11 coaches online • Server time: 03:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
All valid points except maybe the Troll. There's some argument to be made to keep him around. If you do (he's a good road block, especially once he gets Guard and Stand Firm) you shouldn't really use him a lot (use: "activate") just let him hang around and keep some opposition occupied and/or lend assists.

Also, how are you ever going to spitefully pull out a tie with a OTTD if you don't have a troll and goblin?
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Badoek wrote:
All valid points except maybe the Troll. There's some argument to be made to keep him around. If you do (he's a good road block, especially once he gets Guard and Stand Firm) you shouldn't really use him a lot (use: "activate") just let him hang around and keep some opposition occupied and/or lend assists.

Also, how are you ever going to spitefully pull out a tie with a OTTD if you don't have a troll and goblin?

Good point. Although i will need a Gobbo for that. And on an orc team they see to be just fodder Smile

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Fodder that can foul and mark hapless no skill scrubs.
Prez

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I'd say do the above, bar the firing the troll. Until you more acquainted just tend to use him as a road block and only block when absolutely necessary or you get the 3D blocks.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Prez wrote:
Personally I'd say do the above, bar the firing the troll. Until you more acquainted just tend to use him as a road block and only block when absolutely necessary or you get the 3D blocks.

Honestly, the loss of TZs on a really stupid roll make it seem like even having 3d6 blocks available isn't good enough to make it an automatic choice.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Jamerson wrote:
Good point. Although i will need a Gobbo for that. And on an orc team they see to be just fodder Smile

They are fodder - 40k worth, and a bargain at that. As a mobile Assist, as one more TZ on defense, a mobile(!) cage-corner on offense, to foul toward the end of your first drive, to mark that ClawPomber for a turn (or more, if he survives), as Diving Tackle annoyance, to stunty-dodge thru traffic for the score or blitz or scoop, to possibly roll Doubles or +Stat and then become real.

Lots of coaches use them as an early 12th man, for the foul and/or emergency ballcarrier.

And OTS threat if you have a Troll.

They have their uses.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Shinomune

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

And never underestimate the power of taking down an enemy with TTM. Or the laughs when it's the Goblin who bits the dust Very Happy
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Prez wrote:

Honestly, the loss of TZs on a really stupid roll make it seem like even having 3d6 blocks available isn't good enough to make it an automatic choice.

Troll is the best big guy. End of storeh. Razz

Gobbo on Orc team is great. He's also a decent secondary carrier. (Ma 6, Dodge). Should be 12th or 13th player and gives the team great flexibiilty.

Obviously a gobbo shouldn't be part of an 11 man squad.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Troll is fun, keep the troll. He may skill up well and become great.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Troll is the best big guy. End of storeh. Razz

The troll is great value but surely the Krox would argue with which is best.
 Jump to: