16 coaches online • Server time: 04:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scarlak

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

cheers mrt1212

Noticed you weren’t spectating so thought I’d carry on your great work.

Link updated
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Scarlak wrote:
cheers mrt1212

Link updated

Awesome! After my defeat yesterday I was in no mood to watch more and tried to enjoy the rest of the day. Which I did for most part with the help of some awesome tacos and expert consolation from my wife.

Laughing
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4000683 For Lawn! (Pielover101) faced off against Bar Flys (Wuhan) in another Khemri/Slann first rounder. Khemri engaged the froggies early on their offensive drive and drove down the field securing a score a few turns before the half ended. Then a blizzard blew in knocking out communications on their sideline and there was a short pause while that got restored. A cynic might think this was a ploy to lower the body temp of the Slann and it appeared to have worked as the Slann dropped a pass to score the equalizer before half.

2nd half saw the Bar Flys score and we wound up in overtime. Things get a bit hazy there for me as I fired up a Box game of my own.

2-1 Bar Flys
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4000688 Scream Bay Packers (Cerberus85) vs. Bad Luck Sux (The_Murker). Only watched a handful of turns thanks to my own Box game but from what I saw and what the comments on the game state, that Rat Ogre was kind of an albatross on the Packers' squad. Also Mega-NinJitsu is everything you imagine an AG5 MB Tackle Wardancer to be delivering hits and scores with wild abandon.

Bad Luck Sux wound up 2-1 on turn 8 of the 2nd half after the Packers equalized part way through the half. With a turn to go for a reprisal from the Packers but alas, nothing doing. They failed to set up the OTTD and sauntered back into the Warpstone laden tunnels, tail between their legs.

2-1 Bad Luck Sux
fidius

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
After my defeat yesterday I was in no mood to watch more and tried to enjoy the rest of the day. Which I did for most part with the help of some awesome tacos and expert consolation from my wife.

Laughing

It was a good game, but the cheeky 3+ dodge and 10+ escape from SS/Shadowmenz was insanely epic. Not to mention the 4+ pitch to Morg for the 3+ catch, all without rerolls. Kudos to Emphasy for trying it, would not have been epic otherwise!
Joost

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Scarlak wrote:
cheers mrt1212

Link updated

Awesome! After my defeat yesterday I was in no mood to watch more and tried to enjoy the rest of the day. Which I did for most part with the help of some awesome tacos and expert consolation from my wife.

Laughing
wives and tacos: heavy artillery in the War on Sour Moods
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It was one of those games where we both had our share of good luck but with mine coming in setting up tough spots for him and him getting out of tough spots. I made a few errors like basing the AG6 catcher against Morg, putting the Shadowing potential on the back burner which Emphasy deftly recognized and chained out of. It was either a 3d6 Blitz with Morg to get out of it or a chain play with at least 1 GFI, which he had to reroll and then a 2d6 that was anything other than double both down and skulls. All the credit in the world to Emphasy for being the superior coach against my best effort.
Scarlak

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what a few days of the GLT. Some major upsets, some brutal matches and some major dicings. Loving the commentary as well.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2018 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4000531: No words.

2-1 BB Small Men

Why no words? I think it was beautiful:)
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2018 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

3240 TV Elf?
So you must cause 9 casualties to eventually go into OT and get the win finally?
Scarlak

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear tournament admin please can we fix the draw so Dominik plays Purple Chest first round of the Fumbbl Cup.

We could market that.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Was a bit of a kick in the teeth from start to finish my match but these things happen. I will have to get some quality speccing in instead
Scarlak

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir you weren't the only form legend to get shafted first round. Quite a few have, been great speccing so far.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4001359

Another classic gobbo match for Pocket Hulks (Kondor) here.

I don't know if words can do this one justice as it needs to be watched front to back.

The first half was a brutal slog down the pitch for both teams that resulted in a turn 8 score for Bargin Bin Bandits (JackH). The match was similar to a low simmer at this point. Then the Pocket Hulks blast the heat on turn 8 and do a wonderful TTM touchdown with an ag5 Gobbo named, and I kid you not, Haughty. Haughty should be haughty given that sheer talent to land in a tackle zone and strut into the endzone.

Now the heat has been cranked up on this one. The Pocket Hulks deploy their saw man - Bill Bixby - and he instinctively notches a kill with the saw before getting himself murdered a couple of turns later. The drive for the Pocket Hulks is a slow and cautious one with them looking more like an Undead or Khemri team caging and slowly advancing and punching gobbos in their way. It all culminates in a turn 8 score. The Bargin Bin Bandits, not to be outdone on the TTM front hurl one of their own to pay dirt and we hit overtime!

But Overtime was a sham! The Bargain Bin Bandits get to receive the kick but those sneaky lil Pocket Hulks jump the gun and get a Blitz! result for the kickoff cinching the catch of the kickoff and then letting the Bandits sole hope to stop them fail on a dodge.

Really fun game and hopefully the Pocket Hulks go on to ultimate glory. They've had two fun ones so far and you can't help but hope they knock off bigger targets if they can win their qualifier bracket.
JackH

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2018 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It was fun one. AG5 gobbos should have the secret weapon rule.
 Jump to: