17 coaches online • Server time: 07:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Email

Post 1 Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

After using fumbbl for about two months now I start to get oriented in what BB rules I need to look at when I have some doubts. I found it a very big problem when I was new here to find the correct set of rules. There is the reference guide, the LRB, LRB updates, User guide, and also tons of forum threads explaining different interpretations of rules. The problem as I see it is that some of these resources are not up-to-date but afaik used by people.

My suggestions are the following:
Update the pages on fumbbl where Rules are stated, or remove them completely.
Create a resource page with a list to all official rules that apply to the game - for instance links to up-to-date reference sheets, to the LRB and the LRB updates.
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Got free time? Do it yourself Smile

Vamps Group

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you only need the Living Rule Book and the recent changes of the Rules Review. Feel free to update the User Guide with the information of those two documents.
Email

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I knew those kind of answers would come up Wink

Well, as I said I have been here two months and don't consider myself a rules oracle so I feel I'm not the right person to do it.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

if i find time then ill do it!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, i made a crappy effort at it but all the information is there! If someone is willing to tidy it up that would be great!!!

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=RuleSet
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent, you brownish robby, excellent.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that's great work and exactly what I was looking for! Thanks brownrob!

Now there's only one more thing, if I click on Rules and then go to reference sheets, these sheets are not up-to-date, and it seems that they are not "updateable". When I was new here I used those sheets a lot to check up skills or races, until I found out that they are updated. Who is able to update these sheets? I think updating them will help new players coming here to quickly find correct information.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer is the guy who can update those. They are, however, obsolete. The entire point of having the User Guide was to replace those rules pages and allow everyone to contribute, rather than dumping all the responsibility on the big C.

Thanks for puttting in the Guide, btw, Brownrob. I'll try to help format it when I get some free time and a coherent brain.

Jump to: