20 coaches online • Server time: 02:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
6. Look through the list and see if [*.]fumbbl.com or [*.]www.fumbbl.com is shown in the list

No fumbbl on the list and no question asked by chrome Sad
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it, but it seems to be hit-and-miss whether the notification pops up w/ new messages or no. I can see a new message listed in header, but sometimes I get the popup, sometimes not.

(Using Firefox and XP)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Christer wrote:
6. Look through the list and see if [*.]fumbbl.com or [*.]www.fumbbl.com is shown in the list

No fumbbl on the list and no question asked by chrome Sad

now it works! nice! Very Happy
(I have no idea what I did)
happygrue

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be really great to have an auto ping displayed using this same interface if you have the box activation screen open - when activation is possible, and also after the draw has been made.

Perhaps a similar case could be made for gamefinder when someone proposes or accepts a match?

Something to think about!

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Perhaps a similar case could be made for gamefinder when someone proposes or accepts a match?

You do get a sound alert (if you have it enabled) and, at least for mozilla, my tab name changes adding a numeral with the number of pending offers. Anyhow the more alerts the better. Smile
Sainthropee

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

PacoSillas wrote:
happygrue wrote:

You do get a sound alert (if you have it enabled) and, at least for mozilla, my tab name changes adding a numeral with the number of pending offers. Anyhow the more alerts the better. Smile

In chrome, a number into a () says the number of offer matches do you have.

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Linux (Gnome / XFCE) + Firefox users can install this addon to have firefox use the system notifications (notify-osd) instead of the ungly Windows 98ish default notifications.

There's one for KDE as well (it's one of the first results when you look for "notify" in Firefox addons database).

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you please disable the notifications for conversations that are trashed? Previously it was possible to hide from the spammy league discussions by trashing them, but now they are coming up from the dead right into the Fumbbl window.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to turn it off entirely?

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 21:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you want to? I mean, if you're on FUMBBL and someone messages you why would you not want to know?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Why would you want to? I mean, if you're on FUMBBL and someone messages you why would you not want to know?

Because some people get helluva lot of messages.

so, how do you turn it off? Wink

Basically, I'd want an alert on some threads but not others.

e.g. if you have arranged a match with someone then an immediate alert when they arrive is great. But most other things can wait.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Because I already know -- it's right there in the header. But I want to see that in my own time. I don't want to be bombarded or interfered with by it, especially given that a lot of messages are basically junk that doesn't apply to me. Group stuff, that kind of thing. It just took me almost a minute to close all the notifications. It's not a huge deal, but it's a nuisance.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
krytie

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed just now after being offline for about 3 hours, 4 notifications for the same PM thread, because 4 people had replied since I last logged in. Shouldn't it just alert the most recent message in a PM?

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently, we can now disable the notifications for each PM, cheers!

However, we now get 2 different notifications at the same time: Firefox notifications (or system notifications instead with the addon I've talked about), and and semi-transparent black framed notifications like the one you have when you ready your teams. Could it be possible to let us disable the latter?

Besides that, that's a great improvement, really nice job!

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 16:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Where can you do that then? I haven't noticed a change

Last edited by mister__joshua on %b %08, %2015 - %16:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: