22 coaches online • Server time: 02:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
polemarch

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Athel Loren University - Student Rag!

Interview with Great Eagles Coach.

Hey Coach, anything to say to the students at ALU.

A big thank you to all the fans who have travelled with the team for the touring leg. The fans performed well during our time in Middelheim and Urslo. Really proud from them and effort they put in. We all know that touring is hard work, visiting all these strange bars, trying to understand the accents etc... Thankfully we all know that our fans are masters of the universal language and they managed their time well.

We hope that our fans will welcome the RSU team and supporters with welcome arms and show them a really good time in Athel Loren.

Any word on the team?

No Comment

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Coaching Controversy in Nuln!
Jahosh Gawwad reporting

Fans of the Gunners were shocked today when they learned that their fine team were not being coached by the man Smegish as had been proclaimed at the start of the season, but instead by his 'assistant' Gifuk Yusef. Gifuk explained that Smegish had other coaching commitments in the far-off Southern Wastes that prevented him from taking over here at the NCU, so Gifuk was sent in his place. University heads were aware of this, but for some reason the media and fans were kept in the dark until now.

Gifuk Yusef went on to say that he will continue to coach the team to the best of his abilities for the forseeable future

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Touring Leg Concludes

The CBBA Touring Leg has officially concluded following last nights thrilling 2-2 draw between the Eagles and the Scorpions. Despite going into the game as favorites, the Scorpions will be happy to take a draw from the game as the Eagles once again put on a graceful display of college blood bowl prowess.

#Round3 #CBBA #TouringLeg

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Inter Conferences Kick Off

The CBBA Inter Conference Draw is hot off the presses. Look at those matchups! It's going to be an awesome final 3 rounds.

#CBBA #Crunchtime

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Southerners Conference Preview
Debby Demonbreeder – Sports Reporter for the Altdorf Daily

The Southerners Conference is wide open after the Chevaliers lost their final game of the Touring Leg. Certainly the Chevaliers looked like the most convincing team of this division early in the season. However, the Great Eagles managed to do what the Chevaliers couldn't and produced a draw with the AIC heavyweights in the final round, declaring their credentials.

The Confederates have been quiet achievers so far and it feels like they are sneaking around waiting to surprise a few people. Meanwhile, the off field distractions don't seem to be doing the Diavoli any favors as they failed to impress during the Touring Leg.

We still believe the Chevaliers are the team to beat. They can make it a two horse race with the Great Eagles by dismissing the Confederates in the first round and putting them practically out of contention, so a win is vital. For the three teams who are threatening, no one will want to drop a game to the Diavoli and whoever does is likely to be punished for it. Therefore, there is a lot of pressure on the Eagles for round 1 not to capitulate.

Prediction:
Chevaliers - 13
Eagles - 9
Confederates - 6
Diavoli - 2

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Frostbelt Conference Preview

It may be the poorest of the Conferences but you wouldn't be able to tell by the results in the Touring Leg. Each of these teams did well with three of them among the top teams in the league so far. Could this be the new power conference or was it a one off? Certainly, it looks as though none of these teams have an easy matchup for the remainder of the season.

The Bulls are undefeated, but you'd expect that the other teams of the North can almost rival their thirst for blood. The Buccs would usually be considered favorites to take out this conference but they start the leg more than a game behind the top dogs and will face an uphill battle to make up the difference.

The Yhetees are probably in the best position of the lot. They have a crucial first round matchup which could go a long way to determining the final standings. If they can leapfrog the Bulls, their form so far has shown they are a good chance of sticking it to the Bears and can mix it with the Buccs. Speaking of the Bears, this season appears to be similar to Season 1 where they made the Bowl. If they are any chance of doing so, they will have to defeat their more prestigious and richer neighbours in the Buccs.

This conference looks to have a mouth watering matchup each week and a lot is still to be decided. One thing is inevitable with these teams, their fierce style of play and dislike for each other will see a lot of injuries.

Ultimately, we think the Buccs will get the better of the Bears in the first week, leaving either the Yhetees and Bulls with a good chance of positioning themselves as the top dogs with a decent lead on the rest. The Buccs will be hoping it is the Yhetees that manage it, so they can catch and overtake them on a final round tiebreaker.

Prediction:
Yhetees - 14
Buccs - 11
Bulls - 10
Bears - 7

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Great North Road Conference Preview

The GNR looks to be the most open Conference for the taking, however, it also looks to be the one most likely to miss out on a Bowl spot. No one in the group has been convincing enough to stake their claim as clear favorites and it is unlikely one team will sweep the group from here to get the points needed.

Cabalvision is licking their lips hoping that the Conference can be decided in the final round, doubling up the importance of the annual Shield match between the two cross town rivals. Unfortunately, if form is anything to go by, the game will end in a draw and neither side will take home the Shield.

This is the problem with the GNR Conference. Each team has exhibited a defensive style so far which is conducive to the 1 point draw. Perhaps the ever capable Clippers can click into gear and turn it up a notch to be the top dog. Equally capable, if the Harlequins can keep their players healthy and turn up the razzle dazzle they would have to be a good chance. The Wolfpack has appeared to be the most solidly coached team of the lot so far, if they can keep it up maybe they can squeek out enough points to stay in the lead. Meanwhile, the Manticores are probably focusing on building for next season as their players get used to life in the CBBA.

We think there will be a few draws. The Clippers and Harlequins will use their speed and go for the shoot out victories while the Wolfpack will remain conservative and utilise their strong defense - so far a winning approach. The Manticores will be looking to upset someone and knock them out of contention. We have the top 3 teams entering the final round on 8 points, with the Clippers in the box seat to take it out with a win against the 'Cores.

Prediction:
Clippers - 11
Harlequins - 9
Wolfpack - 9
Manticores - 0

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The Award for the Power Conference isn't even close!
Urlso Press

Frostbelt Conference - 26 points
Southerners Conference / Food Bowl Conference - 14 points
Great North Road Conference - 13 points
All Imperial Conference - 11 points

Great to see all the all-imp-face conference proving that money is nothing when it comes to CBBA, you need heart!

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!

Last edited by DrDiscoStu on %b %01, %2016 - %04:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Food Bowl Conference Preview

The Food Bowl Conference looks like a one horse race from here, with the only potential threat to the Stallions coming from the overachieving Falcons. The fact that the Cockerels are present however basically puts the Stallions on 12 points and almost beyond reach of the Falcons who would have to be perfect to catch them. Even then they'd need the Stallions to slip up somewhere.

The Axemen start the Conference leg needed to gain some momentum and develop their players with a view to next season. The Axemen still have a lot to play for in salvaging some respect and potentially upsetting their main rivals in the Stallions. The Cockerels can already be pleased with the season so far. The campus is getting ready for some big cook offs, a few fouls and hopefully another touchdown!

The Falcons can take a lot from the Touring Leg and if they continue their form, they will finish in a respectable 2nd for the Conference in their first season, well done.

Prediction:
Stallions - 18
Falcons - 8
Axemen - 4
Cockerels - 1

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

All Imperial Conference Preview

The "Big Deal" Conference definitely underperfomed in the Touring Leg, leaving fans nervous with every team in the running. Given the tough competition, the AIC may only be able to reach the Red Ribbon Bowl this season unless the Griffins sweep the division. Still, any team who wins the AIC can try and argue that the glory of that achievement can be rated on equal terms as the Bowls.

The Griffins were the only team that lived up to expectations with a decent Touring Leg, only slipping up with first round jitters. You would think they have the fire power to take it out from here and reach a Bowl Game. The first round game against the Gunners will be crucial to the Conference, if they can secure a win there they will be more than a win clear of the next place no matter the result in the other game. If they lose, the Gunners enter the drivers seat with control of their destiny. A draw would shake things right up and keep everyone in the hunt.

The Gunners look like a team that can win it all during some patches, but at other times their experimental approach lets them down. If they can maintain some consistency they are probably the most likely to challenge the Griffins from here. The Panthers are a threat with their speed but the class of this division is usually where they come unstuck.

The Scorpions are probably already writing off this season after a woeful (by their standards) Touring Leg. The Scorpions need to change something in their preparation to get firing again after that diabolical display. One thing's for sure, they have their pride on the line and coach Semitence is under a lot of pressure to salvage something by defeating their rivals.

The biggest game in the calander (at least for fans from the Empire), the Altdorf Cup, will take place in the final round this season. Both teams will be fired up to go for the win and there is a chance that the Griffins Bowl chances will be on the line.

Prediction:
Griffins - 14
Scorpions - 9
Gunners - 7
Panthers - 3

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

North's Demands For More Respect Trend On Chirper

While they may be warranted, the tabloids of the North's recent demands for respect after their strong Touring Leg
performance is being heavily ridiculed across the rest of the CBBA. In the release of an article claiming to be the Power Conference, the Urslo Tabloid failed in basic addition for their totals. Given the reputation the Frostbelt Universities have for their academic programs, the slip up hasn't done them any favors on their calls for respect. Perhaps they should hire someone from the South to edit their articles.

#CBBA #Frostbelt #Academicsofthecold

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

False Numbers Released by CBBA Officials to discredit the Frostbelt
Urlso Press

What is a sensation turn of events, it appears that the CBBA had sent over the wrong numbers to this trusted news source, in an attempt to discredit this honourable press institution!

One can only presume they are looking for a distraction from their need to increase funding to the Frostbelt conference, given their utter dominance in the modern game.

We now present the correct standings, which still has the Frostbelt more than 3 games clear of their nearest rivals.

Frostbelt Conference - 26 points
All Imperial Conference - 16 points
Southerners Conference / Food Bowl Conference - 14 points
Great North Road Conference - 13 points

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

RSU - Scorpions stall, Eagles escape pincer grip

In what may go down as the Scorpions poorest leg in recent history, Reikland State have managed to secure just 2 points of a possible 9 from their conference.

The current RSU coach was able to shed some light on the situation. "It's been a poor start to the season, however we're confident that the work we put in now will drive results in the seasons to come. There has been some loss of talent during the lockout period and even now we're probably not back to the level we need to be at to play Scorpion football." Pressed further on the specifics of the touring leg results, he added, "Look, I could sit here all day and give you reasons for the performance. We all know Urslo's purported ties to the Nordic teams' supplement program & their post-grad entry requirements, and allowing elves into what is a competition of the people has always been, contentious to say the least. We've seen some really strong progress from Slick & Aldric in particular - putting in the time to get their conditioning up to scratch. We've got our eye on next season's bowl - everything is on the line there."

One thing is for sure, whilst the Bowl might be out of their grasp this season, the Sting will be doing all they can to ensure victory against long-time rival Griffins in round 3 of the home leg.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 08:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

1/8/16 5:59pm

Apologies to my followers for the long silence. The past few weeks have been very dark times for me. Hauled over the coals for an inappropriate use of the Fox Talk GP-Card. Sacked from the paper. Of course those job interviews with the real papers never eventuated. Made into a laughing stock by the student press. And well, I guess I'm lucky not to have been expelled from TRU entirely.

I still don't really know what happened in Averheim. There are the embarrassing Cheeps in this Chirpfeed, and some strange burn marks on my neck which I think will scar. But I have very little recollection of that night. I believe I was set up. But why? I will find out, and I will not give up until I get that interview with Remo Chiappa.

First stop will be a trip to Athel Loren. There will be no repeat of the Averland fiasco, I'm off the drink for good. I expect it will be easy to stay sober on this trip. I don't know much about elves, but I understand the Asrai are a noble and reserved people. Little to tempt me from the task at hand.

#CBBA #Diavoli #ramchop
Pyates16

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Offices of NCM

well have long talks with the powers to be,

I have been able to keep my roll as head coach for the rest of the season.

I will have to cut the fat and get this team into gear, and push them harder and faster then ever before,

with the majors pretty much out of reach for the team, we now have nothing to lose and only have pride on the line

regards

pyates16
 Jump to: