15 coaches online • Server time: 07:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 04:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think there's a lot of 'wiring' problem with this thread. Nobody is making much sense to anybody.

What you have just stated is the reason why I think it wouldn't work. Your stuff is fine in context (your ruleset). However out of context i.e. in one big pile of rosters, it'd be confusing.

I think it's my fault, sorry. I perhaps misread something up thread. I think what's happened is that we agree the OP's request wouldn't work.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is actually a stealth 'merge [R] and [B]' thread.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think there's a lot of 'wiring' problem with this thread. Nobody is making much sense to anybody.

It's the OPs fault. Mr. Green

Basically, he's proposed a solution without saying what the problem is. Wink

IMO the problem is that teams created from different rulesets cannot play against each other.

At some point teams will be able to move to other rulesets. But that is still going to be a bit cumbersome. Especially when you want a gamefinder match.

As it stands a lot of these custom rosters will struggle to get a lot of games played using them.

Secret League is doing a lot of games partly because people can just throw a team on Gamefinder and get a match.

I am not going to create a team using mister__joshua's rosters. But I might want to play against one of his teams using one of my current ones.
I also might decide to allow teams from his rosters to play in some of my events.

So, my question is, at what point do we need to restrict matches?
If people are OK with using standard rules for a match, could we just load any old roster as we could with the old javabowl?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It is absolutley the OPs fault.
There is a lot of sillyness in trying to guess and discuss seriously what he meant.

The way it sounds what he meant was an utterly silly comment and it might have been just that.
 Jump to: