28 coaches online • Server time: 07:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the group admin decide wich teams go in wich qualifier?
Yes, my fragile skaven won't stand a chance.
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
No, my killer orcs would love some nonbashy skaven in the dark quali.
39%
 39%  [ 15 ]
I don't see your point dude. (its too open for abuse)
50%
 50%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 38

Hindsberg

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't be the only one that sees a problem with this.
As far as i am conserned take fx amazons, they are in the light gruop. They can flush most teams and be very very bashy, i know they have light armor, but can still make quite an impact. Then you have skaven in the dark group. They can be very very bashy vs elf teams, but some develop thier skaven team different, with out killer skills at all. So if they join that group, they will just be kanon fodder.
My point is, why not let the gruop admin (Mezir i think it is) decide what teams go in wich qualifier. Then he can determaine wether they are bashy or nonbashy and should go to dark or light.
I am totally on my own with this?

Let me know what you think.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

my opinion: dark should be "evil races" and light "good races". Thus I think darkies should move on dark.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point, if the fluff that is ongoing now should be complete.
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sk8, by your reconning do you think pure dwarves should move to light?
Curro

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Sk8bcn. The "light" group should be for good races. Dwarves are "good" (though they kill as hell), so move them to the light group. And move darkies to the Evil group.
JB

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

every team can be bashy or rather have a strong emphasy on a cas-intensive game. i think various examples of pro elves and wood elves having a lot of DPs have proven that even those races can play a bashy style game. same goes for chaos teams (and other in general rather bashy teams) who dont have to choose claws or RSC at every double. therefore i dont see a totally fair possibilty to split the bashy and non-bashy teams for such a tournament.

and yes the possibility you mentioned hindsberg could solve this. but then again i think that a group admin who sorts the teams in two groups for this tournament would lead to even more problems. i.e.: why are my skaven with just one claw in dark and his pro elves with two DPs in light and so on. furthermore i think that this would be a lot of work for the group admin or whoever would do that - not just looking through the teams, but also handling all those people who dont agree with his decision.

all in all i think that the UI system isnt "fair" for a lot of teams - some will get an easier start, some will have it harder. but i also think, comparing the UI with other majors, that there isnt too much of a difference between having an unfavorable group for your team in UI (dark or light) or having bad luck with the seeding in another major tournament.
and after all judging from my experience from major ITs it will be a lot of pre-tourneypicking in the IRC too. i.e.: if you see that there are busko, deathgerbil and naama (and a few others with teams like them) hanging around waiting for an IT to start, you might want to wait for the next IT. same goes for light btw i just used this as a more obvious example.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

OldBugman wrote:
Sk8, by your reconning do you think pure dwarves should move to light?

accordingly yes.

Or dwarves goes light, darkies to dark

Or skaven goes to light

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven are evil
RagingGoblin

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

my chaos arent evil just misunderstood so maybe they should be moved into the light group??Wink
Flix

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

My skaven will kick out some Orks, Chaos and CDs Twisted Evil
Buur

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I heard Naama talking about his chaos team RhazgulĀ“s Judgement should play in the light qualifier because they were absolutely non bashy!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

About bashiness: Skaven can get claw and rsc and very often do. Thus they can't really complain about being in the Dark group.

About teams in light and dark: High Elves hate dwarfs and think they are evil. Dark elves pose as other elves to get an easy qualifier (hey, it's not like they have ID cards, or that Dark Elves have never posed as non-dark elves before...).

In my opinion any split-up into two distinct groups would cause a fuss for one reason or another, but this one is the one we're using.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
About bashiness: Skaven can get claw and rsc and very often do. Thus they can't really complain about being in the Dark group.

About teams in light and dark: High Elves hate dwarfs and think they are evil. Dark elves pose as other elves to get an easy qualifier (hey, it's not like they have ID cards, or that Dark Elves have never posed as non-dark elves before...).

In my opinion any split-up into two distinct groups would cause a fuss for one reason or another, but this one is the one we're using.

why not using the "incredible" fluff from Tempest of Chaos campain.

Light: every race except chaos

Dark: Chaos

GAVIN THORPE RULLLLEEEZZZZZ

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefere to have dark races such as Dark Elfs in Dark Qualis(in that Case skaven deserve to be there too) but anyway lets take it as it is. Looking forward to the Cup;-)
Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I'm concerned all other races are "evil" (ie they think they are better than us).

Go humans!
 Jump to: