26 coaches online • Server time: 08:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
T16 fouling is an inalienable right. You want to know what's worse? In OT when you only have one player left on the field and the opponent is standing on the endzone while they systematically try to foul your last player off the pitch. That gets me salty.

Aw, c'mon .. if the other team only has 1 or 2 players left, it's almost obligatory to finish them off and clear the pitch (fouling with the ballcarrier, if possible). Nuffle likes a nice, clean pitch! xD

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome. Glad I could help so many coaches, grow as a person. T16 fouls for everyone!
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

T16, I foul, unless I'm scoring. Don't want fouled? Let me score. Simples.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

T24 foul, yes or no?
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan wrote:
You're welcome. Glad I could help so many coaches, grow as a person. T16 fouls for everyone!

Does he get a badge for that? Twisted Evil
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

...a random opponent conceded when I crowdsurfed his prone St4 WARDANCER to BH and he squandered the apo on a BH lino.
he called me a prick because from his point of view crowdsurfing doesn't give spp and "you is bad player, so worse beginner".
oh, okay then.

Buu88

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I have only ever seen T16 fouls when they are losing and not happy about the results.

T16 foul is like the idiot who decides to wait until the last possible second to cut off everyone while changing freeways, yes its legal but you are still a dick and everyone hates you.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
T24 foul, yes or no?
Every time
Unless you can score and win. No one wants a coin flip to decide a tournament game.

Buu88 wrote:
I have only ever seen T16 fouls when they are losing and not happy about the results.

T16 foul is like the idiot who decides to wait until the last possible second to cut off everyone while changing freeways, yes its legal but you are still a dick and everyone hates you.
Unless I can score, I'm gonna foul turn 16. There are some exceptions in there, but if I can't get a TD, and you have a player down, I will lay in the boot, whether I'm winning, losing, or eating a tie.
Punkow

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Once I was stupid and I thought that T16 foul was a dick move. Now I se the stupidity of my way and I embrace the blood. I will always foul your best player on T16 if I can (and I expect the same). Deal with it.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Buu88 wrote:
I can't stand the blood in bloodbowl, I'm right you're wrong

fixed it

Ciparkits

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a very simple philosophical stance towards the question of T16 fouling - I don't do it, unless I happen to not like the person I am playing against, or am triggered by the fact that I lost and want to vent my manchild-worthy rage away at the end, so, most of the time, yes.
Buu88

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
Sp00keh wrote:
T24 foul, yes or no?
Every time
Unless you can score and win. No one wants a coin flip to decide a tournament game.

Buu88 wrote:

Unless I can score, I'm gonna foul turn 16. There are some exceptions in there, but if I can't get a TD, and you have a player down, I will lay in the boot, whether I'm winning, losing, or eating a tie.

There is something gravely wrong if you are not in scoring position all 16 turns.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Buu88 wrote:

There is something gravely wrong if you are not in scoring position all 16 turns.
Such as:

I scored on turn 15 for whatever reason, and my opponent gets a turn 16 LoS, and I plan to try and bash on turn 16.

I managed to make a turn 15 stop deep in my territory with a slow moving team, such as dwarves, who cannot go endzone to endzone in 1 turn.

I'm already up 6-0, and was keeping my Gutter Runners, or Wardancers just out of my opponent's reach, because the win is already secured.

My opponent scored on turn 16, and I get to set up an LoS bash fest. Unless the score is tied, or I'm down by 1 and have a one turner, I'm laying in the boot.

My opponent ran his mouth all game, in a very insulting manner, and annoyed me to the point I'd rather try to kill a player than score (I've had this happen a few times).

Point is, I'm gonna foul turn 16, so long as there's no legitimate reason not to.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Buu88 wrote:
Huh? What does this mean?

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he means you should always be in a scoring position on T16 every game.

I'd say you should usually be in a scoring position at the end of your T15, unless you're defending a 1-point lead, while still being there at the start of your T16 is another matter entirely, sometimes you can't even reach the ball.