14 coaches online • Server time: 05:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2018 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
I might never get a proper WE team with an Ag 5 Wardance or 3 +st Sauri

*Sauraii
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2018 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:

When I talk about even, I mean somebody who has no time to farm up a team in either R or B can actually compete. Even if I play 100-500 games I might never get a proper WE team with an Ag 5 Wardance or 3 +st Sauri that are cruizing around from people who either played a shitload of games or were just very lucky on 1-2 teams.

Yes, as I said, emphasy should be more on coaching and less on having a super roster.
Strider84 wrote:
Anyone can choose Wood-elves in the NAF Fumbbl tourney and has automatically at least an even chance in every game.

Even vs teams of comparable tier, not even when playing vs worse teams.
If you have to play a team from a small pool of races to stand an even chance then the format is not balanced.
At that point it would be better to let people only play the top tier teams of same win% potential, so the variable luck of facing bad coaches/bad tier teams could be removed from the tourney's equation.
Strider84 wrote:
not even chess is even where you have the same 2 teams.

I know, but there are various shades of balance.
Even if perfect balance can't be achieved, there is no reason to not trying to improve it.
For example, PO removal was not a massive change of the BB rules and mechanic, yet improved the game greatly. Small changes here and there may make a big difference.
Strider84 wrote:
as for something like LoL they spend millions on making heroes balances and have millions of people and more or less are able to do it, but that is not even closely possible for blood bowl due to the pure lack of games played.

It is possible but there is no interest from GW because BB is first and foremost a tabletop game, and not an e-sport videogame.
The new BB edition left the rosters pretty much unchanged.

Last edited by MattDakka on Mar 21, 2018 - 21:36; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I still say Piling On should require an AV Roll for the player with PO that was throwing his body onto the hard ground and the jagged edges of Armor that his opponent was wearing.

If it had carried the potential to CAS yourself by performing such a dangerous stunt in "live-action" that drawback to the skill would have limited how often players took the skill and limited how often coaches used the skill enough to make it a balanced and not OP skill.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just give it to big guys only
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
I would just give it to big guys only

I like that solution too.
Gives Ogres, Khemri, Undead needed BOOST.
Makes using all the Big Guys you can get ore a part of the game.
Big Guys are FUN they are supposed to be part AWESOME and part SUCK.

I think more people would use the BIGGUNS than they do currently.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
I still say Piling On should require an AV Roll for the player with PO that was throwing his body onto the hard ground and the jagged edges of Armor that his opponent was wearing.

If it had carried the potential to CAS yourself by performing such a dangerous stunt in "live-action" that drawback to the skill would have limited how often players took the skill and limited how often coaches used the skill enough to make it a balanced and not OP skill.

Not automatic. E.g. 3+ to avoid it.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I like where it just uses the team RR. The mutant teams have expensive RRs, the humans and zons and elfs and dorfs have cheap ones, it's good. You can carry like an extra ~150k TV to run 1 POMBer as your chief hitter, and it's a pretty good skill at that.

Now Claw, there's a thing should work like Chainsaw, you knock down a Claw player, they have AV 7 too. Then you don't want to claw spam all your AV9 guardfirm MB guys, until the take a -av or two.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 02:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

20 pages and we're onto CPOMB. What's next Timeout button and T16 fouls? Wink
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you Foul on Turn 16 you have to pass a Roll of 2+ not to have the crowd invade the pitch looking to maim the members of the fouling team. Automatic Pitch Invasion if ramchop is coaching the team that fouls.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Houserule wankery - check.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So..
This page needs overhaul then
https://fumbbl.com/help:Official+FUMBBL+Tournaments

Calendar needs update, including any TV limited minors that may or may not still exist

Old threads about 2017 and UI need unsticky'd
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 10:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

New link for tournaments:
https://fumbbl.com/p/tournaments

Will try to remember updating the main navigation link tonight.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok cool, that looks great
Couple of proofreading things if you don't mind

XFL runs all year, but is listed on the calendar as aug-sept
It's also listed under Minors. Delete it from the majors calendar section

Descriptions could be better, two of them claim to be the biggest, can't be true.
Two of them open with 'each year...'

Make clear what teams can enter what. Are they all R + B? Can I enter my league team? Put some intro text at the top about "these tournaments are open to ..."
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Christer! If the "old" page is going away maybe it would be nice to include links to the "historical" tourneys for interested coaches?

Also, does this mean that there will be just Brawl, XFL and RRR, and no "Minors" as in 16 or 32 team tournaments by TV brackets?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Ok cool, that looks great
Couple of proofreading things if you don't mind

XFL runs all year, but is listed on the calendar as aug-sept
It's also listed under Minors. Delete it from the majors calendar section

Descriptions could be better, two of them claim to be the biggest, can't be true.
Two of them open with 'each year...'

Make clear what teams can enter what. Are they all R + B? Can I enter my league team? Put some intro text at the top about "these tournaments are open to ..."

Wait what?

XFL is listed as a major for the actual finals. Which are aug-sept. The qualifiers are listed as minors. This is quite clear Razz