85 coaches online • Server time: 20:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to do with the Ninjas?
Keep the team as is
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Sack the AG 3 guy
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Sack the niggled catcher
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Sack both the AG 3 guy and the niggled one
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
Pie
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Sack all three catchers and score with the lineelfs
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Dump TR/TS as much as possible, then work your way up again
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 29

hauge

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My royal Ninjas have gotten into a bit of trouble, and I can't figure out, what to do about them, so I would like som advice.

The team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=216594

My problem is, that my catchers - which I love - have been clipped in the last couple of games. I'd like to loose the -AG guy, since he is a lot less usefull, when he can't dodge very well. But I also have a niggled long range ball-retriever, who might deserve to be retired. The problem is, that I only have 12 men, and loosing a player doesn't sound very nice - but my TR/TS is very high, which means, that I often find myself overpowered playing teams with the same TR/TS as me.

Should I dump my TR/TS my retiring both of my catchers, thus playing teams, that aren't so high up, but doing so with only 10 players? Or should I stick to this team and replace as i get the money to do so?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd dump every injured player but the -MA, cherrypick for a few games, then you'll be right as rain.

Like you said, higher TR = playing more dangerous opponents, and also getting less money.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would he dump the MB/guard wardancer?

Get rid of the -ag catcher though. He has most spp in the team and no doubles and also a very bad injury for a catcher. That should lower your tr by 27 points. I think that should be enough if you play soft opponents.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion is:
Keep it as it is right now and buy a lino after the next match. Then when you´ve earned money enough sack the -ma catcher and replace him with a fresh one.
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I initially voted that you should sack all three Catchers, but actually think that you could keep all the injured players (for the time being, at least) so long as you use them differently (ie - not for scoring). Each of them is in his own way a really useful utility player, and could be very handy for setting up the Linemen to score. Also, it's never a bad thing with Wood Elves to have a few players who you don't mind if they die ... you can use them for man-marking without getting anxious, and you can dump them on the LoS on 'dead' turns at the end of halves.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted to sack both the niggle and the ag3. But I should then add play my Replacements. They are also in rebuilding and could use a game vs 10 or so elves (I think I have 9 or 10 right now)
Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop the nigler.... then start getting new linemen and put skills on them and not the -ag wardancers... and use those mainly af blitzers.
-Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sack the Ag 3 guy and the niggler. That way you will get down to a much more managable position then you should work to replace the wardancer (unless the 51SPP roll brings something good) and then finally the -Ma catcher. That should in my opinion be the order you get rid of players, how quickly you replace them depends on other injuries and how few players you are willing to bring to each game (atleast 10 in my opinion).

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It always depends on what you want to do. I prefer maxing the roster, so firing players isn't really an option.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't get how the most popular option is to go below 11 players, that can never be benefincial for the next match.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well - i've just played another match with the team (and won, amazingly enough) - but the result was, that my niggler got -ag and a miss next game - he's gotta go now i guess... Following him into retirement will be the -ag catcher, as he is tying up too much TR... Thanks for all the advise.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
I can't get how the most popular option is to go below 11 players, that can never be benefincial for the next match.

Simple, if he drops those two players will he loose some odd 35 Str and Tr which drops him down to somewhere around 180 which contains alot less powerful teams than the 210 level he's at now.

Jump to: