35 coaches online • Server time: 11:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2007 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I am going to fluff out a team just to get in on this :-p

Now I just need to decide--the Words or the Superintendents?

But you made up the reasons to fight
Khaan

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2007 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

My gobos would love one of those helmets and/or team logos. Link in my sig here.

The Boyz have a JanMattys helmet already, so you can see where colors are at, but your type would fit in a lot better with their snazzy style. For a team logo i always wanted a goblin being launched out of a circus cannon (thus the helmet design with the bullseye on it) but never was able to find a good one. I always envisioned a goblin being launched boots first. Spiky boots.

They're gobos after all.

The Boyz
ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2007 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this is one of the nicest things I've seen here in a while. I'd really like to jump in on this, late as I may be, but I'm at a loss. My most beloved team is the Undead "Sleeps With the Fishes." I've got a photo logo for them now, but that was really more of a gag. I'll try hard to come up with a logo, so that I can then begin begging for some artwork.

But even if I never get anything from you - this is a wonderful thing that you have done.

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2007 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I took the liberty of "borrowing" (some might say stealing but I'll make sure to credit you) some of the helmets as a basis for some og my other teams. I hope that's okay.

St. Anger Rams

[url=http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8656/ramshelmetbbstylevg2.gif]Image[/URL]

Warpstone 666ers

[url=http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/639/rathelmetbbstyleix4.gif]Image[/URL]

Zhufbar Blasters

[url=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4510/blasterhelmetbbstylerf4.gif]Image[/URL]

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2007 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Sleeps with the Fishes is waiting for their logo to be approved - in the meantime, I was reminded of another team, one I've had a love/hate relationship with.

I haven't had very good luck with my human team, and have considered retiring them many times. But I liked the name/theme too much to let them go.

The Hillbilly Hellcats have a good logo, and I refreshed their bio in the hopes that you'll want to work with them. Whether or not you do anything with them, you've rekindled my interest in playing them, so thanks again.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=66441

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to make hand-made (photoshop made if you like) logos for my teams but I had to do them only black/white mostly because I wasn't able to get them under those 10240 bytes. So I would welcome some advice on how to fit them under that size so that I can borrow (read "steal") one of those beautiful helmets of Bone_Idol's.
If you would look at mine teams note that only Hammer'n'Anvil, Hard Rock Hats and Forrest Gump Fanclub are hand-made, rest was found via google Embarassed .

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Gracehoper wrote:
I took the liberty of "borrowing" (some might say stealing but I'll make sure to credit you) some of the helmets as a basis for some og my other teams. I hope that's okay.

Yup...thats OK... Wink

Though let me explain...I would be upset if someone took my original helmets and, say, removed the RGB charactristics, turned them into layered ZIP files and offered them as a resource to players without my permission...

1.) they are unique, original designs...

2.) they are my unique, original designs...

3.) I wanna do that myself!!! Laughing

Even I except that with the helmets, all I've done is take a basic American Football helmet and re-imagine it in a BB context...to that extent they are only original as the specific drawings they are...from my own knowledge of intellectual property rights, I could not fight a court action if someone produced a similar image...what would be my argument? That I invented the idea of the spikey American Football helmet?! Of course I didn't...!

To a certain extent (well...a full and complete extent) I'm totally flattered at (particularily) the interest in the helmets...and the other imags too...

I didn't expect quite the lvl of interest that so many people hav edisplayed (and I get the feeling this is not an often trawled section of the forum...

But someone here quite recently published an article on the importance of "fluff" (background!)...which is true...and inherent within the context of BB...eg. if you had no idea of the humerous nature inherent in goblins/halflings, would you then play them if you though, my team are just a lot of short, weak American Football players? No...part of the fun of having a goblin or halfling team is the background we all share, knowing they are diminutive, yet interesting races...

The idea behind CABAL 5 is to add to that rich BB tapestry...so you can write a great bio of your team...but doesn't it also add to that team if you can imagine them visually...their strip, helmets, etc?

Hopefully CABAL 5 will help with this...you do not need to be a great illustrator to find/create a siutable image that represents your idea of your team...but from that moment on, whenever they score, intercept or foul, you will have the enhanced pleasure of being able to picture that event in glorious Technicolour!!! In my opinion, that xhould be as satisfying as at least putting a basecoat of colours on your models...

So what do I get out of it? well...CABAL 5 has run before, but when used for a Warhammer campaign, humerous events are less easy to identify...it may be against the odds for a unit of Night Gobbo's to rout a regiment of High Elf Spearmen, but without individual names and characters, how do you make it personal/humerous...hence I reorted to generalisations...see my "Dissing the Dwarves" thread...

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12416&start=0

In BB, every (well some or even most!) games can be attributed to a great tackle, a completely against the odds, re-rolled fumble or similar lunacy..though there is great skill to playing, the dice gods are fickle...perfect comedy!!! Laughing

MAking people cuckle is more imortant than images...and the helmets are only meant to be a little window dressing in a studio setting to facilitae this...but I have no intention at stopping at just 8 (for those of you who have already added one to your team BIO...you may see one yuo like more!)

For instance (imput gracefully recieved!) I'm not sure about just putting logos on BB human helmets...I have already designed BB helmets for just about every BB race! These are quite old, and not of same detail as new ones seen here, but should a Dark Elf team have to have its logo shown on a human helmet (especially with the excellent Dark Elf Daemon helmet I designed- I WANT a BB model of that myself!)

See if you can correctly name the races to the helmets...oh, go on...

@ ChangoLoco...late as it is? Read the whole thraed from scratch...this is jsut the prelim slot...CABAL 5 hasn't evenn started yet! Laughing

I wanted to show of my idea, the artwork in progress, and attract som eof the teams/coaches who've put the extra effort into this visual aspect of their teams...I decided that it would be nice/cool to show the artwork in the team colours of those who have responded showing interest- its only 2-3 mins work for me, and is far cooler for the coach in question! The images themselves are still save as B/W layers on my PC, and can pretty instantly be changed to ANY team config...as long as you dont expect me to host them on Photobucket for you! My generosity id somewhat less than infinite!

Thinking about it, and going back to boring old copyright...if I put your unique logo on my unique helmet- voluntarily- what is copyright? That specific image is OURS! not mine, not yours...so anyone who gets one is free to use it...there is as much of their unique work involed as mine...!

Last edited by Bone-Idol on %b %27, %2007 - %01:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mates wrote:
I like to make hand-made (photoshop made if you like) logos for my teams but I had to do them only black/white mostly because I wasn't able to get them under those 10240 bytes. So I would welcome some advice on how to fit them under that size so that I can borrow (read "steal") one of those beautiful helmets of Bone_Idol's.

Same here! The images I've made often FAR exceed the limit...so whilst the Rams make do with their tiny image, some of the people I have made helmets for have 3, 4 05 more images in their team BIO's...and big ones to boot!!! So just as here in Forum, I assume that you can somehow link external images in BIO...(the specified image is hosted here, so understandably the site wants to limit this!) But I cant figure it out- it dont seem to be HTML coding (as in Forum) so I is equally baffled...(your problem might be solved by using the "SAve for Web function, though rather than the "Save" of "Save As" fucntions...trust me...I had same issue and found "Save for Web" compresses images much more effectually...

But anyone who can explain how teams can get multiple images in BIO is god...

Anyway- just to reiterate (this was meant to be one thread, but I just couldn't hold it together man!) CABAL 5 is not just a helmet design thread...by expressing interest, you are exposing yourself to ridicule as well as praise...

Think of it like celebrity...you release a good song/film...the media love you...you get cought ala "Hugh Grant/Devine Brown"...they go to town on your A$$...!

BB is a humerous game...unlike (usually) Warhammer/40k, a single die roll can bring much entertainment...when your gobbo "accidentally" puts an ogre on the SI list in a one on one block, many humerous fluids can be extracted...just be the gobbo, not the ogre! (trust me- in true journalistic fashion, I will spectate, replay, question, etc...in the hunt for that CABAL 5 scoop!!!) Cool
Gracehoper

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting a pic up as team image: As Bone-Idol says, you have to use the "save for web" option in photoshop and tweak the settings there. A gif-file (needed for transparent background) will usually have to be in 16 or 32 colors and no bigger than about 200 x 200 pixels. In my experience there is no one right setting, you have to tweak it.

Getting pics in team bio: Yep, you have to use an external website. Imageshack.us, flickr.com and photobucket.com are all good options (though I think Imageshack is the only one where you don't have to make a profile). Here you can upload pictures up 1.5 mb.
You have to use another kind of code than in the forum, on Imageshack it's called "hotlink for website". It should look something like this:

[url=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8148/linkft9.png]Image[/URL]

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I actualy have this thread bookmarked it's a lifesaver
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9617

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Qaz

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I just took a sneak peak here from Thailand. And what do I see! Some Really nice stuff!
Bone Idole cant say it enough times how cool that stuff is.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Timppis

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

MeMeMeMeMeMeMe!!!

IwantBOBtosupportmyteammemememememem!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=372342

And the team colour scheme (of which there is a helmet and jersey somewhere on my comp) is a classic camouflage!

mememememememe! I want...
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Timppis wrote:
MeMeMeMeMeMeMe!!!

IwantBOBtosupportmyteammemememememem!

And the team colour scheme (of which there is a helmet and jersey somewhere on my comp) is a classic camouflage!

mememememememe! I want...

The camouflage is a pain in the arse to do! Plus your commando knife is too low resolution to make effective helmet logo...also it would make a very slim logo...in order to fit length in helmet, it would be very difficult to see...

I would suggest (though is your team!) a regimental motif, perhaps incorporating a skull, ball and wings...maybe knife vertical through centre?

Anyway, dont mean I aint done ya one anyway...the camo technique actually works much like the one for Burnalot, a few brown, green, beige layers carefully cut away...

Went with a kinda homage to Stanley Kubricks "Full Metal Jacket"...

ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

OK - so maybe I wasn't so late after all. Nonetheless, this sounds like lots of fun. Whether you're mocking me and my team for our ineptitude and lack of skill, praising Nuffle for bestowing luck upon us, or (much less likely) handing out respect for a well played match, is really irrelevant. Adding to the color and fluff of the matches is fun, which is sort of the point of the game, no?

It can help build character to a team - knowing how someone outside of the match (like the CABAL 5 commentators and fans) react to your team can help shape them. If they become hated for their dirty play, they could ham it up and become real heels. Maybe they are admired for their grit, or keep fans in awe due to their luck - doesn't matter. A bit more interaction is a bonus.

I'm hoping you'll have a 'call-in' style sports show, where fans can spec or watch replays of matches covered by CABAL, and then ask questions of the staff. This could lead to rivalries between teams as well - just plain fun.

So - as this creation of yours unfolds, it will be fun to watch, and hopefully participate. Both as a coach, and a fan.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2007 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i might have said this before but even if i did it's worth saying again.

THIS IS AWESOME

sweet graphics and the fluff of CABAL5 sounds GREAT. now all i have to do is make one of my teams worthy.

Bone-idol: If there is a pack for helmet making in the offing i would love to get my hands on it. i am pretty new to picture editing and layers but I love adding the fluff of my teams and while it would be cool if you (or anyone really) made me a helmet it is that bit more satisfying to have greater input than just the idea (i'm sure you know what i mean) and it's also less of a burden to do my own than expect someone else to make stuff for me.

again, Great idea and keep it going. if I can help you out in any way then drop me a PM or catch me in IRC.

Jump to: