76 coaches online • Server time: 20:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should an Orc team get a troll?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 58 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 66

Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Should an Orc team bother getting a Troll or not?
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Troll _and_ goblin to score one-turners on 2nd half 8th turn.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah; Trolls are good on the LOS with 2 expendable lino's with 4 BOB and 4 blitzers downfield, ready to hammer anything getting close enough to breathe foul upon.

Gobbo's are despicable and no proper Orc would allow such a lotahsome creature among the ranks.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: How do you know that you've been away from Blood Bowl for too long?

A: You see this poll and think that Orc teams are not allowed to buy trolls anymore.

Voted yes, trolls rock. Mostly fluffwise, but they're also pretty useful later on when they get some skills under their belt.
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

belt they have a belt? or is that where they stuff food for warming and storing.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no, but I generally dislike BigGuys because of their unreliability
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

don't see it has liability see it as other players not getting hurt in thw LOS. And if he happens to do something see it as a bonus

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Trolls are essential to orc play. As long as you don't try to actually do anything with them. The point made previously about their lack of reliability is of course valid, but just to have a ST5 guy, with guard after 1 MVP and an accidental CAS, on the LOS is a force in itself.

Then of course there is the TTM thing, but I've never actually succeeded in doing that and have only had it done TO me once. Still it's fun to have your opponent and all specs cheering the troll on to eat the gobbo Razz
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Then of course there is the TTM thing, but I've never actually succeeded in doing that and have only had it done TO me once. Still it's fun to have your opponent and all specs cheering the troll on to eat the gobbo

This is really funny the to watch or have happen against you (for you??) but it looses it's humour when you have to replace yet another goblin due to a greedy troll (give the troll a CAS for the rip and make us feel a little better about it - on a side note to justify this i saw fungus in action when speccing the other day and he wen't after his own troll then hit double powskull, fungus died and his teammate troll too the CAS and 2 SPP)

Adar

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I still got an ogre on my team...

Jump to: