45 coaches online • Server time: 14:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kharon

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Storm vs Clan Microdorf tonight (Saturday) at 20:00 bbtime.

Dwarves will get almost 250k in inducements, and the elves get to field the slowest player in all of Norsca!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Alas, the league has once again had problems with one of its shipments. As per usual, the annual travel to the Oracle, aka Shraaaag the Stats Shaman, set out to get the annual numbers. However they got lost on their return home. We have finally been able to locate the stranded party. The travellers all perished in the mountains, but we were able to recover the Oracle's message which was frozen in a block of ice.

NSL SEASON 4 TEAM AWARDS

ImageThe Vinnskor Storm (Kharon) were this season's dominating team in NSL. In addition to the Championship, they took home the awards for SPP (17.1 spp/game), Touchdowns (2.5 TD/game), and Rushing (39.4 ma/game). They are the first team to win 3 team awards in the same season. Next time, make sure you bring home the Cup though.
ImageImageImage

Image The debutants from Krova's Boneyard (Azure) had a tough time as expected in their first season, but managed to come away with The Axe for best cas rate (3.2 cas/game). We suspect this must feel like a regional championship to them.

Image The passmasters that are the Nidhoggstad Firedrakes (pythrr) are once again awarded for their frequent passing (4.2 comps/game), as they were in Season 1. However they seem to have changed their passing game from the Ulthuan style of long throws, to a style more like that of the teams of Albion, with plenty short backward passes.

Image Sjoktraken Oilers (Balle2000) managed to pick up the The Raven for their long passing game, but fell short of doing the three-peat in Sea of Claws. The Oilers now have two Raven banners.

Image The powerhouse that is Durfang Draugr (Matthueycamo) picks up The Hammer as the most incessant blockers (their 3rd team award), having won their second regional title. Despite their well developed team of deaddies, they just missed out on the title last season. If they want to do it this year, they first have to win their 3 remaining regional games, including the season finale vs the Lizards from Skeggi. They have the team to do it.

Image Finally - and this has almost become a mere formality - Vygr (awambawamb) are awarded the Tainted Mask for most foulingest (8.6 fouls/game) for the 3rd season running. Unfortunately they have now left the league, but they set a terrific precedence in the sophisticated ground blitz game, and its time everybody else upped this part of their repertoires.

That concludes the team awards for season 4. Excuse the delay my dear fellows.

Please add banners to your team BIOs as you see fit. You can find easy to copy-paste BBCODE by clicking the RESOURCES tab at the NSL group page.

For complete stats click the TEAM STATS tab here.
*awards are given based on per-game performance -- e.g. TD/game, CAS/game, etc.
** teams must have completed a whole season to be considered.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %26, %2016 - %09:%Oct; edited 3 times in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to encourage the reigning regional champions to proudly display their champion status on the Blood Bowl pitch.

Like the Durfang Draugr have done: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=814969
Kharon

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I did as the commish ordered, and swapped my team logo for the championship banner. And behold: Storm vs. Sacrifices to Khorne 3-0!

As an added bonus, the only completion in the game was made by Hazelfang - the MA1 treeman. After an early double-skull block, Hazelfang really pulled himself together and made a stellar performance for the rest of the game. Not a single take root and successfull gfi's every other turn and of course the completion to top it off!

Otherwise the game was a text-book example of a dicing of the highest order. Elves couldn't fail, no matter how hard they tried. AV7 was like reinforced concrete against the Sacrifices' mighty blow and so on.

I thank The_Demon for excellent sportsmanship in the face of my ridiculous dice (but remember, you urged me to pass with the tree!). And I have to take back all the bad words that I've said about Hazelfang. Maybe a MA1 tree has it's place in the team after all.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

where's the love guys?
I feel it's pretty quiet, no one posts much, we're just going through our games...

When it's a very exciting season! Three divisions with very close results, and a last one where the favourite of the crowd and of everyone the Draugr exploded mid-flight and a damned almost-rookie lizzardfolk team walked on everyone to get the title (probably cheating along the way too)

In our division the Sea of Claws the orcs can take everything for a great come-back, if they manage to win against the vampires and the ogres (who had a pretty good season by the way, 1-2-1)!

In the Sea of Chaos the Dwarfs can take the lead as well if they manage to win the last two games, but the two elves teams are ready to take the title, a confirmation of their good forms in the league in general. Without forgetting the Norse who are on a winning streak after losing the first two games.

In the Frozen Sea it's still early but you have two undefeated team and four teams still in course for the title.

oh yeah!
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know you all guys, but I've been hit by a RL shitstorm like... do you know the Big Red Eye of Jupiter? right, paint brown and then dive deep in. I thought the hardest part was over, but was merely the beginning. What can I tell you... stay away from extremists. And small towns, and dodgy contracts.

Burnalot

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The Orcs are not looking forward facing the Ogres, we are loaded with injuries already.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2016 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

thats the most un-orc thing ive ever heard...no wonder you get injured attitude like that losses gorks or possibly morks favour rather quickly Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2016 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

well, to be fair with the cowardly orcs, they are indeed Mights Ogres Smile

GO OGRES!

(I have of course no personal interest in seeing the ogres win Razz)
The_Demon

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2016 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, its taken me this long to pick myself up off the floor after suggesting a Treeman pass to Kharon in our game! I have been a gibbering mess ever since Embarassed Shocked Laughing
I have since traded all of my mighty blow in for mighty tickle, as I think that might have been more effective....
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Game:
The undying Vikings of the Naglfari will face off against the mercenary elves of Sjoktraken on:

Friday 2100 bbtime
Vikings v Oilers

This will more or less decide the Frozen Sea regional.

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules changes ahead

Soon completing its 5th season, and having recently passed its 1st birthday, the Norscan Survivalists League is planning some cool new rules for Season 6.

Here's a sneak peak at one of them:

Quote:
NEW COACHING JOB OFFER
Whenever you complete 4 full seasons in the NSL, your status level will increase in the eyes of the NSL chieftains, as you have steadily made a name for yourself as an NSL coach.

With this increased admiration, you may for each status level gained this way, re-roll your team race at the end of a season - making a fresh start with a new team - without the current 1 season quarantine.

After some seasons in the same team, you may want a new challenge, or you may have befriended too many groupies and they are now conspiring against you and making your life at your current team unbearable, it doesn't matter, the league won't judge your reason (especially not the latter).

Specifics:
- This rule is made to offer flexibility to those of you who have stuck with the league for a while
- If want to re-roll for next season, you must give notice via PM before the end of the 5th and final round (Nov 21st for this season).
- You will get a new coaching position at one of currently vacant teams - re-rolling teams you've coached before.
- You will get the chance to opt in for any available stunty teams if interested.
- Start anew with your new race the following season.
- Coaches who joined at the start of Season 2 or before are currently eligible.

Coach levels:
4 seasons = experienced coach
8 seasons = veteran coach
12 seasons = emerging star coach
etc.

Question:
- But isn't it difficult to start from scratch now that some teams are 2000 tv?
- Yes, you have a point, which is why we will introduce a new feature to help new teams and coaches get a starting-up boost.

Burnalot

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, thank you for keeping the league awesome.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting-up boost? Sounds very un-Norscan. Unless of course they are boosted on a small ice floe starting-up their voyage off the coast of Sea of Claws.

Seriously speaking, I can imagine this new feature will have some interest amongst the coaches. Not me, though. I've grown fond of my woodies.
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i sure will keep my crippled orcs too. Still a nice thing