59 coaches online • Server time: 15:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pro Bloodlustgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard needs to be next to opponents. If he was next to me, I'd kill him Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Guards only need to be net to opponent in your own turn. Smile
Slemfakiren

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2006 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get the dauntless part with catchers.
For blitzing ball holder reasons only?
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2006 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you could use them to take down a Big Guy with a single assist, for whatever purpose, be it punching a hole to the ball carrier, or simply knocking the big fugly down so you can foul him into oblivion. Or knock down whatever obnoxious Claw/RSC/Block/Tents Chaos Warriors might be trying to kill off all your players and foul him into oblivion. You get the idea

Also, Dauntless puts that Catcher on even keel with any other ST 3 player on the pitch, 99% of the time (well, on his team's turn, anyway), which makes him useful at the start of a drive (he makes a block first turn from the LOS, and come turn 2 is in perfect position to be the middleman in the old elven run-pass-run-handoff-catch-TD routine).
Laviak

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2006 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd either take +ma, or dump off .. since he already has NoS, you don't *really* want him to become a hitter. That said, I would've taken dauntless on the first double and would be taking something else on the second (maybe jump up?).

Edit: urg, i see he's niggled ... don't hold onto him for too long! (LoS fodder may be the best use for him now...)

Buur

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2006 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

i would never have taken nos on first double but now you have i would take dump off on second.
-buur

Jump to: