43 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rainbowsoldier

Post 22 Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

A good point raised in the "Are dwarves too Strong" thread"

Compared to other teams, Norse can become very weak when they reach high TRs. Any ideas on how to help me bolster mine or change this so Norse can benefit later in TRs. Possibly allow them to get ST skills as a non-double roll?

*This thread was inspired by Optihut*
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse were the first team forced into retirement by my flings. Poncy Buggers the lot of them!

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse are good enough i think, I just would like to have different stats on them like a little faster Catchers, find it kind of boring with 6337(amazons as well)
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If you changed how norse were at the start trying to make them better in the long run, by say making them av 8, then they would be too good at the begining and people would complain about that. It's really a double-edged sword: you try to change them and it creates more problems, but leave them as they are then the current problems are still there. My solution would to make them have access to ST skills like you said above and not give them av8, since with av8 they would be more like a human team, only every player has block. With the ST skills, they could have skills like guard, enabling them to take on the ST4 or ST5 player teams without the daylights getting pounded out of them as bad, though AV7 would still hurt.

Don't drop the soap.
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. Very Happy (If there was a poll I needn't have posted Wink)

Most of the non-original team lists are much more poorly designed than the classics. Not only that, some of them can even make original lists look unbalanced (eg Amazons and Norse make Dwarves look too strong to some; Khemri and Necros make Undead look too weak to some).

My advice: stick to the classics - if you try something else, expect to feel under-/over-powered quite frequently.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

That Pac is pretty smart for a wet-behind-the-ears type. Wink Play humans and Orcs for a while, and see how bad/good these other guys are. You'll find they aren't.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... I'd say no. They are pretty good early on, and yes, they aren't too good later on, but many teams aren't.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, norse rule at lower tr's

and are still playable later on
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The ONLY change I'd consider for norse is giving Blitzers ag access as well. but other than that, norse just suck.

Some teams are better than others. I play flings for fun, and love winning with em. But they're inferior to pretty much every other team.

If you really don't like that, you should consider broadening your horizon and playing a different race! (amazons are one step up, humans 2 steps imho). Both of those races play (somewhat) similar and are a bit better in the game itself.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse do better in table top tournaments....dirty player is their best friend. Get about 3 of them and you'll compete in the CAS department...especially with some Mighty blow / piling-on blitzers/minotaurs and a few guard or dauntless lineman. Also, they get hurt alot but are cheap to replace and already come with the one mandatory skill needed....block.

constrained by the politics of ranked division here on fumbbl....yes...they tend to fizzle at higher TR

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

linos: tackle+pro or dirty player, later shadowing or block pass, strip ball to one, kick to other...
catchers: dodge+sidestep, later block pass+shadowing+tackle or even leap, strip ball
throwers: sure hands+accurate+safe throw, then dump off or hail mary
blitzers: migthy blow+guard+tackle, then piling on and pro
minotaurs: guard+breack tackle and even piling on
plenty of RRs
crowdsurfing, fouling and good chances in 1d blocks against stronger teams
and that's without doubles or stat increases

they are not a truly good team on the long run because theyr stats are not very good, but if you try to focus on skill play that's 1 skill of advantage for you against most teams, exceptions are dwarves and zons, but the latter ones have great problems at high TR if you have many tacklers, like norses use to.

or you may just play Dark Elves Smile
Buur

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

NO!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

of course not

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse are a good starting team for gamblers, since the 1dice blocks are less prone to fail. So even when they are outnumbered, which can easily happen because of av7, they have penetrating power.
I would prefer the ogre not the minotaur as big guy, in a norse team. 4 frenzied blitzers have already enough ferocity.

Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

generally speaking the races in BB are very well balanced

STOP TRYING TO CHANGE A VERY GOOD GAME

if it ain't broken don't try and fix it! Jervis Johnson please take note!

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
 Jump to: