13 coaches online • Server time: 02:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dlock

Post   Posted: May 08, 2017 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Ramchop.

Did you have a look on what kind of coaches supported PO and who were against.

I was (am) obviously against it for selfish purposes being wood elf coach. I wander if other people had similar (maybe from opposite side of the fence) selfish reasons.

Well done for airing the question in any case.

- D
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Non active player- but i don't want to live in a world without POMB.
Semitence

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock wrote:
Removing is needed. No support for piling-on from me. Now, on the related topic, shouldnt wardancer be buffed with - say - strength 4...

- D

Why should it be removed? PO uses a TRR. That's huge. You pay 25-35k in TV every time you use it, not even including the cost of the skill and the fact you're unable to use it more than once per turn.

Old PO was too good. New PO is really, quite fair. So fair that even if it stays in play I'll not be taking it as a skill.
Semitence

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Before you ask I was neutral response. Mainly so I wasn't held up as an example of a POMBER who wants pomb to remain, but also because it doesn't affect me as I'll not be using it anymore. In fact I am sure I'd win more games if it IS implemented.
Dlock

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know, I just saw %number somewhere that stated that 40% of Mighty blow + Claw + Piling on resulted on player removed from game.

That percent is just too high and made that combination too powerful.

Anyhows, back to this moment, I saw in the game against Wex who had one PO guy how this new rule forced him to think about using it all the time - this is good, I am against "no-brainer" moves and now it seemed like trying to find balance between using it and needing that reroll.

For me, I am such a wimp that I would propably remove all injuries and blocks and everything from the game and only allow passing games so of course my opinion needs to taken from that perspective.

But, I recon, there are people who are absolute opposite of me, who dont want to score at all but just kill things, and their opinion to Piling On as skill should be viewed with equal suspision.

Its not only opinion that matters, but why we have our opinions as well...

- D
Dlock

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, what about the Wardancer buff?
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Wardancers need all the help they can get.
Foad

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a metagame choice towards BB16 that was made before the reroll functionality was known to be available.

With the ability to get full BB16 implementation, it's clearly going to get reviewed again, but with the league sitting an environment where new teams can't take Piling On, it may not be the fairest option to allow the use of it.

It would be easy to create an league rule set where Piling On is available, and probably not the hardest thing in the world to migrate the existing SWL teams to it - but would it hurt to look at what the meta would look like for a season or 2?

While the POMB teams lose out in losing Piling On, they have made gains with the removal of spiralling and other rules.

I wouldn't hate a regular review of the ruleset every December with implementation after ebery Bob Borc Cup.

Thoughts?

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 09:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Foad wrote:
With the ability to get full BB16 implementation, it's clearly going to get reviewed again, but with the league sitting an environment where new teams can't take Piling On, it may not be the fairest option to allow the use of it.

I agree with this, and would happily live with the ban until such time as they can implement the (GW official option) Team RR piling on coupled with the ability for new players to choose the skill.

The petition was submitted to swladmin a few days ago, it's in their hands now,
Dlock

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see wizards back as well.
Foad

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards are actually more game swingy than CPOMB. Wouldn't be fair to bring one back, and not the other.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly my point Foad.

And even I recon wizards were bit too good (not that I ever learned how to use them well).

- D
 Jump to: