54 coaches online • Server time: 19:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you a proud Rank player?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 49 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
R VS B...again?
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Wait I thought it was B VS R...Iam confused.
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
PIE
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 102

licker

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Kelkka wrote:
Pretty bad behaviour to hijack PainState's thread, derail it and start talking smack to everybody participating. Learn some manners.

I'm assuming this is directed at fouly. I agree, he does need to learn some manners.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it's spelled with a "W".

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Kelkka wrote:
Pretty bad behaviour to hijack PainState's thread, derail it and start talking smack to everybody participating. Learn some manners.

Actually this is "par" for the course with one of my threads. It usually has two or three hijackings, a small brush fire, one or two attacks on my sanity and then off we go. That is usually page 1-2....we dont get into the "meat" until page 4.

I need to come up with my grand epic thread that will have 50+ pages, 15,000 views, 9 hijackings, 17 flame war attacks on my "thinking". A grand posting of titanic legend.

I will retreat to my cave and contemplate.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Kelkka wrote:

I'm assuming this is directed at fouly. I agree, he does need to learn some manners.

Laughing

Honestly licker, you gave RO a condescending reply for not having played for 3 months. And you don't see how that is elitist and rude?

Want an example?

licker wrote:
RO is another case all together. As you haven't played a game here since September...

So this was not at all a "who cares what you think" reply? Really?

As for derailing PainStates thread... Well... as obvious troll threads go, he'll surely be happy with the end result Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey now wait one minute sir!!!!

Troll thread? Iam insulted beyond comprehension of what you mean?

When was the last time we had a good thread about anything besides the 7+ issues that keep coming up in the Box thread? The endless thread on what to do with a double or +ST? The same old round and round we go?

Which is one of the points of the original post....."We", as in Rankers, dont run around the FUMBBL bush all day rehashing the same old discussion. I figured you would appreciate a break from the norm. Instead Sir you insult me by saying my drivels are a Troll Thread and then have the audacity to get "uppity" with me.

BAH!!! I see that smurking smile....GRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PainState on %b %07, %2012 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My reply was not condescending at all. It was a legitimate quesiton to me. He answered it, I accept his answer.

He plays lots of games in some time period, then goes away for some time period. Personally I don't think that jives with what keeps a site meaningful, but as I am always careful to say (and I've said it a lot)...

to each their own

We can all enjoy FUMBBL however we chose. When larger questions come up about the community though... well, that's where you have to be a bit careful just how far you think your experience is representative of the community as a whole.

It's why I wanted more stats about about what %s coaches actually play different divisions. That's more detailed information than just saying R has the most games. I contribute to those R numbers, but honestly, if R weren't there it wouldn't detract from my FUMBBL experience whatsoever. Clearly that's not the case for someone like RO.

But the question isn't what I find good or what he finds good, it's what would have the largest effect on the community in general. To answer that, one needs to have a bit more data available than just our two individual perspectives.

Anyway, I love everyone here. I just love some of you differently than others Wink
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Hey now wait one minute sir!!!!

Troll thread? Iam insulted beyond comprehension of what you mean?

When was the last time we had a good thread about anything besides the 7+ issues that keep coming up in the Box thread? The endless thread on what to do with a double or +ST? The same old round and round we go?

Which is one of the points of the original post.....We dont run around the FUMBBL bush all day rehashing the same old discussion. I figured you would appreciate a break from the norm. Instead Sir you insult me by saying my drivels are a Troll Thread and then have the audacity to get "uppity" with me.

BAH!!!

Uppity? Is it because I called it an obvious troll thread? Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you were flamed with the most hotest of flame words, uppity, for your attitude and most definitly the wink.

To imply that the sole purpose of my post was to "troll" the community, to incite a flame war on the public forums, to revel in the madness of reading coaches go back and forth in an endless debate with no end.

My posts, as allways, are to enligthen the community at large to aspects of this game that they have not thought of before or to question the common group think that has invaded the forums at large.

So I leave you with this sir.

Wink Shocked

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I see you guys like stats. Well here are some stats for you to chomp on.

One of my bold claims was that boxers enjoy the flame war on the Box threads as much as playing.

BOX Forum
393 Topics
14620 Posts

Ranked Forum

477 Topics
14255 Posts

Ranked Forum had around a 5 year lead compared to the box forum which was not even up and running. So even though Ranked had 5+ years with no competition the Box Froum has blown up faster than a weed after a spring rain.

Thus my un challenged claim, supported by glorious stats, that Boxers are a unrully lot who would argue that the sun rises in the West, that the sky is actually putrid purple and that CPOMB is healthy and perfectly rational game mechanic but the jury is still out on that discussion. Tune in next week for the latest installment over "there".

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
My posts, as allways, are to enligthen the community at large to aspects of this game that they have not thought of before or to question the common group think that has invaded the forums at large.

So I leave you with this sir.

Wink Shocked

The aspect of "I like Ranked"? How is this enlightening? You say it every time anyone mentions any other division! Very Happy

And it's not like Ranked hasn't had debates about T16 fouling, stalling or any such thing in the past right? Just because the community has move it's whingeing to a different division...

Or is that really it? Since no one complains about stuff in Ranked anymore, you feel like you're being left out? Don't worry! You're still part of the community!

/me hugs PainState

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked being an open division is what you make of it.

If you are a spineless picker you can pester every newbie or willing vet into playing games stacked in your favour to try and build a monster team or a perfect winning record.
If you want to be competitive you can seek out the best the division has, play in smacks and majors or agree to matches not in your favour. Ideally giving those pickers a bloody nose in the process.

You can even give yourself crazy challenges like playing only dwarfs with your zons or filling the grid.

Getting a game in R does take more effort than B. I think this is a good thing as it rewards those who are fun to play and put effort into building the community. Paulhicks was never short of opponents, even though he'd often destroy teams.
When I was trying to fill the grid I relied on people I'd got to know through the WIL (proof that L is still easily the best divion) to get the halfling, goblin and amazon games for my Dwarfs.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2012 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and PainState, just so that we are clear on this...

Ranked rules! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2012 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh to ranked and box both. League is definitely the superior format (the caveat being you need to find a quality league).
 Jump to: