42 coaches online • Server time: 18:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grave77digger

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2008 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Im trying to add custom portraits, but it isnt working.

I have have the GIFs in the pics directory and edited the portraits.ini as follows:

[PLAYERS]

HANDBANANA=hand banana.gif
CYBERNETIC GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST FROM THE FUTURE=ghostofchristmas.gif
EMORY=emory.gif
DR WEIRD=drweird.gif
MC PEE PANTS=mc pee pants.gif
OGLETHORPE=oglethorpe.gif
ROMULOX=romulox.gif
ERR=err.gif
HAPPY TIME HARRY=happytimeharry.gif
CARL BRUTANANADILEWSKI=carl.gif
IGNIGNOKT=ignignokt.gif

This is the team link http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=450056

Is there something im missing to make this work. I fogured it worked the same as using new icons for my players.
FrenchTart

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2008 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to not be a help, but damn you for using ATHF for your team before me Smile
Static

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2008 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it not be simpler to upload the images into your gallery on fumbbl and change the portrait image for each player, thus anyone playing/specing your team will see the portrait
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2008 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

are you trying to change the player portrait, in which case take the advice above about custom images. (i think the local portraits thing you appear to be doing might only work in stand alone without fumbbl login)

I think you have maybe been unclear about what you are trying to achieve and wonder if you are trying to use custom player icons for the little men on the pitch?

Sumicus

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2008 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an insane amount of images loaded to my FUMBBL Personal Gallery.
I noticed you are using GIFs. Not sure if this matters, but every single image I have loaded is in the .jpg format.

http://fumbbl.com/teams/Detroit+Love+Guns.html

If you need help, I can help you...
PM me.

::Edited::
Wait, you doing Icons?
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12173&start=30&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

- or -

You doing Portaits?
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=13090
Grave77digger

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2008 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I have already edited Icons for my Chaos team. I falsely assumed it was the same thing to change portraits. I will try to upload them as JPG to the site as they did not work as GIFs. Thanks for the help!!

Edit.
Im assumimng the uploaded pics have to be approved? I think that was my problem. not waiting for them to be approved.
Static

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2008 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Grave77digger wrote:
Edit.
Im assumimng the uploaded pics have to be approved? I think that was my problem. not waiting for them to be approved.

Your correct, the uploaded jpgs will have a small red boarder for unapproved and a black one for approved...
Normally a fairly quick process if staff are on.. just be patient or goto #approval and see if any admin can help
feeva

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

hey you guys... i got a similar problem: i already uploaded a gif- pic into the galery, but now that stupid thing wont "take" it in... it says "move" and i don´t know what this means. i already put the right path in, but it wont work. also i don´t really know what the right path should be....
in the readme file it says i have to change it in the INI file, which i did- but this did´nt help at all...

HELP!!!!

it took me ages to create a pic on illustrator and now i can´t use it!!!!

thnx
 Jump to: