70 coaches online • Server time: 20:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rauvinus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

A new skill idea popped in my head. What about if you could select a skill called Aggravate. It would be some kind of counter-skill for Dirty Player (or even against any opposing player). During the game this skill allows the player to act in a way that annoys (verbally etc.) opposing players and, in some situations, forces them to focus all their attention against these annoying players.
For example a player with Dirty Player is forced to try to block and/or foul this player, no other action would be allowed. Naturally a player with Aggaravate knows he/she/it is a target for these kinds of attack and therefore wears more armour in some way. I don't mean more AV-value but modifiers from Dirty Player would be -1 or even nullified totally.

What do you think?
G_Force

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

you've been watching too many arsenal matches. that is exactly what lehman did to diouf and ljundberg did to sylvestre to get them sent off in the respective games.
If this is the basis for the skill then it should be called "run half the length of the pitch to wind someone up and get em sent off" Smile

not a bad idea for fumbbl tho. maybe it could modify the refs roll for spotting the foul rather than change the dp roll.

AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe call it "whistle blower" or something...kinda like a leader roll which the team can partake in so long as he's on the pitch, this skill will increase the IGMEOY roll by 2, as he shouts and waves to draw the attention of the ref on the illegal action, but only so long as that player is on the pitch.

Not sure how many teams will take it outside of a tournament environment--it would most benefit elves, but they're hesitant to play vs dp teams in the first place...

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Let "whistle blower" be a general skill: in the case that nothing real (foul oss) has happened, the ref looks at the team that has less whistle blowers on field.

Then let the elves use their blodge comboes to all those whistle blowers. Wink
Rauvinus

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Whistle Blower.. hmmm. Sounds a bit.. wimpy. Don't mean to offend anyone, but it does. Too much elementary school in it. Very Happy

And no, I haven't watched too much football because it is usually very boring to watch from TV. I'm from Finland and therefore more into ice hockey. Right now they have play-offs going on in finnish ice hockey league and I guess from there I got my idea in the first place.

There is one player, Jarkko Ruutu, who is definately a player with Aggravate. He plays hard and a bit dirty, verbally insults opposition and if he gets hit, he just smiles and makes some kind of comment "Is that the best you can do?" or "your grandmother hits harder that you sissy". In last game he annoyed one star player from the opposition to the point that this player just snapped and started to bash him. Fortunately Ruutu is pretty capable of defending himself in these kinds of situations also. Opposition's star player was in the penalty box for ten minutes. Very Happy

There is one more (former) finnish ice hockey player that needs to be told about. Esa "Tiki" Tikkanen. Shortly said, even the LEGEND Wayne Gretzky (the known gentleman player) was so annoyed from Tiki's verbal insults etc. that he dreamed about scoring the very last goal of his professional NHL career in way that he shoots the puck but it misses the goal. But it ricochets from behind the goal to Tiki's butt and from there to goal. Very Happy

These players are crucial to some coaches' style of play if they want to make a mess of opposition's play. Emotions are running high on the field.

"I should be concentrating to the game but there is that one guy that makes comments about me being away to play a tournament last month and the things he did with my girlfriend and my mother... I know I should be protecting our thrower but if go and very quickly teach this guy a lesson, coach won't notice and no harm will be done..." Very Happy

I guess my point is that I still kind of like my original idea (stubborn that I am).
zredna

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, nice idea I say.
Maby some thing like this: Every turn the aggrevating player ends his move in the TZ of an oposing player the aggrevating player's coach rolls a 2 d6 roll + number of trys to agrevate the same oposing player, on a 10+(+-?). If the aggrevated player responds, roll a penelty roll of 8+(+-?)
as well as for the agravating player.
Seriously I do think its a really nice Idea as I'm also a fan of Icehockey (Go Färjestad). But I dont think it is implementable in a good way. The idea above is in my opinion rather realistic but to complicated for BB.
Zredna
 Jump to: