17 coaches online • Server time: 06:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xerode

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I swear I read this somewhere, but unless I've missed it in the rules - is there supposed to be a minimum number of games between the same opponents playing a match in Ranked, wether it's the same team match-up or not?

I've turned down games in the past because of this and messaged my opponents to say why, but a few have then asked where I got this from. Am I imagining this rule?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 18:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You're correct. It's here: https://fumbbl.com/help:ranked

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
xerode

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers. I was looking in the wrong when place when trying to confirm!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll admit I've accidentally broken this rule. The matches were even back-to-back with the same teams, but in my defense there was 6 days in-between. whoops! Rolling Eyes

Most times when I throw my teams on gamefinder I'm not looking at their last played match. Also, I swear one time the system prevented me from playing a match because I had played them previously. Am I just imagining it, or what?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

1 in 10 on average. This doesn't necessarily mean you are breaking the rules by playing the same player twice in 10 games.

Remember why the rule is there, to prevent cheating and farming. If you play the same guy twice in 10 games by mistake.......then clearly you aren't cheating or farming. This is why we have human staff looking over things.

I didn't know you could play back to back with the same teams. This is a definite no no, but again see above about the intention of the rule.

I thought the system didn't allow matches to start now (as you imagined it) It used to be with the old client that the game wouldn't upload. I did this somehow with 2 teams that apparently hadn't played for 9 months!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This rule is hard to enforce and is kind of a rule of thumb. It's best regarded as a 10% rule, where you don't want to play the same coach more than, say, 3 times over 30 matches. But if you go 7 games between or something, and it's not intentional, nobody will know or care.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Now now JR, we appreciate you have your own way of clarifying rules, but don't you remember the wrist slap Kryten gave you last time?

The rule is the rule. 1 in 10 on average. Keep it simples.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I've thought about it, I believe the situation where I was prevented from making the matchup was a case of playing the same coach right after a match. Opponent had enjoyed the match & suggested a different match-up, but the client wouldn't allow it.

In the first example that was allowed I had played some matches in-between against other coaches (with teams other than the Rovers), so the system doesn't auto-detect that.

Anyhow, it is good to bring this up every now and then since it's easily forgotten, or some coaches may not be aware.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, it basically "don't abuse this" and you'll be ok

common sense applies

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The exception to this is if you are matched up against an opponent in a tournament. This happened to me once; my opponent for a SMACK final was then my same opponent for the first round of a Major qualifier. But obviously neither of us had any control over either matchup since tournaments are seeded randomly.

Jump to: