17 coaches online • Server time: 05:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I know I've been heard on this more than once, so I'll keep it brief.

Uncapped / 2000 / 1500 FTW. Caps are important.

That sounds good to me, but should that be TV or TW. Personally I would be happy just to use TV. But I do understand the arguement for TW beng used. I just don't like how much TW knacks up teams like Undead who accumulate huge sums of money and have nothing to spend it on at all and buying RR then dropping them to trim money never seems right to me. But hey ho, what ever happens I'm not really too fussed, I'm just really enjoying this season playing with vampires. Great job on the league everyone.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

This.
vicius

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
No cap for higher divisions though?
Teams like vamps and slann bloat like crazy and have troubble saving cash. Would be cruel for them to fire players .

+1

Caps are so hard for Dinamite teams, dont kill them more

Remember last 4-5 seasons with ma ogars in wil, never had a competitive team cause each season have to cap 70 tv or so and start the season with 10 players

Caps kill teams, dont kill the teams is my vote, sometimes is so frustating
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

This + the Bank rules would be awesome.

Otherwise, these TV caps, and a manual limit on cash you can carry over between seasons would be my preference, but I concede that such a rule produces a lot of work for the admin team (and more confusion in general) so I can understand why such a suggestion would be ignored.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

That sounds good to me, but should that be TV or TW. Personally I would be happy just to use TV. But I do understand the arguement for TW beng used. I just don't like how much TW knacks up teams like Undead who accumulate huge sums of money and have nothing to spend it on at all and buying RR then dropping them to trim money never seems right to me. But hey ho, what ever happens I'm not really too fussed, I'm just really enjoying this season playing with vampires. Great job on the league everyone.

Would need to be TW caps really, otherwise teams with a cash reserve have little issue about losing players and can use inducements to a very strong extent.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

They can't really, because if they use their cash reserves to get inducements, it just gives their opponent inducements as well, so it isn't very useful in that respect really.

Cash makes very little difference these days. It is just for replacing injured players really. TW is also a house ruled measurement and I would prefer to play the game as close to the official rule set as possible, and if later on down the line this causes problems then it could be changed.

It is a new era and personally I would like to see if the rule set works as is intended, so I guess in that respect I am siding with the no caps at all stance. Because the rule set was written to allow rookie teams to compete with very experienced teams with just slight disadvantage. There are numerous quotes about supporting this from Galak and JJ but I cant be bothered to fish them out right now Wink But im sure you get where I am coming from anyway. Although I imagine a lot of people stongly disagree with me for good reason Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have any strong veiws either way. I think it has got to be TW if we have caps since you could have a huge bank balance while still being under a TV cap that would then nullifiy the point of a cap in the first place.

I do believe we should wait till the end of the season before we decide and perhaps have a variable TW limit depending on what the average is at the begining of next season.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
It is a new era and personally I would like to see if the rule set works as is intended, so I guess in that respect I am siding with the no caps at all stance.

I always got the impression that the rules were designed for a single stand alone league, not a multi-division league.

The TV/TW cap suggestions a purely due to the divisions, which I don't think there is any mention of in CRP (I should probably read it before making these sort of statements).

However, in the "Option League Rules" section it does say you can modify spiralling expenses. So if you want to stick as closely as possible to the rules that would be the best option Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO no caps for Prem or Conferences if they are intended to be the core.

A cap of 1500TW for Regionals & Fringe to avoid putting off newer coaches and beaten up squishies.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

id like it to be tw based. Holding cash is a massive advantage in league format cos a death or injury of a key positional wont hurt half as much if u can just shift in a new one where as if u have no money your season can be hit massively.

Swapping a saurus for a journeyman skink is no help at all for example
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

But at the same time dropping a Saurus with a single skill that took 15 games to get just to achieve a lower TW is pretty frustrating as well. It seems to punish teams or players that are very hard to skill up and will make the agile races far easier to use and manage, and those races (elves and skaven) dont really need any more advantages that they already have.

But I do like Koadahs suggestion below, it doesnt seem to be too brutal -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO no caps for Prem or Conferences if they are intended to be the core.

A cap of 1500TW for Regionals & Fringe to avoid putting off newer coaches and beaten up squishies.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
They can't really, because if they use their cash reserves to get inducements, it just gives their opponent inducements as well, so it isn't very useful in that respect really.

If I am about to get 40k in inducements, then adding 100K to it to get a bribe for my roller, or DP makes a huge difference, while leaving my opponent with nothing to spend the money on.

I can see what you are trying to say, but to presume cash has no effect is frankly some way off the mark.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a preference either way, actually...

Last edited by Calthor on %b %09, %2011 - %15:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Garion wrote:

If I am about to get 40k in inducements, then adding 100K to it to get a bribe for my roller, or DP makes a huge difference, while leaving my opponent with nothing to spend the money on.

I can see what you are trying to say, but to presume cash has no effect is frankly some way off the mark.

I didn't say it had no effect, but it does have very little impact in the vast majority of games, I also understand the example you give but how often is that actually going to happen?

As you say if you are due to get 40k and you want a bribe you will have to spend a 100k to get that bribe. Is this not the point in money in the new rule set? For example one of the reasons Undead could perform better agianst CPOMB teams apparently is the use of Igors, so allowing them to spend their money would make them more competative which is surely a good thing? Forcing them to cut their money seems to be a little bit of a handicap.

Also if the top divisions dont have any TW cap then would that not allow them to accumulate huge sums of money in the top divisions which may make life harder for the teams coming up through the divisions to stay there?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Also if the top divisions dont have any TW cap then would that not allow them to accumulate huge sums of money in the top divisions which may make life harder for the teams coming up through the divisions to stay there?

That might be the case in a division with only 1 or 2 relegations, but the WIL prem has a 50% team relegation chance.

Think about it this way, if you were thinking about joining WIL with a new team, would you still be tempted if you saw a 2,500 TW team in the bottom division?
 Jump to: