32 coaches online • Server time: 01:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

With the advent of the dropping of G for BG-stunties I revamped my idea for stunty beastmen as well.
Dropped G access across the board, dropped the animosity (to bothersome), lowered st to 3 on dedicated gors and lowered ma to 5 on ungors but gave them physical access.
Think thats all changes so here it is and remember, 2 Dedicated (i.e. st3) players, not 8 as some people who wont bother to read thaught the last time. Wink

<b>Bray Herd.</b>

Deep in the Darkwald Forest in the northern Empire few men fear to tread.
It is a place of old beliefs and of evil creatures.
It is a place controled by the beastmen.
They call themselves Gors and now they have arrived to grace not the secluded clearings of their dark forest but the bloodsoaked bloodbowlfields of the old world. And where is the fields more dreanched with the blood of maimed players than the Stunty Leeg?
Led by fearsome Gors dedicated to the various gods of chaos the tribes called Bray Herds form their teams.
Alongside them is their unpredictable cousins the Centigors, so drunk they can harldly keep on their hooves these centaurlike beastmen stumble onto the field.
To fill out their numbers are the smallest of the species, the Ungor. Vicious and hungry they are eager to join their bigger relatives in the hunt for mayhem, glory and a freash meal of their fallen foes.

Rerolls:70k
Apo: yes

<b>0-16 Ungor</b>
The meat and bones of all Bray Herds.
Rather ordinary stuntyplayers with the usual low strength and armour.
While some teams have armourvalues of 7 on the bulk of the team I feel
the unarmoured Ungors doesn´t merit that.
Ma-5 St-2 Ag-3 Av-6
Stunty, Dodge, Horns
Access-PhA
Cost-40k

<b>0-1 Centigor</b>
Strong and durable but unpredictable to say the least.
While their constant drinking makes them rather dullwitted it also makes
them fearless enough to go up against any foe.
Ma-6 St-4 Ag-2 Av-9
BG, Sprint, Dauntless, Thick Skull, Very Stupid
Access-S
Cost-100k
Possible look:
ImageImage

<b>0-2 Dedicated Gors.</b>
A bit like the ogres on the Gnoblar team you get to have <b>up to two dedicated Gors chosen among these four types</b>.
While they are only ST3 they, like the Centigor, have the Big Guy Negative trait.

0-2 Slaangor
Dancing dealers of death.
The Slaangor have sacrificed armour for speed just as they will sacrifice
their enemies to the god who gave them his favoured weapon, the sleek
claws of Slaanesh.
Ma-6 St-3 Ag-3 Av-7
Wild Animal, Horns, Razor Sharp Claw
Access-A
Cost-90k

0-2 Tzeengor
Potential in change.
While the Tzeengor might look like the weakest at a first glance their
access to all kinds of skills makes them the players with the biggest
potential. As worshipers of Tzeench they are also the only dedicated
capable of developing mutations.
Ma-6 St-3 Ag-3 Av-8
Wild Animal, Horns
Access-PhSAP
Cost-90k

0-2 Khorngor
Crazed berserkers dedicated to Khorne.
These strong but rather insane players fulfills the demands of the god of
blood with a lack of finesse that truly pleases him.
Ma-6 St-3 Ag-2 Av-8
Horns, Frenzy, Wild Animal
Access-S
Cost-90k

<b>Starplayers</b>
I´m not sure if they really need a starplayer but here goes anyway.

The Spawn of Chaos/ The Blessed One
None can remember his name so he is only called The Spawn (or The Blessed One if a more personalised name is better).
Rumored to have once been a mighty Beastlord on his path to deamonhood this wretched soul fell from grace.
This pitiful heap of mutated flesh is sometimes dragged from his lair in the outskirts of the Darkwald Forest and brought to the bloodbowlfield in chains to be unleashed upon the herds haples foes.

Ma-3 St-5 Ag-1 Av-9
Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Tentacles, Foul Appearance, Very Long Legs, Two Heads, Extra Arms, OFAB (with no thralls this makes him as unpredictable as the Spawn of Chaos he is)
Cost-90k? (I really have no idea what is reasonable for a player such as this)

Might give them a Mino as well for Fluff reasons. How about Grashnak for about 30k more?

<b>Possible tweaks that can be made</b>
Appart from the obvious tweak of changing prices a possible tweak might be to change the configuration of the dedicated gors.
They could be upped to 3, changed to a maximum of one of each type or the Centigor could count as dedicated so you had the option of dropping him for another of the dedicated ones.

PS Centaur icon made by Pat from his webpage filled with icons DS

Last edited by orko_oskar on %b %20, %2007 - %06:%Sep; edited 3 times in total
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Please feel free to come up with ideas.
Constructive criticism is always a good thing.

//orko_oskar
Athenian

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Love it, simply and purely. Smile
Well done.
As to the rules i cannot say, i do not play enough stunty games.
From what i can tell, maybe AV8 on the centigor. "/ He looks a little beefy.
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You might have a point there but I´m not sure as he has do g-access, st4, bg and very stupid.
With av 8 he might run the risk of being a total gimp.
Then again, that might be fun as well Wink
Synn

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The issue with this team is the "dedicated Gors" part. You have one which is 7 3 3 7. Look at that statline for a second...

Remember the average statline in stunty is 5 2 3 6ish. That player is WAY too good for a stunty team.

I like the basic players for the team. 5 2 3 6 with horns is cool. Rather then making the focus of the team on these interchangeable Gors (Christer also pointed out that you can no longer a "up to two dedicated _____ chosen among these four types" player system), you could focus the team more on the basic players by giving them something few other stunties have...

Strength Access.

Imagine the basic linos being:

0-16 Ungor 5 2 3 6 Stunty, Dodge, Horns AS
0-2 Beastigor 6 3 2 7 Horns, Frenzy GS
0-1 Mino

This makes the team wild without being too good at that whole ball thing. Plus, three frenzy off the bat is more then any other stunty team. Finally, even if Big Guys lose General Access.... the killers are the Beastigors. At 31 spps you are looking at 2 possible block, tackle, MB, Horns, Frenzy players roaming around on a team that already has guard access. Thats just plain evil. Lowering their AG just tries to stop them from being ball handlers.

__Synn
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You do have a point about the slaangors move, will edit it down to 6.
As for the rest I think you might have missed the fact that none of them have G-access and they all have BG eventhough they only have st3 (and 4 in the case of the centigor).
The only ones with frenzy (khorngor) also have the Wild Animal negative trait on top of the BG-trait.
As for the whole "chose 2 from a list of 4"-issue we already have that in stunty. The Gnoblars choses 2 ogres from a list of 3, this is not different from that. It´s acctually exactly the same way of choosing.

Strengthwise I honestly don´t see a problem with one st4 and 2 st3 guys.
You have to put it into the context that we have a league where most teams have 2 st5 guys and 2 teams have 3 st5-6 guys. further we have the Slaves wich have 2 st3-nonBG´s backed up with guard.

Good call on the slaangor movement though, will edit now.
Pheel

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

As they are Chaos based would they have access to mutations also?
I think Synn may be right in the case of some of the "dedicated", Tzneetch chap will be most heavily used by a long shot I'd have thought.
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Only Tzeengor and the normal Ungor have access to Physicals.
With av8, st3 and no rr´s a longshot might be wishful thinking but he do have the biggest potential and rightly so as an agent of th Changer of the Ways.
Synn

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Orko,

Christer had already said that it would be impossible to limit it to 0-2 of four different types of players. He has also said the client can't grant physicals without a double being rolled.

The big issue is not just the Slannigor being MA 7......

It was more the combination of ST 3 and AG 3. The only person close to having that kind of ball potential is the squig hopper..... who is expensive, AV 7, has OFAB, and plays for the worst team ever.

I think the point of creating new stunty teams is to say "how do they PLAY different from the normal races". Not really to compare their "bashing" potential to other teams. Remember.... there are a number of teams with ST 1 players. Your basic linos here blitz them on 3 dice.

__Synn
KingKong

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Just remove the pestigor, since that looks nurglish. And you will have the exakt same system as gnoblars =) Tough i think the MA looks high on those dedicated players. I also think all those should have physical access. Anything else makes less sense to me. on a double this team should mutate.
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

@synn, ofcourse you would need doubles for mutations as they are physical traits, that one goes without saying.
As for the 0-2 of 4. Are you telling me 0-2 of 3 is perfectly fine but not of 4?
If that´s the case it would be easy to do as KingKong suggested and remove the pestigors as there already exists a nurgling team.
As for the Slaangor I don´t realy feel that a player with Ma-6 St-3 Ag-3 Av-7 (bg) for 90k is such a bargain.
However, I asked for imput and healthy discussion is just that. Healthy.

As for refocusing the entire team w a mino and S for all stunties, I don´t aggree at all. St2 and guard for them all anyone?
The idea behind the team was to have fragile linos with a couple of different non-st5-positionals to make a team a little more versitile than many others. Not max out the positionals and stock up on the BG´s but a team where you have to descide how you want to play as early as team creation.

Anyway, thanks for the imput and keep it coming.
Synn

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The question is not whether 6 3 3 7 for 90k is a bargin. Compared to Ranked... its clearly not. This is in a league where everyone else is generally ST 2. If you are serious about keeping him then drop his AG to 2. Otherwise, he becomes an incredible ball carrier and that should not be the aim of him.

As for the S access..... guard is something that very few players have access to in Stunty (exception being the ST 1 slaves). This makes them a "bashy" type team with AV 6. This also means that if you want guard you will naturally have less side step and DT. Its a tradeoff which will make coaches think carefully about how they build them.

__Synn
johan

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2007 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Eshin proved that you have to be super-careful about letting scoring-capable "regular" players into Stunty. Fast, dependable ST3/AG3 players can be amazing scorers in Stunty.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Killhouse

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Please let this team idea die, there's a few good beastmen stunty teams floating around, and this is not one of them.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Killhouse wrote:
Please let this team idea die, there's a few good beastmen stunty teams floating around, and this is not one of them.

it's better than most i've seen, and i'm glad someone is coming up with ideas that are actually applicable to the GW universe, and not something retarded that has no ties (cephalapods anyone?...)

and it's presented well...and additionally, orko's actually taking the criticism in stride and listening to people instead of telling them to shove off....

nicely done...

or maybe, killhouse, this is just a crappy attempt to divert attention to your craptacular ideas?

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: