90 coaches online • Server time: 21:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2007 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

[url=http://www.blood-bowl.net/teamicons/orcacola.gif]Image[/url]

Orca-Cola Cup Series 08/07

- Picks - Schedule - Match Reports -

Ok, a new month brings a new round of OCCS tournaments! With your roving reporter back from his travels across the pond (and having slightly too much time on his hands at work), it's time for some more Picks! I'll get us started with my humble predictions but feel free to pitch in and either dispute or support me. I think I shall start out with the TR 176-200, Albion Regional Challenge and then add the other tournaments when time and motivation allows.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Picks: Albion Regional Challenge 08/07

First Round

Dying to Play You vs Space Hulk Mutiny
This reporter has been on the receiving end of these particular ogres, and let me tell you, the Space Hulk Mutiny are not to be taken lightly. However, I can't see them making it past the first round against this undead team. Dying to Play You sport three blodgers, and AG4 ones at that! Without tackle the ogres are really going to be struggling and I can't see TTM saving them this time (not that I'm bitter!).

Pick: 2-0 Dying to Play You

Traumatic Tripleskulls vs Döden från Örebro
This first round match pits the only two rotter sides in the competition against each other. It promises to be a close and bloody match (especially if Scumwart gets going for the Tripleskulls). The Tripleskulls have the advantage in skills as all that tackle on Döden från Örebro is of no use to them, while the extra guards for the Tripleskulls will be very helpful. But on the other hand Döden från Örebro have the numbers advantage. Going to have to call it in favour of McMagnus' Döden från Örebro, as good use of their DP to take Scumwart out of the game should see them to victory.

Pick: 2-0 Döden från Örebro

Dead Alive! vs General's Army
The third match of the round sees our mighty commisioner, bampf's Necros taking on the Undead of Ronnie4655. Looks like it's going to be an entertaining and this reporter will definately be trying to watch (and not just 'cos his side face the victors!). General's Army have one of the best ghouls around in Sergent Pinky. This ST 5 blodging monster is certain to play a big role in this match. Mainly as a target for bampf, but with the need of two assists just for a 1d it's going to be tough. I hate to bet against bampf with his wealth of experience in the OCCS, but in this case I see the General's Army grinding out a victory. Now, if stars were allowed in the OCCS then that 100k in the bank for Dead Alive could mean a completely different story.

Pick: 2-1 General's Army

Evil Buffé vs P.E. Public Enemy
This game promises to be another close first round match. We see two teams with winning records, the chaos of WarlordBob facing off against the chaos dwarfs of SteelThunder. The Dwarfs as ever hold a strong advantage on the guard front and I feel in a straight up fight they would be the victors. However the Buffé have a couple of AG 4 beasts so some elfball isn't off the cards. In Distributor of Pain P.E. have the perfect ball carrier and I feel this combined with the lack of skills on Buffé's chaos warriors should give the victory to SteelThunder. Think it will be a close affair though which could well go down to OT where the bashing prowess of P.E. should have told.

Pick: 2-1(OT) P.E. Public Enemy

Last edited by Azrahn on %b %06, %2007 - %14:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2007 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody wants to dispute my claims!? Come on, don't be shy! Smile I'll have a go at the latest Middenheim Challenge now and see if I can be more controversial!

The Picks: Middenheim Challenge 08/07

First Round

Off-Topic vs Die Walkure
The first match sees the relatively new chaos of Bob_Hobgoblin facing off against bampf's humans. The chaos are unskilled compared to the humans but they have a significant advantage in numbers. Die Walkure fielding just eleven players for this match. Off-Topic will be relying on taking out players early and hoping that the handicap will be of some use to them. Very close one to call. I'm going to have to go with Die Walkure, just because of bampfs extensive experience in the OCCS and the lack of tackle for Off-Topic meaning the catchers will have a relatively safe time. Could quite easily swing the other way depending on early armour rolls.

Pick: 2-1 Die Walkure

Anti-Deforestation Committee vs Grungis headache
A wood elf versus dwarf match up is the second game of round one. The dwarfs of Gus are relative rookies when compared to the Committee coached by Cpt_Fluffy. The AG4 blitzer, Hogan gives the Headache a bit more ball playing ability than normal and a DP means if they ever do catch an elf he could be in trouble. With the elves having both more guard and more players as well as their natural advantages of speed and agility I just can't see the dwarves pulling off a win here.

Pick: 3-0 Anti-Deforestation Committee

World Warrior Elfs vs Bampf let us Die!!
In this match we see the dark elf, Warriors of SteelThunder facing off with the necros of jkarr. The necros have four blodgers which could be a real problem for the Warriors to deal with. They have just one tackler on the team, in the form of blitzer, Randy Savage who I feel with have a large target painted on his chest. If werewolf, Agent Moulder doesn't take him out you have to assume he'll be feeling the boot of DP, Scrappy! Going to have to call it in favour of Bampf let us Die although I think the dark elves will make it tight.

Pick: 2-1 Bampf let us Die!!

Bondens Traktorer vs Gothenburg Geckos
So we see the halflings of McMagnus taking on Pirog's lizards. The Geckos sport a well rounded set of saurus for this TR level with all but on already having block. Facing up to them is a fairly beat up fling side, with three starting players out leaving them with just eleven players for the match. Two DPs left in the team though and they'll be looking to follow up the trees blocking work. The only thing stopping me calling this straight away for the lizards is their limited re-rolls and how much more limited they'll be after the chef works his magic. Got to say if the trees are tied up and the rest of the saurus get assists for some 3d blocks they should still have the win. Much as I hate to bet against the plucky stunty sides!

Pick: 2-0 Gothenburg Geckos

Middenheim Mausoleum vs Dandelion Lovers
This match is doubly important to this reporter, one as it's the home team of the tournament, and second because he's coaching it! Got to say it's not looking good for the Mausoleum. With a healthy and skilled bunch of elves the Lovers look incredibly dangerous on offence. How their defence is going to hold up with out the woodies favourite, strip ball will have to be seen but I think it'll be solid. The only hope for the Mausoleum is securing the ball and going for the slow grind. Praying to nuffle to give them some luck on the armour rolls on the way. Can't see them stopping the elves running away with the victory but Eldwulf and Leofric will be hoping to make it at least a painful experience!

Pick: 2-1 Dandelion Lovers

Corpse Anathomy vs Tails of the Crypt - League
The final tie of the round sees two necro sides squaring up, and a close match it will be for sure. Corpse Anatomy have the numbers and DP advantage plus the supreme scoring threat of werewolf, Trapezius. The Tales on the other hand are a team built for the slow grind. With three guards to their opponents none and an AG4 wight, Show Down to deliver the ball safely to the cage I can't see the Anatomy stopping it, especially without a tackler to take down the ghoul who will surely be in charge of the football. Might well come down to who has the sharpest claws but my money is on the Tales to take it.

Pick: 2-1 Tales of the Crypt - League

Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

With a bit of time on my hands with no league games available I'd thought I'd add my picks for this months Antipodal Regional Shield. Hope you enjoy 'em!

The Picks: Antipodal Regional Shield 08/07

First Round

Snow White's Pimps vs Mafia Massacre Forever
Our first match of the round sees dwarfs facing off against orcs in a true maul. With neither side having faced their opponents race before there isn't much to go on in the form book. With the two sides equal on guard (with three apiece) the strength advantage has to be with the Massacre. Both sides also sport a few MBs and an AG4 ball handler. Very close one to call with the extra stength of the Massacre pitted against the slightly more resilient Pimps. This one I might well get wrong but going to put my faith in the TS underdogs and give it to the Massacre.

Pick: 2-1(OT) Mafia Massacre Forever

Gothenburg Groggers vs Moria Warthogs
Here we have a norse versus dwarf affair which could well turn bloody, especially for the Groggers. The Groggers of Pirog have a deep bench which I feel they might need. They also sport twin DPs, good use of them is going to be vital if they're to win this match. The Warthogs look to be the strong favourites with plenty of guard, a ST4 blitzer in Durin along with a spattering of MB. Not to mention the agile Bilbo. With a fairly disappointing record though, especially against norse (4-0 losers last time out) there could be an upset here. Having to put my faith in the stronger roster but Pirog could well pull off an upset here.

Pick: 2-1 Moria Warthogs

Ronto Szellemek vs NT Necros
An all necro match-up is the third tie of the round. We see BlackOrc's Ronto Szellemek facing off with the NT Necros of LEAFAR. The sides appear to be very closely matched. Both sporting unskilled zombies, an AG4 ball handler and some tasty looking werewolves. Ronto Szellemek can count on their ST4 werewolf, CsipdMeg to do some damage. While the NT Necros have the AG4 Were II who will be a nightmare to tie down. With just one tackler Ronto Szellemek could struggle to deal with the five blodgers of the NT Necros. Really close one to call with such even sides. Going to have to throw my hat in for the NT Necros due to all that extra blodge.

Pick: 2-1 NT Necros

Karak Varn Anvils vs Black Network
The final tie of the round sees another head to head between lauth81 and myself. I have to say the Anvils feel far more confident than the Mausoleum in their match up. Black Network sport some skilled positionals and a deep bench of rookie zombies but the Anvils will have to hope to not get too tied down and allow their MB to go to work on those werewolves. If they don't take them down then those claws could do all sorts of damage and if the dwarves numbers are depleted they really wont stand much of a chance in this match. Have to call one in my favour really and I think this one should be tight but hoping the Anvils will grind out the win.

Pick: 2-1(OT) Karak Varn Anvils

Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I seem to have missed most of the first round matches for the Reikland Rookie Cup this month but I shall make some predictions for the ones that are left and attempt to keep up with you guys and get the picks out before the second round gets played! These ones should probably be called guesses more than picks but we shall see.

The Picks: Reikland Rookie Cup 08/07

First Round

New Grindaholics vs Whole frenzied
Right, well the first match sees two virtually identical dwarven sides taking to the field. The only difference is the Grindaholics dropping a troll slayer in favour of a couple more FF. Looks like I'll have to be evaluating the coaches on this one. Djimi-Anglais, coach of the Grindaholics seems a relative newcomer to fumbbl but seems to be a bit of a bearded one enthusiast. With a combined record of 8/2/1 with the short guys it also looks like he knows how to use them. BlackOrc on the other hand appears to have never coached dwarves before, at least not on fumbbl at any rate. Can only go on his record with the bashier teams, and with two orc sides sporting winning records he seems to be fairly adept with caging play too! Going to be a tight one where the early armour rolls are key (as with most rookie matches!). Have a feeling this will be a 1-0 or 2-1(OT) victory, but to who I can't really say. Might even be down to the coin toss for who gets the ball in overtime. Going to go for Djimi-Anglais just because of the extra experience he has with the dwarves.

Pick: 2-1(OT) New Grindaholics

Lambeau's Legends vs Orquillos
A classic match here, humans against orcs. The orcs in particular seem to be built for early wins, sacrificing FF and re-rolls to have a full line-up of black orcs and blitzers. Both sides also sporting an apothercary which I feel might be more important for the Legends but will certainly be helpful for whichever team manages to keep going in the tournament. It seems to be Vorkaaz's first time out with humans here on fumbbl so not much to go on their. LEAFAR on the other hand seems to have plenty of experience with the green skins, although with a mixed amount of success. The orcs may struggle with only two re-rolls and no thrower to give them that free sure hands re-roll on the pick-up. The humans on the other hand have little way to deal with the four black orcs other than tieing them up with lineman and praying to Nuffle their armour holds up. As ever at this level it's anyones game, but I'm going to put my faith in the humans and their extra skill and team re-rolls.

Pick: 2-1 Lambeau's Legends

Bampf! vs Axes of Righteousness
An ogre versus dwarf match up closes out round one. Now these tend to always be bloody affairs, if the ogres start rolling well then those longbeards could be in for some pain. Otherwise, if the bearded ones catch up with any goblins then it's they who probably won't be getting up! The dwarf side of Mirascael seems to be built for the long haul, going for just two blitzers on the postional front in favour of extra re-rolls and an excellent FF. Going to have to go with the dwarves on this one I think. They're tough enough to take tieing up the ogres and the rest of the team can go stunty hunting while the ogres are busy. Would have been easier for them if they'd had a slayer or two to take down an ogre should he end up with the ball but I feel that's unlikely. Should be a good game to watch, and with the added threat of a TTM against a slow dwarven side it could get interesting.

Pick: 2-0 Axes of Righteousness

Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Almost done with the first round picks. Just the one more tournie to go now!

The Picks: Orcland Wooden Shield 08/07

First Round

Drakwald Reavers vs Midnite Marauders
The first match sees the chaos of BlueDragoon against the dark elves of funboy420. Neither coach seems to have much experience with their chosen race here on fumbbl, especially funboy420 where this is his first outing with any form of elves. BlueDragoon can call on some experience with the rotters, having a 6/0/2 record with them up to this point. The Reavers have a bit more resilience than the Marauders mainly due to their apothercary but the only strength differential is the horns for the chaos giving them a ST4 blitz each turn. With the extra agility and skills on the dark elves (block is vital at lower levels) I'm going to call this one for the dark elves, despite their coaches limited experience with the race.

Pick: 2-0 Midnite Marauders

Nekoh's Sand Runner vs Zlurpee Pwned
The second match sees a khemri versus lizardmen affair. The lizards could be hurting as they start with just ten players and those mummies will be looking to remove a few more. With jahorin having a 2/2/13 record across all his khemri sides though the lizards could be in with a shout. Especially given the lack of any blitz-ras in the Runners squad, meaning they'll be relying on a lot of POWs to take down the pesky skinks. It looks like jkarr has plenty of experience with the scaly ones, although with a mixed record (18/4/16). I have a feeling the lizards with their greater scoring threat should do well in this game as the skinks will have almost free reign. Whether they'll come out with much of a team the other end though is questionable!

Pick: 2-0 Zlurpee Pwned

Wrath of Amu Nesehu vs Scottish_Claymores
Here we see Pirog's khemri facing off with the norse of SteelThunder. There is enough of a TR differential here for the norse to get a handicap and they'll be hoping it's a good one. Anything which takes out one or more Wrath players would be good. Even better if it's the mummies. The TR gap can best be seen by the fact the Wrath sport four mummies, three of which have been skilled up and one even has two skills. It will be important for the Claymores to keep the mummies out of the game but with AV7 man marking might leave them without much of a team. Might have to be going for a running play, trying to leave the mummies behind. But with only average agility and a limited number of re-rolls for the dodges it could be tough. The khemri have a poor record so far (1/3/3) but I think they really should turn it around here. Will depend on early AV rolls for both sides where one or two players KO or worse will turn the tide for a full scale rout. As the khemri have all the MB I have to put my money on them doing more damage and hence coming out the victors. Wouldn't be suprised if the norse pulled out something special though, although I can't see them having much of a team left if they win.

Pick: 2-1 Wrath of Amu Nesehu

Gittaz vs Ossea Sapiens Nobili
The first real elfball (even if one team is rats!) match of the tournie. Windozee with his Gittaz is a bit of an unknown quantity with this being his first outing with the rats, and only his second team on fumbbl. soren72 on the other hand has a wealth of experience across all the elven races and I expect him to do just as well with these high elves as his other teams. The teams are evenly matched as you'd expect at this TR. The rats with slightly more pace but much more fragile (even though they do have an apoth, while their opponents don't). But with the high elves being the more agile. I'm going to have to call this by the coaches records here on fumbbl and give the win to soren72. Windozee might yet suprise us though.

Pick: 2-1 Ossea Sapiens Nobili

Titty Twisters vs This should have been a stunty
Final match and it's a orc versus khemri one. Neither coach has much past history with their chosen race so it's going to be a tough one to call. The orcs feature a full line-up of blitzers along with a pair of black orcs and a troll, Pu'Eater. The khemri on the other hand have solid mummies (especially the ST6, Big pointy teeth) along with the almost obligatory DP. Looking at the coaches records with other bashy sides then it's Gus who has the more experience, although his orc sides don't tend to have a brilliant record. Reimar however has a dwarf side with an even record (6/0/6) but that's about it for bashy style teams. Going to have to go with the more experienced coach and call it for the khemri. If the armour rolls go well and regenerate fails the khemri then it could be a whole different story though.

Pick: 2-1(OT) This should have been a stunty

prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wheres the 2nd and 3rd round predictions?

BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, Azhran plays vs BlackOrc and looking at the odds I think Azhran just cannot find the correct words how to pick it in a non-self-boostig manner.
So here I help:

Antipodal Regional Shield 08/07

Second Round

Karak Varn Anvils vs Rontó Szellemek

Rontó Szellemek has all the positions and a great bunch of unskilled Zombie on his roster. Positionals worth mentioning are the the fast wolf, the strong wolf (both blocking), and the nimble Wight (though niggled). Their record is a sad 4win4loss.

Karak Varn Anvils not only have a higher TR (178 vs 157) but TS (190 vs 173) too. Those high numbers werent that frightening by themselves if it wasnt reached with a 13/0/0 record...
If this wasnt convincing enough, the team includes 6 Guards, a ST4 blodger Runner, and 2 MB to hit painfully. All those Tackles nullify the few Dodgers the Szellemek has. After all this horror the SS Longbeard looks to provide some fun as he will dance around Smile

A "secret weapon" is the Handicap for the Necros, but the Dwarfs can balance even this if they bring along their Runesmith.

So far the Dwarfs look to have slightly better odds to win the match, hehe. The question is the score. Just lets have a glance on the TD Diff. WHAAAAAT? 24-3??? Lets look at it better again. Hm, still it is that. OK, before suggesting the Necros conceding in advance lets go into the details.
There were 3 games vs Necros, and these matches saw 2 TDs out of 3 in the Dwarfs endzone. Getting deeper, last much was just a vs Neco. Since that there was not much change on the Dwarf team (the SS, if I am correct) and the Necro team resembles a lot to the Szellemek (well, "it's the coach, not the team" has to be added). And it ended 2-1.

All this said, and including BlackOrc's wishes the pick here is:
2-1 Karak Varn Anvils
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

/me does the pickin' too

Amorical Regional Playoffs 08/07

Tor Anroc Talons vs. Disciples of Entropy

We have a game between 258/211 Elves and 236/226 Chaos.

The key is again the number of Tacklers. Chaos has 2 players with Tackle, and Elves have 8 blodgers. But Chaos compensates this with Claw+Block Minotaur (why can't I roll so many doubles?) and another Claw + 3 Mighty Blows.

Both teams have the gold for Wizard, and both teams have 13 players for the game. And again both have enough rerolls too.

So let's take a look at their earlier games vs. the opposing race:

Elves have 2-0 record against Chaos so far. And Chaos hasn't played against Pro Elves before. But if we look combined record against other elves (High, Wood and Dark) we get a record of 2-2-7.

According to those stats, it seems that Elves have an edge here. Chaos just seems to be unable to dominate those pointy ears.

So therefore the pick is
3-1 Tor Anroc Talons

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2007 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The Picks: Albion Regional Challenge 08/07

Semi-Final

Zorn Uzkul Slavers vs P.E. Public Enemy
This semi sees two chaos dwarf sides competing for the right to challenge for the title. The sides look well matched and both sport a wizard so expect some craziness throughout the match. The advantage looks to lie with SteelThunder as he has more guard, more players and an amazing bull in Distributor of Pain. The Slavers do have a DP which they'll have to put to good use and two mobile bulls, but I just can't see how they're going to win this one.

Pick: 2-0 P.E. Public Enemy

SteelThunder

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2007 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

They didn't.

P.E. Wins!
SteelThunder

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2007 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

They didn't.

P.E. Wins!
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

As these threads aren't too long I thought I'd just rename them and we can keep using them until they get a little too cumbersome! Not had a chance to write any picks just yet but I'll try and work on some this afternoon. If anyone else would like to kick us off with some predictions for the 09/07 tournies they'd be much appreciated. I think I may well start with this months major, the Bloodweiser Cup! Check back for an update soon.
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Orca-Cola Cup Series 09/07

I'll kick things off for this month with my picks for the Bloodweiser Cup. More to follow later to complete the first round!

The Picks: The Bloodweiser Cup

First Round

Blitzburgh Stealers vs Gothenburg Gitz
So an all orc affair kicks off the Bloodweiser this year. According to the TS formula it's the Gitz of Pirog that go into this match as the favourites. But I have a feeling it could be a very cagey affair (anyone with a more cringe worthy pun please get in touch!). Both teams seem to have relatively few guards for this TR but I think in the Stealer's case that's because their black orcs just can't stop rolling doubles. Those three stand firm road blocks could be a real pain for the Gitz to deal with. The Stealer's also have the guard advantage, featuring four in their line-up as opposed to the Gitz three. The Gitz however do have a slight numerical advantage and feature more MB on their team. Such a tight one to call I really might as well just toss a coin. In fact it could well be the toin coss for OT which decides the victor. Going to have to give it to Pirog and the Gitz with their slightly better winning record being enough to tip it.

Pick: 2-1 (OT) Gothenburg Gitz

GreenTime vs Nashers
What? Another all orc affair...can I just copy and paste my comments from above and just change some names!? Wink No? Ok, here goes then. This time we see BlackOrc's GreenTime taking on the Nashers of prophane. GreenTime have a brilliant 11/1/2 record so they look to be the pre-match favourites. Having never faced another orc side in that time though we'll have to see how they cope with them. The Nashers on the other hand can call on three past games against greenskins. Unfortunately the best of those was a draw though so we'll have to hope they've learnt something from the experience! The Nashers are the more capable with the ball, featuring two AG 4 linemen in their squad. The other stars of their line-up are clearly the skilled up black orcs, both having featured in 38 games for the Nashers. The GreenTime on the other hand are a well rounded squad with no real stars but look to combine well. I'm going to have to give this one to BlackOrc and his GreenTime as they have more guard and a much better record. If the extra MB of the Nashers comes into play though it could be a completely different story!

Pick: 2-1 GreenTime

Fate's Destiny vs Crypt Cadavers II
The Bloodweiser this year seems to be the tournie of mirror matches. This time an all necromantic affair with the Destiny of reimar taking on the Cadavers of Mr_Prezident. Going to be an interesting one here. The Destiny have more upfront bashing capability featuring a ST 5 golem, Frankenstein and a smattering of guard. The Cadavers on the other hand look to be better with the ball, featuring an AG 5 wight, Darksoul and an AG4 wolf, Darksable. The Destiny are missing a wolf while the Cadavers are missing their blodge ghoul which is almost as important. I think the missing wolf could make this tough for the Destiny. Although the lack of tackle on the Cadavers wolves means they won't be as effective taking out their opposite numbers as they'd hope to be. Going to have to go with the Cadavers edging this one as in the break down they'll have a better chance of stealing the ball and making the defensive TD to take the match.

Pick: 2-1 Crypt Cadavers II

Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2007 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The Orcland Wooden Shield 12/07

Round 1 Deadline: December 8th

mkberto's Durrag-Dol Avengers vs capt_m's Human Punching Bag

Both teams are not in prime shape--9 dwarfs against 11 humans. Even if we assume that the TrollSlayer will not niggle out, mkberto will be fighting an uphill battle. He will be helped by the Punching Bag's overall lack of block, but if capt_m can protect his catchers, then I do not see the dwarfs being able to win. capt_m will take some damage however, and may not be in the best shape for Round 2, despite getting his MNGs back.

The Pick-1-0 win for Human Punching Bag

grant85's Champions of Natural Selection vs Kill-kill's Parental Guidance Suggested

Although I only have 10 players, I think my higher strength and blitzers with tackle will allow me to slowly grind to a victory. If the BoB niggles out it will be considerably more difficult, but I see grant85 taking a few casualties early on. My 7 Fan Factor lead will prove useful on the kick-off. I should be able to avoid any significant damage.

The pick--2-0 win for Parental Guidence Suggested
Result-2-0 win for Parental Guidence Suggested

follyward's Ale Saliors vs prophane's Many Faces of Ed

This one is very, very hard to call. At first glance, the Faces are considerably more skilled, but will be giving up a handicap. follyward is the better coach, but he is playing without any Rerolls. If prophane can make his Claw work, he will gain the edge. However, follyward's handicap may tip this one the other way--what if a morley's comes up? The elves would dance circles around the Necromantics, but without a reroll I can't see them pulling the win off. If the elves do manage to win in spite of the reroll situation, they will most likely have a few players out for Round 2, whereas the Necros should be fine with their Regeneration.

The Pick-2-1 OT win for the Many Faces of Ed
Result--2-1 win for the Many Faces of Ed

Cyco's Wormeaten vs Pirog's Organized Konfusion

Pirog has certainly taken Stunty team's ability to hire stars to heart. With a bomber, fanatic, and chainsaw all taking the pitch, he will have distinct advantage over Cyco's Undead. The trolls and mummies should match up fairly well, with the slight advantage going to the mummies. However, the bomb will wreak havoc on the mummies and zombies on the pitch. The chainsaw should be able to deal with the ghouls without breaking a sweat. However, if Pirog gets some bad Secret Weapon rolls (either tossed, hurting themselves or killing his own players), Cyco should have no problem mopping up the remainder of the goblins. However, Pirog will find himself short on cash in Round 2 and will struggle.

The pick-1-0 win for Organized Konfusion
Result-2-1 win for Wormeaten

Mossbeard's Underdeep Stalkers vs mwilli72's Medaling Men

Humans seem to be the team of the tournament, and here is another matched up against some Dark Elves. Mossbeard's Deepwood Stalkers, however, are in fairly rough shape. With only 9 players able to take their positions on the pitch (however, he has 70k in the treasury, so we may see an additional lineman or freebooters), he will be hard-pressed throughout the match. I think the deciding factor in this game will be mwilli72's catchers--Mossbeard will have a very hard time dealing with them, especially if his blitzers are tied down. Mossbeard does have a mighty blow and a dirty player, so with a little luck he may be able to reduce mwilli72's numbers enough to stay in the game.

The pick-1-0 win for the Medaling Men
Result--3-1 win for the Medaling Men

Gus' Guardians of the Holy Yellow vs Cyrus Havoc's Poet's Corner

Quite simply, Gus is going to get taken apart. He has no way to deal with the blodging blitzers or ag5 catcher. Cyrus-Havoc will advance relatively unscathed to Round 2. Fortunately, Gus has other teams in the OCS, so he might get to play more than one game this month.

The pick-2-0 win for Poet's Corner
The Result- Gus nooblucks the elfs. 2-0 win for the Holy Yellow

Omasu's Lustria Guards vs Lucky_Eddy's Star Fall's Fury

Omasu has a big lead in overall strength, with a full 6 sarus and a Kroxigor. Lucky_Eddy's only advantage is his two players with block, which I do not think will be enough to take out the skinks. Lucky_Eddy has some problems facing teams with higher strength, and I do not see him winning this one. However, with fragile skinks running around, Omasu may be in trouble for Round 2, but I think he will be fine.

The pick-2-1 win for the Lustria Guards

SteelThuder's Black_Fire_Pass_Blitzers vs joehall67's Uzkulak Rotten Fog

The only thing I have to say about this match can be summed up in two points. 1) Experienced Dwarfs vs New UD, and 2) joehall76 with 2 games in his fumbbl career, versus SteelThunder, with 676 fumbbl games.

The pick-3-0 win for the Black_Fire_Pass_Blitzers
Result--2-0 win for the Uzkulak Rotten Fog

Resulting with Round two looking as such:

capt_m's Human Punching Bag vs Kill-kill's Parental Guidance Suggested
prophane's Many Faces of Ed vs Pirog's Organized Konfusion
mwilli72's Medaling Men vs Cyrus-Havoc's Poet's Corner
Omasu's Lustria Guards vs SteelThunder's Black_Fire_Pass_Blitzers

Hope you guys enjoyed the read! I would appreciate any feedback.

Round 2 Deadline: December 16th

mkberto's Durrag-Dol Avengers vs Kill-kill's Parental Guidance Suggested

Although I only have 10 players, facing 9 Dwarfs I do not think I will have too much of a problem. mkberto's Trollslayers will have trouble beating down my four st4 players, and I think that will make the difference. mkberto's lack of speed will hurt him considerably when his players are on the ground. I see me advancing with a player out for the next game.

The Pick- 1-0 win for Parental Guidence Suggested

Cyco's Wormeaten vs prophane's Many Faces of Ed

Yet another close match. Essentially, we have two "dead" teams of very similar strength. Cyco has the advantage of his s5 mummies--however, without block these may prove to be simply a waste of Rerolls. prophane's money would be much more useful if he could hire star players (I am still not a big fan of this rule), but he will be able to freeboot a second werewolf--giving him a significant advantage in speed. All in all, these teams are so close, I think that it is going to come down to coaching skill. And there, Cyco has the advantage.

The Pick-2-1 win for Wormeaten

Gus' Guardians of the Holy Yellow vs mwilli72's Medaling Men

This time Gus is not going to succeed in his attempts to noobluck! His lack of block *will* be his downfall. He is also a noob for taking RSC before claw. In any case, unless Gus has some very nice block dice and manages to take quite a few humans off the pitch (like last time), mwilli72 should have no problems scoring.

The Pick-2-1 win for Medaling Men

joehall67's Uzkulak Rotten Fog vs Omasu's Lustria Guards

Omasu is looking at a very, very tough match. He only has a few skinks--which joehall67 will target with his wights. Omasu has only 1 reroll and no block--he will be plagued with turnovers all game. With Regeneration thrown into the mix, joehall67 should see almost all of his players make it to Round 3.

The Pick-2-0 win for Uzkulak Rotten Fog

Leaving Round 3 looking as such

Kill-kill's Parental Guidence Suggested vs Cyco's Wormeaten
mwilli72's Medaling Men vs joehall67's Uzkulak Rotten Fog

Phew. Round Two is finally up. Hope you enjoy the reading!

But you made up the reasons to fight

Last edited by Kill-Kill on %b %11, %2007 - %00:%Dec; edited 5 times in total
prophane

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What an upset, Uzkulak Rotten Fog beats Black Fire Pass Blitzers 2-0 in a first round upset that saw a Death and an Serious Injury to 2 Dwarves! Gonna have to watch the replay on this one folks!!

Congrats Joehall76, and welcome to the OCCS!!!

Jump to: