have option to 'bury' them, or revive them.

Cost should but MUCH higher than just buying new player, AND preportionate to the SPP so it might not be entirely worth it.

But least it mean agile vs bashy teams be more viable option
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

um, without sounding rude. We didn't make the game, and we can't change it. You may want to try a few more games before deciding that bashy teams are so much better (or just avoid using ridiculously priced wood-elves) Wink

Edit:: I just checked your profile, and you haven't played a game on Fumbbl yet.... you really should probably wait to make sggestions Smile

Last edited by Macavity on %b %01, %2005 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
InkRose

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In short: wrong forum. FUMBBL doesn't make the rules of the game, the folks over at http://www.bloodbowl.com do. But I'm afraid this sort of thing just isn't too likely to happen anyway.

EDIT: ah, right. was typing tired. thanks for the correction.

Last edited by InkRose on %b %02, %2005 - %10:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
thesquig

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Its www.bloodbowl.com without the dash in the middle. Thats the official site anyway.

mattchaos

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
um, without sounding rude. We didn't make the game, and we can't change it.

And houserules ?
No houserules on Fumbbl ? I can't believe it Smile
Anyway if you think that this particular house rule won't be accepted here you may be right, but if I was good enough and have enough time for it, I'll make a web league were this kind of things would be possible as an option ...

Sadly it's not the case ... Crying or Very sad
xlars

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Macavity When have you been long enough on fumbbl to make suggestions? I just like to know so that I dont brake any rules in case I at one time would like to suggest something. Smile
/XL

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Luckyly we dont have it... think about all those ludicrous players we would have running around .... aleast now some of them die or get ninggled by ageing....
-Buur

Last edited by Buur on %b %02, %2005 - %12:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

N00bs.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. Yeah, suggest something by all means. But if it sucks, don't be surprised if a few people post a few 'suggestions' of their own Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

mattchaos wrote:
Macavity wrote:
um, without sounding rude. We didn't make the game, and we can't change it.

And houserules ?
No houserules on Fumbbl ? I can't believe it Smile

Unfortunatly the only houserules are in stunty... (nuff said). Its an entirely different issue as to whether div x should have house rules included. I think 80% of fumbbl users would love to see a few house rules in div x. But at the end of the day, its up to the big cheese('s).

We've seen alot of suggestions lately from newish users who dont understand that their ideas for house rules will never be implimented on fumbbl. Macavity wasnt being nasty, just brutally honest. It just aint gonna happen.

Ironik

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

eh btw What about vault rules?
I reckon it could be a bit of a nightmare having a division with two different rules but
what about having any of the divisions as e.g. faction vault version and R,U with normal version?
mattchaos

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

No problem I understood what he wanted to say, but he said it wrong, that's not "we can't change it" but "webmaster doesn't want too change it even for one particular division".
Concerning the house rule, for me javaBB itself needs some house rule, having to use stand firm or dodge every time for example. And as Fumbbl is using only javabb for the matchs, this is a house rule.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Experimental rules should be in DivX I think.

Can't wait for the new Nutgle team to be available. finally a playable Nurg-team...