40 coaches online • Server time: 18:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Well smashyahelmut, there's nothing wrong to roleplay.
If you act as bad guy, though, you should be prepared to read your nick on several black lists. Smile

This is my point
i love playing this game and i think anything gose if its in the rules go for it
if you can kill my pixles be my guest
but dont blacklist me for it

this is not a evil thing its just the game
why never play me again and damage my chance of playing other with a social convention thats not in the spirit of the game?
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
I never get tired of mentioning this story: The match was Elves versus Chaosdwarves. The CDs had been fouling the whole match long, then stalled to the final turn and then set up with Bullcentaurs on the edge of the line, so that in the last round my elves could neither score nor efficiently block some linefodder. Quite logically I blitzed one of the bulls. The other guy said "gg", but I wasn't done yet. I surrounded him and fouled the bull for a niggling injury - the just punishment for a game of fouling and stalling. The other coach whined about how unfair turn 16 fouls are and that he would never ever play me again. Of course he still offered to play my elves with his DP loaded Khemri team a few weeks later, but refused all sensible matchups.

Usually I won't start the fouling war, but once the genie is out of the bottle, I don't see why I should put it back in on turn 16.

i like your style all fare in blood bowl
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i mean i just played a game where i asked the coach arnt you going to foul me

he turned around and wiped my elf to kingdom come

i want to see blood

its what i live for

the name of the game is blood bowl lets stop acting so tecnical

and kill somthing someone
just make it go splat
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

smashyahelmut wrote:
vanGorn wrote:
Well smashyahelmut, there's nothing wrong to roleplay.
If you act as bad guy, though, you should be prepared to read your nick on several black lists. Smile

This is my point
i love playing this game and i think anything gose if its in the rules go for it
if you can kill my pixles be my guest
but dont blacklist me for it

this is not a evil thing its just the game
why never play me again and damage my chance of playing other with a social convention thats not in the spirit of the game?

There is no easy answer to your "Why". But it may be unwise to ruin your reputation, since fame is hard to regain once it got tainted.

smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

look last comment before i go

alls fare in love and war
the game is just for fun
the rules are there
use any means possible to win or kill
but have fun

i hope i can still get a game tommorow
your right its not worth lossing games over

ill probly submit insted of attack
i just think its a lesser of two evils

Last edited by smashyahelmut on %b %07, %2006 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I just don't get it.

Losing players (it shouldn't but it does for most people) make people sad, angry, whatever - negative emotions anyway.

Fouling on last turn can cause the opponent to lose players, while it gains you (usually) nothing.

So you want to make your opponent unhappy because he made you unhappy? That's childish really. "I didn't get any fun, so you shouldn't either!" *cough* Mafia *cough*

I do get your point about roleplaying and fouling when possible - but if it's just gonna make your opponent unhappy, is it worth it? I don't foul unless to win matches (some exceptions), and I don't like to make my opponents unhappy.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Fama! Did you like the song?

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

awesome!
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Fama wrote:
I just don't get it.

Losing players (it shouldn't but it does for most people) make people sad, angry, whatever - negative emotions anyway.

Fouling on last turn can cause the opponent to lose players, while it gains you (usually) nothing.

So you want to make your opponent unhappy because he made you unhappy? That's childish really. "I didn't get any fun, so you shouldn't either!" *cough* Mafia *cough*

I do get your point about roleplaying and fouling when possible - but if it's just gonna make your opponent unhappy, is it worth it? I don't foul unless to win matches (some exceptions), and I don't like to make my opponents unhappy.

thanks for you comments
i can see not everyone want to kill and mame
for me thats fun
i dont get upset when my guys die
i just laugh
ha that guy tried and killed him self
ha that troll ate that gobbo
ha you got one back on the last turn
Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:

Yes! It was very good. Sadly I don't know the song.

Also, I think it would be the optimal situation if everyone could laugh at their own players dying too - but sadly, I think that's not possible.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ver 8.6
is also a good example of what im talking about how much more blood is on the pitch now at the end of the game
people are out for blood
its what excites the fans
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't know the song???? Where are you from? Finland??

Smashy, I think that I would love to play you, but there is a big difference between a CAS fest all match that keeps going to the end, and the resentful, out-of-the-blue revenge foul that some here are discussing.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:

you rock

fama
i agree with you but i have hope that we could live in a world that laughed when a player died

especialy when its funny

like when he trips and kills him self one square off the winning touch down and you used a reroll and a appo and he gets raised from the dead fro the other team

i mean come on thats funny man
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to roleplay - play D&D or something.
If you want to play a cool strategygame - play Bloodbowl.

But if you wanna ruin someones good time by being a poor looser (usually a reason for the 16th turn foul, perhaps not from you) - play something else somewhere else.

We really aren't here to 'excite the fans'. We're here to have fun.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

smashyahelmut wrote:
ver 8.6
is also a good example of what im talking about how much more blood is on the pitch now at the end of the game
people are out for blood
its what excites the fans

all in all you have replied to your own thread far to often . Unless you have something really intresting to add or someone replys to you directly spaming your own thread in an attempt to make your thread seem more important is pretty lame Smile .
Please concider this before adding more drible to your already wet post .
 Jump to: