41 coaches online • Server time: 16:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tmoila

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2014 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
tmoila wrote:
Wuhan wrote:
and i miss fouling on a blitz!

This should be addressed by someone in staff imo. Blatantly against the holy CRP that is held in so high esteem... Mad

Eh?

What's there to eh about?

Blitz!
The defence start their drive a fraction of time before the offence is ready, catching the receiving team flat-footed. The kicking team receives a free ‘bonus’ turn. However, players that are in an enemy tackle zone at the beginning of this free turn may not perform an Action. The kicking team may use team re-rolls during a Blitz. If any player suffers a turnover then the bonus turn ends immediately.

You are allowed to foul during blitz, but client ain't playing by the book.
delusional

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2014 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings being allowed 40 players as reserves!
"I miss stand firm meaning you dont fall on a failed dodge" -- yes that was the best. It is a shame that they don't have a skill that replaces this (ie something that cannot be taken with dodge). It would be a good skill alternative.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2014 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
koadah wrote:
tmoila wrote:
Wuhan wrote:
and i miss fouling on a blitz!

This should be addressed by someone in staff imo. Blatantly against the holy CRP that is held in so high esteem... Mad

Eh?

What's there to eh about?

Blitz!
The defence start their drive a fraction of time before the offence is ready, catching the receiving team flat-footed. The kicking team receives a free ‘bonus’ turn. However, players that are in an enemy tackle zone at the beginning of this free turn may not perform an Action. The kicking team may use team re-rolls during a Blitz. If any player suffers a turnover then the bonus turn ends immediately.

You are allowed to foul during blitz, but client ain't playing by the book.

So if it is a bug then what has that got to do with CRP or favourite rules of yesteryear?

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2014 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Random Skills ... by a long shot.

this

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2014 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
So if it is a bug then what has that got to do with CRP or favourite rules of yesteryear?

I was just correcting Wuhan's original statement. Fouling on blitz! is not yesteryear's rules but in current ruleset.

And still want answer why it isn't implemented in client.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
koadah wrote:

I was just correcting Wuhan's original statement. Fouling on blitz! is not yesteryear's rules but in current ruleset.

You could check the bugs list to see if the bug is already listed there.

If it is not then submit a bug report.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
tmoila wrote:
koadah wrote:

You could check the bugs list to see if the bug is already listed there.

If it is not then submit a bug report.

Bug is reported (by Garion, at November). But hey, since it has not been fixed in at least 2 years time, I have assumed it is intentional. For reasons only staff knows. It has also been mentioned around forums severval times and I remember comment where someone stated the client message about moving and blitzing is the reason you can't foul.

And still, I was only replying to the false statement that fouling during blitz! would be yesteryears rule.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

wow what a douche

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a ruleset issue, more of a licensing/client thing.

/hurt
Bobs

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
I've heard there were skills like, mighty blow 1, mighty blow 2, etc, that seems like it could have been fun.

Yeah good times : Mighty blow lvl 4 ,+4 to armour roll +2 to Injury roll.

And back then Dwarves had Av 10 IRC and Ogres were St 7 took up 4 squares (and 2 player slots) and were massive fun. Play was first to 2 td's. Sometimes took 3-4 hrs. Soo much blood. 2nd edition rocked.

pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
wow what a douche
\
yup

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Bobs wrote:
xyon wrote:
I've heard there were skills like, mighty blow 1, mighty blow 2, etc, that seems like it could have been fun.

Yeah good times : Mighty blow lvl 4 ,+4 to armour roll +2 to Injury roll.

And back then Dwarves had Av 10 IRC and Ogres were St 7 took up 4 squares (and 2 player slots) and were massive fun. Play was first to 2 td's. Sometimes took 3-4 hrs. Soo much blood. 2nd edition rocked.

It was exactly the same because there was a chart to see what happened to the opponent. I remember 2nd edition being very confusing. I was only 14 when I played it so everything in the world was confusing during those times.

I miss 1 St6 Mummy on a Skeleton team. I dont miss the magic points needed to keep a skeleton team alive. Some games I had 4 players. One time I could only afford my single Mummy and decided to start hiring Orcs. The Mummy only had Animosity so I could field him with any race that wasn't scared of him. It's was fun times, but long ass games and very confusing.

Another thing I don't miss was the Spy RR. Because you could carry over any cash game to game, if you didn't use a Spy you kept the cash to reuse. So Winners kept winning and losers kept losing by sheer RRs. You could make your opponent RR a pass or block. You could also erase his request of a RR by using your Spy to counteract. You could counteract ALL his RRs at the start of a game. One time my opponent showed up with 40 some odd RR Spy's. It was complete madness.

Jeffro
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Spy RR? Cool Very Happy
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You needed infinite spies to stop the inevitable Ninja Assassins and bribes!

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Get the ref. LRB4 non-nerfed version. When you get the ref, you know you get to foul all 8 turns. And when you get the ref second half too, paradise.
 Jump to: