45 coaches online • Server time: 12:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
djambazov

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to me that the most common permanent injury on my linerats is -ag. I'm kinda torn on whether I should fire one as soon as he gets it or no. I rarely dodge or pick up the ball with them, since they get LOS duty, but I remember at least once wanting to dodge out and pick up the ball with one, both in the same turn, for a late touchdown. Of course, it didn't happen. On the other hand, if I do fire them, I get a journeyrat instead and -50k in the future. What are your thought on this subject?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't often dodge with them, use them as fodder. It's what they're supposed to be anyways
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Line rats still have value even with AG1 and ST2. They are line rats and are supposed to get in the way of things and take hits.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep 'em for LOS duty, unless you've got a load of cash burning a hole in your pocket. Fire them if they skill or take a -AV, otherwise let them do their job and die on the line.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
details5252

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

On that team, i.e., a rookie, yes.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Do they have guard?

If not then fire.

Loner is probably better.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would certainly keep it if you are not cash rich (which as a starting team taking a few lumps, you are not). I'd personally only fire if their first injury was -ST.

At the end of the day also, they not only save you some money (by potentially taking a death or another injury instead of that going on the new guy), but they're still probably more reliable than a loner journeyman as a whole when you start to include re-rolls. I think an ag2 non-loner RR is only marginally less good at dodging (at 75% chance) than an ag3 loner RR (78% if I haven't muddled things up). Ag3 Loner is obviously some way better on the initial roll, but really falls flat in how much extra potential it gains out of a RR due to the 50/50. Non-loner ag2 rats are also obviously far more reliable re-rolling everything else, and subsequently will probably cause fewer turnovers than a fresh journeyman.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

over 13 rats yes, less than 13 rats no
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm generally inclined to fire injured players but I think that in this case you can keep him in order to have 1-2 reserves soon.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I typically don't fire -ma or -ag linos because if their job is getting punched in the face then they can still do their job fine.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
I typically don't fire -ma or -ag linos because if their job is getting punched in the face then they can still do their job fine.

It's situational: a Journeyelf with AG 4 is better than a Rookie Linelf with AG 3, for example.
details5252

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

All the guy is doing is potentially taking an MVP from a healthy linerat. At least with a healthy loner, if he gets MVP, you might hire him.
Bram

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

details5252 wrote:
All the guy is doing is potentially taking an MVP from a healthy linerat. At least with a healthy loner, if he gets MVP, you might hire him.

+1.
djambazov

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm kinda inclined to keep the one I have on the current team, at least until I get a rat ogre, but when he inevitably gets two MVPs, is it better to fire him or stick wrestle on him? If decreased agility doesn't matter for a rookie LOS fodder, why does it matter for a skilled one? Also, when another one gets a stat decrease, keep both or fire one?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

details5252 wrote:

Sure, but if he fired the -AG Linerat he would have 1 less Linerat on the roster.
You are not to going to stack skills on a Linerat like on Gutter Runners and Blitzers, so even assuming the -1 AG gets an MVP and eventually skills up he can be useful with Wrestle, Kick or Dirty Player, all skills not requiring Agility.
Long story short: for his duty, a -AG Linerat can be kept but if the OP had a huge Treasury he should replace him immediately.
Since the OP has 60,000 gold at the moment he could keep the Linerat in the hope of having a bench soon.
It's better to have healthly players, if the Treasury allows it.

djambazov wrote:
I'm kinda inclined to keep the one I have on the current team, at least until I get a rat ogre

In my opinion you can keep it because currently you don't have a huge Treasury, but you should replace him if you had lot of gold.
I don't suggest to buy a Rat Ogre, that would be a TV bloat.
djambazov wrote:
but when he inevitably gets two MVPs, is it better to fire him or stick wrestle on him?

You can take Wrestle, Kick or Dirty Player on him.
Personally I'd take Kick because with AG 2 Wrestle could be sometimes be harder to use (for example imagine dodging to blitz a ball carrier), but taking Wrestle would be fine too.
Just don't stack skills on Linerats, they are fine with 0-1 skill, and start to be a bloat with 2 or more skills.

djambazov wrote:
If decreased agility doesn't matter for a rookie LOS fodder, why does it matter for a skilled one?

Because the task of a rookie LOS fodder player is to be hit, he's a living punchbag, a passive task, he doesn't need to dodge and do fancy stuff requiring Agility.
With AV 7 there are good chances that he will be Knocked Out or injured, especially if hit by Mighty Blow players.

djambazov wrote:
Also, when another one gets a stat decrease, keep both or fire one?

Try to have a bench and a reasonably healthy team.
If you have enough gold you should replace the injured players, but at the same time always try to have a bench.
For Skaven it's better to have 13 players with 2 Linerats -AG than 11 players without any injury.
Linerats with -AG or -MA can be kept and placed on the LOS, when they get too crippled then fire them.
While a MA 6 Linerat can still be used, a MA 5 Linerat sucks.
Fire immediately: Niggled; -ST; -AV.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jul 30, 2016 - 19:16; edited 2 times in total
 Jump to: