52 coaches online • Server time: 00:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

This is an exploration into potential interest in forming the E.L.F. League or Elves Leaving the Forest League. In response to accusations that elves are afraid to play anybody but other elves, this group is being established. There have been aborted attempts at elves playing elves and elves standing up to the EMU, this is something different. This group exists purely to encourage elves to play other races. In fact, you are not allowed to play other elves at all! Or rather, no points are awarded for playing other elven teams. Use them as often as required as recovery games, or just to play and revel in pure elvenness. But to advance in the E.L.F. you must first broaden your horizons. Elven teams of any source (ranked, unranked, faction or DivX) can participate.

Point system still to be determined (suggestions welcome), but will give heavy point emphasis to winning the match. Bonus pts awarded for every score/cas inflicted; penalty points for allowing scores/suffering undue cas. (Suffering cas is part of the elven way of life, must figure out how to work around this concept for negatives without too much point loss, lest all reports end up negative....)

Here's the key concept to the league: you are awarded points for playing a "new" race. Each team will have records kept for which non-elven races are played. Once you play a given race, you are not given any further points for having played them until you've played ALL other races once. For example, your first game is vs a skaven opponent. You can play three consecutive games vs a skaven team, but points are awarded only for the first game. You do not get points for playing another skaven coach until after you've played chaos, orc, human, etc, at least once each. After all races played (yes, to include Ogres atm, subject to debate), all races become open once more for point play.

Due to the general lack of halfling/goblin coaches, they are not required to be played as part of your cycle. However, any games vs flings/gobs count as normal, and just as normal you are not allowed to play again until all other races have been played. Games vs Kaos league count one and a half times the points; games vs EMU teams count double.

If there proves to be enough interest (like at least 4 other coaches in the positive) I'll set this thing up. It'll probably be a little labor-intensive for me at first til we iron things out, but that's fine. Interested?
Delta

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Does sound like it might be hard to keep track of things.
(but at least you might take this somewhere....unlike me and DDF with our failing Emumu group. DDF get your act together!!)

I like the sound of this. Count me in.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I've yet to play another Elf team with my Elves. Count me in.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not. I'm in.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a nice tender battered goblin team that will gleefully help you do a pokemon (gotta get em all!) on all the races. Just make sure it is early in team progression as i'm only TS 121.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=50553

Give me a jingle!

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I could go for that but there is one thing that raises a query......

Quote:

Elven teams of any source (ranked, unranked, faction or DivX) can participate.

Quote:

Games vs Kaos league count one and a half times the points; games vs EMU teams count double.

so ranked elves have a higher potential scoring possibility as they get bonuses for playing hunters that the other divs don't have access to.

If this does roll and is open to all divs then count me in for [U]

Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

...and I've got the flings!

Weeee Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds good.... all i got to do is actualy play more elves. i would like to see something like this for ALL races...

"Now that's an esophagous!"
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, looks like there's enough interest to set this thing up. Everybody who's posted here, I'll PM you the site for the group once I have it made. Might not be til after Christmas, not sure, but definitely before the new year.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Due to the general lack of halfling/goblin coaches, they are not required to be played as part of your cycle. However, any games vs flings/gobs count as normal, and just as normal you are not allowed to play again until all other races have been played.

I've got a "green" mean gobbo team that's more than willing to play 'gainst elves.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=129322
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, we're up and running now. Scores will start to be taken at midnight, 1 Jan fumbbl time. I will do my best to keep up with updating the group page regularly based on the results page, but no guarantees. Work/family committments might limit me to once a week updates; hopefully more often, but it'll also be up to individual coaches to keep track of which races they've played so they don't get surprised when their game doesn't count for points due to that race being already played. At the moment all elven coaches are welcome to join; please limit to one team at a time, until I have an idea how many coaches are going to join--I don't want to get overwhelmed! At the same time, if anybody wants to volunteer for staff duty, please PM me. Duties will consist mostly of updating whenever I am unable to do so (family vacation, etc)--I will let you know when these times will occur. Not often--I've taken all of two vacations in the last year, and one of them was a stay-at-home after the birth of my son, so I spent much of it online!

Jump to: