28 coaches online • Server time: 10:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem with that Circ, would be that they could see you and offer you a game with a link, and if you're not remembering who they are, you might just accept. I would, as I accept games from people who don't put their teams on GF if I think it's a reasonable offer, I know some don't though.

I'd favour the Coach name being denoted with a text tag or colour for that reason alone.

EDIT:: Veron - this, amongst other ideas is in the Ideas section. Tex was also suggesting a Script to do this.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Cyco

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont like the idea, unless its individual and shows you what coaches you got on YOUR blacklist.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyco wrote:
I dont like the idea, unless its individual and shows you what coaches you got on YOUR blacklist.

nonono, i want it to show the coaches on MY blacklist not YOUR blacklist.

what use is YOUR blacklist to ME? Twisted Evil

Cyco

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
Cyco wrote:

nonono, i want it to show the coaches on MY blacklist not YOUR blacklist.

what use is YOUR blacklist to ME? Twisted Evil

Thats what I meant. Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

That's what EVERYONE meant. Razz

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Cyco

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Then I like the idea. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thumps up.

My vote for this idea, too, as far as I was tried to be cherrypicked by the same moron at least now about more then 10 times i remember HIS name. But if I see to have played some guys there more then one time, it would be very sad.
/me is going to recheck his Blist.

THUMPS UP for the idea.

---> I have proven the opposite!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

In principle the idea would be good, if it weren't for the impression (I get) that people put others on the blacklist for the "wrong" reasons. Game dodging shouldn't really be encouraged by the site, if people want to do it, they should come up with a system of their own.
Leniyuhl

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldnt it be easier just to create an /ignore script for the entire site? Coaches you dont wanna play wont even be seen on your screen ever again.
That way you dont have to get aggravated when someone you dislike fills up the gamefinder.
TexMurphy

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Full ignore and blacklist warning are two quite different things.

Im quite sure there are as many ways to use the black list as there is players. But for me I use it to mark players who are either morons or who are unfun to play against. I dont enjoy playing players who a) whine, b) are selfish or c) are soar loosers. This doesnt mean I dont want to read what they have to say on forums. This doesnt mean I dont want to play them ever again. Though I do want to be aware of the fact that they are morons before I make my call for what player to challange. Also a full ignore might cause problems with things like tourneys.

A notification doesnt affect any site mechanics and doesnt break anything it just gives more information.

As to Optihut´s comment that blacklist´s are used to dodge games. Activly looking for players on my whitelist and wanting to play them more then other players is also a form of cherry picking isnt it? BB is a social game and playing more against coaches one enjoys to play against is obviously part of the games nature.

Tex
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Teaser:

Greasemonkey script that I might finish up later, blacklisted players are Red and Whitelisted players are white.

Coaches have been added randomly just for testing. Smile

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Cyco

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
Teaser:

Greasemonkey script that I might finish up later, blacklisted players are Red and Whitelisted players are white.

Coaches have been added randomly just for testing. Smile

/me likes \o/

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
If you have too many... you don't belong here.

__Synn

Or you're just the trigger-happy type and you probably should learn to change.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

that's a request i thought of earlier and i really like it. there's a lot of coaches who have never accepted a game offer from me and i kept wasting time asking them because they clutter the game finder and i keep forgetting their names after a while.

i don't even bother asking anyone for a game nowadays because the answer is 'no' more often than not.
Manbush

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2008 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're gonna blacklist people, do the work yourself. Why should others take time to write and apply programming on the site just so you can avoid someone you don't wanna play? And if you're not aware enough to avoid coaches you don't like, that's your own fault!

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
 Jump to: